Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The Swarm : Mini-RTD (4/4) Updated  (Read 11515 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Swarm : Mini-RTD (4/4) Game started
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2014, 02:20:45 pm »

"And, in addition, each cryo section has 40,000 people in it. Can we agree to not try to kill them?"

"The priority here is to eliminate as many of the Swarm as we can, we can't let even a single spore of their being off this ship alive."
"We also need to make sure to exert caution. Avoid using loud and dangerous weaponry, that would wake those in a sort of sleep state."

"Good idea. The less we have to fight early, the better off we can be later."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2014, 05:08:28 pm »

Docking Area: First Contact

The team opens the airlock, and a true carnage is revealed. Numerous dismembered crew members are spread across the room, having tried to reach the shuttles to flee from the Swarm. The wreckage of said shuttle lies amongst a pile of other damaged cargo and a third, wrecked ship. Swarm biomass has started growing through the containers, feeding on the bodies and supplies that lay within. From here, you can spot at least 8 of the bugs between the scrap, unmoving but undoubtly still alive. They consist of little more than sharp claws and a hungry mouth, and are rather unpleasant to behold.

In a corner of the hangar bay, the're more signs of resistance. A large exosuit, canopy torn open by the Swarm, it's unfortunate pilot eviscerated all over the nearby area, leans against a wall. Asides from that, it appears to be functional. Likewise, two of the Docking bay sentries appear undeployed. They could potentially be salvaged.

The doors to the CRYO BAY's are both sealed, but you believe you can open them quite easily. Neither of them has been blockaded, welded or fused shut, after all.

Area: DOCKING BAY
Swarm: 8
Swarm alertness: 0

Spoiler: Crew (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Image of the ship (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission Control (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Turn Template (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Standard Combat (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2014, 05:25:47 pm »

((About what do the Swarm look like? Is "xenomorph" indicating that they're like the monsters from the Alien franchise, or that they're alien in form?))

Carl looks at the exosuit. "[sub[I wish I had a repair kit. That looks real useful.[/sub]"
"The swarm doesn't seem to have noticed you yet. I would recommend using quieter weapons, to avoid disturbing Swarm in this or other areas. Carl, you seem the most technically skilled; I need you to take a sample."
"...Wait, what?"

Carl's Actions:
1-Take Sample
2, 3, 4-Shoot Swarm with electrolaser pistol.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2014, 05:31:35 pm »

((Alien in form))

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2014, 05:40:12 pm »

"Slan, you ready?"
"Always was."

1,2,3,4: Fire at aliens with pistol.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2014, 07:00:12 pm »

"Jaeger, you know the drill. Torch it."
"Understood."

Jaeger: 1,2,3,4: Torch the alien scum with the Flamethrower.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2014, 02:45:12 am »

((Uhm, you're going to fire almost half your ammunition against the first Swarm you see? ))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2014, 11:06:41 am »

((I don't think I understand the way this game works nearly as well as I thought I did before reading that.))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2014, 11:15:09 am »

((I don't think I understand the way this game works nearly as well as I thought I did before reading that.))
((Any specific questions? Anyway, you can use each die either for an attack (uses 1 ammunition), assign them as Defensive dice, or do some miscelanous action. Only for the latter can dice be stacked, in which case the best roll is chosen. ))

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2014, 03:27:08 pm »

"Fire at will Kelly. Try not to hit the exosuit, still might be usable."
"Got it."

1, Shoot swarm(laser) 2, If swarm are still around, shoot with uzi, if there are no swarm, move over to exosuit and investigate. 3, if used 2 to shoot swarm, investigate exosuit.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2014, 06:43:51 pm »

...Oh.

In that case, Attack with two of the dice, and defend with the other two.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2014, 07:16:32 am »

Docking Area: Overkill actually exists.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Carl looks at the exosuit. "[sub[I wish I had a repair kit. That looks real useful.[/sub]"
"The swarm doesn't seem to have noticed you yet. I would recommend using quieter weapons, to avoid disturbing Swarm in this or other areas. Carl, you seem the most technically skilled; I need you to take a sample."
"...Wait, what?"

Carl's Actions:
1-Take Sample
2, 3, 4-Shoot Swarm with electrolaser pistol.

Carl carefully approaches the Swarm, using his suit's optics to gather as much information about the xenofauna as possible. He does not go unnoticed however, and the Swarm workers, surprisingly quick for a lifeform just recovering from hibernation, charge. [4,3,3] A few blasts from his electrolaser pistol, and 3 of the Swarm slump back to sleep. 

Spoiler: Sample: Swarm Worker (click to show/hide)

...Oh.

In that case, Attack with two of the dice, and defend with the other two.

[1,6]Jaeger readies his flamethrower, and with a few concentrated blasts encircles the Swarm in fire. Almost half of the Swarm is caught in the fire. [5] Fire prevention systems must have been deactivated, as no sirens or alarms go off. Seems at least some of the crew managed to follow the Standard Swarm protocol.

"Slan, you ready?"
"Always was."

1,2,3,4: Fire at aliens with pistol.
[1,2,6,6] While obscured by the flames, the Swarm can't move either, and after a few shots to find his range Slan manages to take out the remaining Swarm without trouble.

"Fire at will Kelly. Try not to hit the exosuit, still might be usable."
"Got it."

1, Shoot swarm(laser) 2, If swarm are still around, shoot with uzi, if there are no swarm, move over to exosuit and investigate. 3, if used 2 to shoot swarm, investigate exosuit.
The Swarm are done far, so Kelly is free to go and investigate the Exosuit. It appears to be in remarkably good condition, and after reconnecting a few cables comes back to life. Now just enter the authorization code and you have your own heavy lifting vehicle.

Area: DOCKING BAY
Things of interest: Cryo 3 Entrance (closed), Cryo 4 entrance (closed), Sentry guns (offline), Exosuit (damaged, online), Scattered storage crates
Swarm: 0
Swarm alertness: 0

Spoiler: Crew (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Image of the ship (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission Control (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2014, 09:54:33 am »

"That went well. Much better than expected, for sure. Finish checking around for things, and see what can be...retrieved. Keep a lookout for Swarm."

Slan Scofski: 2 Dice: Check the Sentry Guns. See if they can be used to passively exterminate any Swarm that enter this room while we're gone.
Carl Anderson: 2 Dice: Attempt to repair the exosuit.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: The Swarm : Mini-RTD (4/4) Updated
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2014, 10:52:31 am »

((PTW, this seems cool.))
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Swarm : Mini-RTD (4/4) Updated
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2014, 11:45:30 am »

"Good Work. Malachi, while everyone Carl repairs the Exosuit, check those storage crate."
"On my way."

Malachi, 4 Dice, Open storage crates.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4