Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Blank Plays: FTL - Faster Than Light  (Read 949 times)

Blankdoor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blank Plays
Blank Plays: FTL - Faster Than Light
« on: March 12, 2014, 01:45:33 pm »

So after my first fan suggestion I pick up the mantle of rescuing the federation from the Rebel opposition! In a classic underdog tale, watch my fly through space and fail terribly along the way!

Blank Plays: FTL - Episode 1 - Launch of The Impaler

FTL: Faster Than Light is a top down, real time strategy video game created by indie developers Subset Games. In the game, the player controls the crew of a single spacecraft, holding critical information to be delivered to an allied fleet several sectors away, while being pursued by a large rebel fleet. The player must guide the spacecraft over a number of sectors, each with planetary systems and events procedurally generated in a roguelike fashion, while facing against rebel and other hostile forces, recruiting new crew, and outfitting and upgrading their ship.

Buy FTL direct from the developers here

Or on Steam

~Blank
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 01:50:46 pm by Blankdoor »
I'mma Let's Player as well, just a not very popular one: http://www.youtube.com/user/blankdoor

Blankdoor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blank Plays
Re: Blank Plays: FTL - Faster Than Light
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 01:22:04 pm »

So it turns out the game won't even pay you for finishing quests!

Blank Plays: FTL - Episode 2 - Screw you Slugs

I ramble about a future that might never happen! And even get screwed over by our own federation, secret base my ass! We also get our first taste of being trapped behind Rebel lines only to be trapped by our lack of fuel. Not like we would conserve momentum in space or anything and could still attempt to drift away.

~Blank
I'mma Let's Player as well, just a not very popular one: http://www.youtube.com/user/blankdoor

Blankdoor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blank Plays
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 02:06:15 pm »

Flying by the seat of my pants! I mean it's probably not a good a thing, I mean seriously I'm not the best player out there.

Blank Plays: FTL - Episode 3 - Life on the edge

It's not over until the Rebels all die, though seriously we have a really rough time in space, seems like the RNG is not our friend. We have have the crew, just not the ship. You can begin to see how picking up weapons and upgrading the right systems can be imperative.

Still don't worry, there are still plenty of episode to come, space is crazy, hence why this will go on!

~Blank

Blankdoor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blank Plays
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 02:29:41 pm »

We launch The Impaler MKII (even though I still just call the ship the Impaler)

Blank Plays: FTL - Episode 4 - Impaler MkII

Ok so we try again! If at first you don't succeed, keep trying until the RNG let's you win! Which is essentially the only way I can get through this game is by catching a break. Won't happen mind FTL is brilliantly cruel, fair enough you don't rage quit, cruel enough you don't ever win!

~Blank
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 03:24:13 pm by Blankdoor »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 03:27:13 am »

Wow, almost looks like you could surv- Jinx!
It doesn;t really look all that bad, decent shields, enough missiles for a fight or two, I look forward to the conclusion.
P.S.
 I have heard F.T.L. referred to as a rogue-like. I would like to see you try a lets play of Rogue sometime for comparison...
 I found a version that seems to work in Dosbox from here. Or Classicrogue seems to be an alternative...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!