Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Sorcerous Queen [Update 1, Turn 1: Council of Something]  (Read 2922 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: The Second Reign of The Sorcerous Queen
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 02:43:45 pm »

That's what contest by proxy (and conceivably a handicap) is for, EJ :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 03:07:06 pm »

Mr. Grimfeather is prepared for any challenge, provided lunch precedes it. Mr. Grimfeather's servants cook so well, his food is to die for.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 07:03:47 pm »

This is a REAL game?
If only...

Does she get to execute courtiers she isn't fond of?
Yes. :3

E: Incidentally, it just came to me, Irony, that if you wanted to make things particularly silly, you could have people do stuff like fight pokemon duels (via that free PvP thing that's been floating around, or something equivalent) -- any agreed upon PvP setting, really -- to settle grievances.
Using other games to help determine things in this one may happen.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2014, 12:40:50 am »

Update 1, Turn 1: Council of Something

Spoiler: Vote Tally (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Final Results (click to show/hide)

: "And here we are! Apparently out capital is named Kingswood."

Strategy: Passed

: "Hm, and apparently the way south is blocked. We won't have to worry about things coming up from the south, but we won't be able to expand that way either."

Production: Failed
Accounting: Failed

: "Oh, so of course we'll have to figure out what to build in Kingswood..."

Logistics + Production: Passed

: "For instance, if we make a smithy, our troops will have access to better armor."

Naval Strategy + Wield Magic: Passed
Naval Strategy + Lore: Passed

: "Neat! There's a kraken to the north. Kraken regenerate quickly and are dangerous to smaller vessels, but they're not that bad to most land units enchanted with waterwalking. They can't come onto land themselves, either."

: "Speaking of which, we currently have a unit of rogues and a unit of rangers at our disposal."

Production + Logistics: Passed

: "And we can recruit warriors from Kingswood, since it has a Warriors Guild.

: "...and we need to choose which spells to research. Aren't I supposed to have courtiers to handle all of this?"

: "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"

: "I did warn you about them."

: "NO ONE suspects the bird..."

: "..."

: "Let's hope this world lasts longer than the last one."

: "...I think you might be right, Galahad."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Sorcerous Queen [Update 1, Turn 1: Council of Something]
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2014, 01:49:30 am »

Ugh the Kraken.

If there is one thing that will pretty much keep you nearly completely landlocked it is how powerful the sea is compared to your very expensive ships.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2014, 05:39:36 am »

"Well, the way I see it is that we raise the land UNDER the kraken. Then we go turn it into FRIED CALAMARI!

ON another note, while the south looks impassable for us, the landmass there also heads across to the sides as well. Scouting those out might be worthwhile. We do have room to grow the city for now, but that might need some extra planning. The smithy sounds like a fine idea for expanding the city, seeing as we only have one free tile within our borders.

Training up a few warriors couldn't hurt as well, even if they just sit around doing nothing we have something defending our only stronghold."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2014, 08:20:47 am »

Mr. Grimfeather scratched his ear gently with his talon, surveying the map of the kingdom.

"I concur with the words of my cohort. The South may not seem to be a viable option, but it is an option we must explore none the less. However, if our expansion is further blocked, our only choice may indeed well be to raise land out of the ocean for ourselves.

As such, I would recommend the research of the Raise the Land Spell. It may also provide us a means of dealing with this oceanic predator, who no doubt will destroy countless of our ships otherwise.

Hmm... Hmm? I say my dear, I spy some wreckage not far from our stronghold just floating in the ocean. We do not have the means of acquiring the treasure yet without risking life and limb, but perhaps it would be worthwhile to explore it if possible."
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2014, 03:24:19 pm »

Irenicus' mane of fire lights up more than usual as he speaks up.
"Allow me to interfere,Queen but the Healing spell would have more uses to us.Instead of disfiguring this world ,we could seek instead to strengthen ourselves.I propose we explore the southwest,as the forests might yield some interesting results"

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...
Pages: 1 [2]