Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Sanctuary RPG (Greenlit and Available on Steam)  (Read 11707 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Sanctuary RPG (Surprising addictive Roguelike)
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2014, 12:22:37 am »

PTW the insane backstories this game makes.
I will try this one day.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2014, 07:54:53 am »

Thanks, i wouldn't have guessed Immolation was called Mantra in the action list

edit : wow the difference, i wish i would have knew that much sooner so i wouldn't have been boring myself like that in those silly grinding, the enemies go down so fast like that it's impressive.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 07:57:08 am by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2014, 12:12:16 pm »

Your character have a lots of perks (and can gain some more during the game progress) that can be seen in the character screen, some of them can be responsible of health jumping.
additionally, some attacks can regen too, by example in the 2nd round of attacks the "Brutal Rend" can heal my character when it hit.

This heal may not be noticable if in the same turn the enemy hit me for as much damage (as you would simply see your health not changing, but if the enemy miss, my health then jump :)

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2014, 07:08:39 pm »

Decided to give this a shot. Ended up dying so many times I decided Softcore was more worth my time. Incidentally, there appears to be a really annoying status effect that causes the screen to just jump up by one whenever I try to heal and instead wastes my turn. How do I address that? It's a death sentence otherwise.

Edit: Mantra is unashamedly broken, apparently. I can kill things that would otherwise give me a hell of a lot of trouble in 3 or 4 turns, and all I have to do is activate it and spam reposition. Wow.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 08:13:45 pm by Tally »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2014, 10:32:06 pm »

Yes i got that screen jump, i think it's more a bug than an intended feature, hopefully the dev will fix it.

the mantra is indeed insanely strong, just destroyed a 400.000 health enemy with it.

For having played act 1 and act 2 without knowing Mantra was that superpowered Immolation (as the description seemed to hint that it only dealt MP as damage, and as MP is so low with my barbarian i thought it would have been useless), without Mantra you really need to grind a lot to level up , because those insanely high healthed enemies are really strong.

And with such absurd health, they takes too much time to kill to keep you out of being bored.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:36:44 pm by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2014, 12:07:11 am »

victory !

or so i thought, because that Act3 is actually not the last ...
but i give up there, too much repetition for me, i don't have fun with it anymore.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2014, 01:21:48 am »

but i give up there, too much repetition for me, i don't have fun with it anymore.

Having the same experience, and I'm not even close to finished with Act 2. Combat is not varied enough to be particularly impressive or fun. And unfortunately, that's really all the game has.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2014, 03:15:06 am »

Farthest I've got is level 17, upon which my first encounter with the Mystic Guardians ended in horrible doom.

I am seriously enjoying this, though.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2014, 02:46:19 pm »

I recommend going to the sanctuary rpg reddit page. He has releases alot and lists them there. Developer is very responsive.

ranger is the most forgiving class.

Daggoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2014, 06:39:12 pm »

PTW, looks interesting to say the least..  From what I've seen the developer is quite active, hopefully it will evolve quickly.
“I think I've reduced the amount of blood in my caffeine system to an acceptable level.” - Khouri

The Elder Scrolls Online: Klavain - Altmer
Eve Online: Neville Klavain -  Gallente - Miners!

I don't RP female characters unless forced per game, so if you run into a Daggoth or Klavain it is probably me.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2014, 12:05:05 pm »

He does regular releases and responds on reddit. My one complaint is that you use a turn when you need to go to the next page of skills to use. He said in reddit that this shouldn't happen. I posted a few times and it has not been fixed. This makes going to the next page almost useless. Over time you get more and more skills so you need to switch pages to do it. If its a turn to switch pages, its not worth it. you can die switching pages and then another turn to switch back.

I have had my most success with rangers. They seem more forgiving. However, the mechanics on dex have changed and its not documented. There are decliding returns on how much dex it takes to raise evade and critical. So eventually its not worth raising anymore. However, its not documented.

i didn't know that about immolation. I usually focus on anything that heals me. I was going for things that are more 'forgiving'. Since I am careless.

I want to add a few things

Crafting is really improved. you get much better items now. However, if you succeed in crafting your skills goes up. So whatever you do, don't risk a failure. Also if you don't like the item you get you salvage it which gives more crafts. so any failure, and you lose a level of crafting and the salvage items to make new crafts.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2014, 06:27:26 pm »

Necro'd

Anyone still play this or pick it up recently?

I'm split on the paladin discipline.
Avenger- (33% shock on HEAL, RIPOSTE increases rage by 5) seems kinda crap. I don't really use riposte, and I avoid healing to build combo as long as possible.
Templar- (100% BLOCK on HEAL, 33% shock on RIPOSTE) seems like it could be really useful, at least the blocking part. If it works on mega-pummels & the like this could save my life.
Priest- (5% chance to HEAL on block/dodge/evade, HEAL refunds MP cost and will refresh BARRIER stacks) This seems really quite good, especially if the 5% heals can proc the refresh/mpcost. In fact I think I'll settle on this.

Anyone been here before? Am I making a horrible mistaking going Priest?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2014, 04:40:22 am »

I'm still playing-- just lost a promising late Act 2 barbarian to a crash. -_-

How on earth do you actually turn off the tutorial-- and have it STAY off?

-----

Priest would be my pick-- I'm in the middle of Act 3 on a barbarian, and doing very well with strong passive defenses-- 49+13% block/evasion chance, 7% regen, 500hp per attack, 160 armor...

Additional healing, on top of that, would be beautiful overkill. (My damage kind of sucks, since I have a -25%dam/5% regen effect, but I'm still doing most normal combats in <10 turns.)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 07:31:12 am by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2014, 08:11:47 am »

They just release a pay version on steam called theblack edition for 5 dollars. Adds a ton of features.the free version is thedemo

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2014, 01:58:13 pm »

Cool that Aoi. Bummer about the barbarian.

Yep, that's what I nabbed guessingo. This is the second or third obscure game Plumphelmetpunk has clued me in on.

holy crap I just realized something.
For the mantras, I picked Reckoning, -10%hp for scaling damage to the enemy. Combined with priest...I could literally turtle my enemy to death.  :o
Holy fucking shit I just tested it, it works.
Fuuuu I just beat the game.
-10%hp/turn, scaling damage each turn for 5 turns
Barrier halves damage taken for 5 turns
Healing for ~50%hp each turn for no mana, refreshes Barrier

Op, never mind. Healing slowly decreases in potency over the battle. Fought a boss with 20x my HP, got him to half-health before having to book it.
So much for that cheese..easy come easy go.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:09:49 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 [2] 3