Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Your stories of the WEIRD and WONDERFUL side of DF adv mode  (Read 3949 times)

Sheaim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your stories of the WEIRD and WONDERFUL side of DF adv mode
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 04:25:51 pm »

in Masterwork I was playing a War Elephant.

When I somehow caught fire I ran rampant through the bushes looking for water emptying all murkky pools in sight and setting the entire landscape on fire. Then I stumbled upon a goblin tribe and tore through them trampling and trumpeting and then found a sea.

And then I drowned.

Seventy-three kills during that run. When I came back with another adventurer the country was still on fire... Half a year later.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 09:41:30 pm »

I was playing as my own modded race.
I got a mission to slay the crap out of a dragon.
There were TWO dragons in the den.
One lit me on fire and I cleaved its head off with one !!axe!! swing.
As for the other one, I hacked its limbs off, forced it into its own dragonfire to cauterize the wounds, and then slowly punched it to death.
I had to take a break in-game from brutalizing it to eat. So I butchered its friend. And started hitting it in the lower body with some dragon meat.
It eventually suffocated from lung injuries. After eight days of punching and hitting and eating its friend. I survived being burnt with minimal damage; only my clothes were truly burned. I was barely singed.

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 02:29:28 pm »

I was playing as my own modded race...

...I survived being burnt with minimal damage; only my clothes were truly burned. I was barely singed.

Did your race not have fat? Fat is what kills you when you're on fire. The entire layer melts away and starts bleeding.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 11:26:06 pm »

As a vampire necromancer, I entered a tomb with companions. The mummy rises and his undead horde slaughters them all. He begins chasing me... wait, actually, he's following, not attacking. I talk to him: "Indeed, I was buried here in 118..." (it's 250 currently). So, 100+ year-old undead monstrosity... who I immediately recruited. I shall scour the land in search of mummy companions and their perma-cursing abilities!
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2014, 09:13:50 pm »

Walking into a small army of goblins in the sewers with 2 swordmasters, a bowmaster, and a mace lord and several other goblins in a small room. All around the stairs I used to enter it.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.
Pages: 1 [2]