Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Story Writing: Controlled through Suggestion Game  (Read 1011 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Story Writing: Controlled through Suggestion Game
« on: March 15, 2014, 07:46:59 pm »

Awhile back, I had written two stories: A Dwarf and a Gray Dragon and Legend of Omega: the Last Human, both of which I wound up combining into Legend of Omega: the Dwarf and the Gray Dragon in the hopes that I would get more ideas for it (I sincerely apologize for the quality of writing in advance, though the Dwarf Fortress story has some fairly decent).  However, this wound up not working out too well, since as you can see, I haven't posted anything on it for a few months.  However, I have recently come up with an idea to return them.  Run the story chapters as turns in a suggestion game.  Chapters 1-3 of A Dwarf and a Gray Dragon and the background to Legend of Omega will remain, but from there, the stories are going to be controlled through suggestions here, with the turns being the chapters of the two stories.

To suggest actions for either of the stories, precede the suggestion with the name of the character the action is for (which for now is either Omega, Faream, or Solon) or you can precede the suggestion with Fun:, which adds events to the next turn.

Current Situation for Faream and Solon: Traveling from ruins towards a human fortress.  (Future edit to ending: The town is one week away, rather than 2 days, and the desert goes to the east rather than the west.)
Current Situation for Omega: Nearing an attack upon a merchant ship.

Please no posts about working this out myself.  I've already tried that and ran straight into the rocks of lack of ideas for where to proceed to in the near future.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 08:10:18 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Story Writing: Controlled through Suggestion Game
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 10:37:03 pm »

...alright, what did I screw up so I can know what to avoid in the future?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon