Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40

Author Topic: Webcomics thread  (Read 78742 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: WHO LIKES -WEBCOMICS-
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 03:00:51 pm »

Lucid TV. That is all.

I am now on a journey to find an archive of this glorious monument of webcomic history.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 03:11:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Double post because this is the best completely dead webcomic ever. Seriously, www.lucid-tv.com was gutted by the creator of the webcomic, he removed the archives, and now it's just Paul Blart for the rest of eternity. It's like he's trolling the fans of his terribly dark comic forever. Good luck finding a comprehensive archive of these.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Why did you leave us Lucid-Tv ;_;
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 03:20:27 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2014, 03:34:41 pm »

Recently found Calvin and Muad'dib, which while it is basically just C&H strips with Dune quotes inserted into the dialogue, it works very well.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 03:50:07 pm »

Pictures for sad children got gutted too, sadly.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 05:04:39 pm »

Then again PFSC was a comic you could get exactly the same result from using "random" as reading sequentially. Just do a google image search and read a dozen, you'll be good. I was actually thinking of A Softer World when I wrote this.

EDIT: Oh man I forgot Perry Bible Fellowship
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 06:01:10 pm by LeoLeonardoIII »
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Tjoh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 05:49:04 pm »

Personal favorites:
Red Moon Rising
"Red Moon Rising is a full-colour steampunk fantasy webcomic set in the midst of a magic-fuelled industrial society, following one person’s mistake and the knock-on effect it has on the people and the world around them."

Everblue
"In a world of endless ocean, a young shipwright named Luna meets an odd and cheerful drifter when he crashes his flying boat on her city's dock. When strange circumstances force Luna to leave her home, her once quiet life quickly takes a turn for the unpredictable. In an instant she is swept up in an adventure that will take her beyond the bounds of the charted world and into the Everblue, following the path of an ancient legend with the potential to change the world forever."

Ava's Demon
A very pretty comic about a girl haunted by a demon in a sci-fi universe.

String Theory
Couldn't really figure out a good description, but it's really good. Read it.

Namesake
"Namesake is the story of Emma Crewe, a woman who discovers she can visit other worlds. She finds out that these are places she already knows – fantasy and fairy lands made famous through the spoken word, literature and cinema. Her power as a Namesake forces her to act as a protagonist in these familiar stories as she figures out how to get home."

Dead Winter
Wanna-be poet formerly waitress tries to survive the zombie apocalypse.

Lackadaisy
Prohibition-era St. Louis, with CATS! And GUNS! And SPEAKEASIES!

Unsounded
"Some dead men tell tales, and some little girls have tails...
Daughter of the Lord of Thieves, Sette Frummagem is on a mission, and she'll lie, cheat, and steal to make sure it's a success (she'll lie, cheat, and steal anyway). Condemned to aid her in her rotten endeavours is a rotten corpse who seems oddly talented with the supernatural, and oddly not laying motionless in the dirt.

The road is long and no one is what they seem. Never trust a thief, and never trust anyone who won't let you look into their eyes."

Girl Genius
Wonderfully mad science!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2014, 05:50:29 pm »

Copper didn't last long but it's cool.

OP could collate comics.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2014, 05:51:56 pm »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2014, 05:54:16 pm »

That list includes shitty ones.

What about all the DF comics floating around? I know of Bravemule. Three Panel Soul did a couple.

EDIT: I remember a webcomic about people fighting in a WW1 era type of thing but a lady had a small magical cat? Possibly white?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 06:03:25 pm by LeoLeonardoIII »
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Tjoh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2014, 07:20:18 pm »

I forgot one!

Mokepon
It is a somewhat darker take on pokemon, with a pokemon trainer that would rather watch top gear instead of going on a quest for friendship. Strictly generation I, and follows the same route as the first games (pallet->viridian->viridian forest etc.)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2014, 07:32:56 pm »

EDIT: I remember a webcomic about people fighting in a WW1 era type of thing but a lady had a small magical cat? Possibly white?
The worst part is that I've hit enough obscure webcomics to guess that one off the top of my head.  Alpha Shade: black telepathic cats, giant telepathic birds (possibly related to the telepathic cats) who fight along with human pilots against WW1-era biplanes, interesting premise, beautiful artwork, died quickly. 

