Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Good games for random Bay-12 gatherings (AKA: B-12 MP Thread)  (Read 786 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Good games for random Bay-12 gatherings (AKA: B-12 MP Thread)
« on: December 25, 2014, 01:36:53 am »

After having played some games with my siblings and their friends online, I figured, why don't we have our times to do such things as well?

To put it simply, what are some multiplayer games that we can all most likely run into each other, or what are good days to gather together, and just have some random fun with each other?

Although not on sale during the winter (unfortunately), a good classic that happens to be empty far too often has to be Super Laser Racer (up to 12 players) and InMomentum (Player limit unknown; probably 12-16). These happen to be some rather barren multiplayer games that can use some love. Just as well, for more recent, although rather populated multiplayer games is something along the lines of Speedrunners (Up to 4 players). And if you want more classic fun, there's also Tron Lightcycles, or more precisely, Armagetron Advanced (up to possibly 16-32 players). ScreenCheat (up to 4 players) is another recommendation for this kind of random nonsense suitable to our brand of fun; especially at a multiplayer level.

These have potential for much fun and ‼fun‼. Of course, these are suggestions from my own collection, and a few I played with my brothers online I can recommend.

So, what do you think? What other games do you think would call for a good random (or organized) gathering for a good ol' fashioned beatdown between us all?

EDIT:
I remember another from my collection: Plain Sight (up to 16 players) also looks within a suitable range of ‼fun‼. Any of the Worms games (Like Armageddon or World Party that allows up to 8 players) would also count. Magicka can also count as a good battleground, and let's not forget the classic (for non-Unreals (although I was an Unreal)) Quake Live/Quake III.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 02:19:45 am by Itnetlolor »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Good games for random Bay-12 gatherings (AKA: B-12 MP Thread)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 01:09:38 pm »

Talisman is only four players but it's super fun.  It's a backstabbing PvPvE fantasy board game where you have to defeat the other players by taking control of the crown of command at the center of the map and killing them with its power.
Shoes...

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Good games for random Bay-12 gatherings (AKA: B-12 MP Thread)
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 06:58:29 pm »

To list a few games that are very fun cooperatively:

winward
insurgency
supcom 2
the red solstice
payday 2
lost planet 1/2
endless legend
day z
COH 2
any TW game
Warhammer Space Marine
RO2
Just Cause 2
Arma 2/3
torchlight 2
MB:W
Most Paradox games
starbound
zomboid
trine 1/2
Monaco
killing floor
DOW 1 or DOW 2: retribution
wargame:EE/ALB/RD
MOW
AoE II
Gmod

... in a strange order kind of reflecting how they sorta appear in my steam library.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.