Let's see, some excerpts from I'm reading:
  • Blindsprings - Seems to be at the intersection of classical fantasy and proto-steampunk/magitech, though we haven't gotten far enough into the story to confirm that.  Looks interesting from an early glance
  • Cucumber Quest - Already mentioned in-thread, deserves to be mentioned again
  • Erstwhile - Fairy tales illustrated and put in webcomic format.  They've done stuff ranging from Snow White and Rose Red and Maid Maleen to The Bird, The Mouse, and The Sausage and Death of the Little Hen.  I love fairy tales, even the morbid ones, so...
  • Rusty and Co. - D&D-style humour with an adventuring party that consists of a mimic, rust monster, and gelatinous cube.
  • Skin Horse - From Shaenon Garrity, who made Narbonic (a tale about mad scientists, interns, and gerbils).  Basically, a talking Canadian dog too polite to fulfill her creator's goal of conquering America, an extremely violent zombie originally built as a bioweapon, and a crossdressing psychologist with an unusual knack with women (along with some others who eventually join later) work for a Black Ops social services department, along with their boss (a hive mind/swarm of bees) and receptionist (a clockwork robot missing his arms and legs ever since an unfortunate rampage at the Crystal Palace Exhibition).  Also includes a crude-mouthed black helicopter, mad science, "sane" science, silverfish with a predilection for opera, the cutest cobras ever, ominous references to the Old War, fusion pies, Notaries Public, and an entire chapter devoted to mud wrestling.
  • No Rest For The Wicked - my love for fairy tales strikes again.  Princess November, Perrault, and a psychopathic Red try to discover why the Moon has disappeared.  As they do, they wander through other fairy tales, including Beauty and the Beast, The Girl Without Hands, The Boy Who Went Forth to Learn Fear, Bearskin, and Hansel and Gretel.  Sadly, hasn't been updated in over a year.
  • JL8 - DC superheroes in grade school.  I'm not sure why I started reading it, since I don't follow either Marvel or DC Comics at all, but it's actually rather amusing even if you don't read them.  An easier-to-read non-Tumblr archive here.
  • The Fox Sister - In 1968 Seoul, a young mudang (Muist shaman) hunting an evil kumiho (nine-tailed fox) disguised as her sister meets a good-hearted American.  Slow to update, but I enjoy both the art and the story

Add in things like Gunnerkrigg Court, Questionable Content, Schlock Mercenary, The Order of the Stick, and xkcd, which were already mentioned, and more occasional reads such as Awkward Zombie, Gaia (classic fantasy) and Manly Guys Doing Manly Things (needs no elaboration) for seasoning.  I feel like I've done this kind of list before here, though...odd, that. 

EDIT: Ah, that sense of deja vu was going to keep bothering me until I figured it out, so I went and figured it out: ping.  A little bit more descriptive, though a year out of date.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 07:43:35 pm by Culise »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2014, 10:10:43 pm »

Here's something rather old, but very good.
Kid Radd

And something dwarfy:
Skullkickers
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2014, 10:36:54 pm »

Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2014, 10:54:04 pm »

I've read a few, though haven't checked them in ages so I can't give their status on whether they're being updated or not.

Lowroad75: I don't think it's updated anymore. The first one (actually called Lowroad75) was sepia and followed the 3 panel, disconnected style.

Charby the Vampirate: Humorous mishmash, tends to be a bit gory (at least near the beginning). If I remember right I stopped reading as the character plots got really complicated and soap opera like.

Yet Another Fantasy Game Comic: The title says it really. Fantasy comic with DnD leanings. Follows a constant plot with an Orc Prince (it did when I was reading it). Doesn't shy from at least partial nudity. Tends to be rather silly.

Those are the only ones I really remember well, though as I mentioned I haven't checked them in ages (at least 3-4 years).
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2014, 10:58:51 pm »

Digger is a great one. It finished a couple years ago (though in a way that doesn't necessarily rule out future adventures if the author felt like picking it up again; we can always hope :P)
Interesting characters, interesting worldbuilding, and a main character from a race of more or less genre-savvy people. The writer was apparently an anthropology major, which ads quite a bit of interesting flavor to the tales and details.

Next Town Over is still sorta getting going story-wise, but its strong point is its art.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 11:01:16 pm by alway »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40