Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40

Author Topic: Webcomics thread  (Read 78760 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomics thread
« Reply #360 on: April 10, 2017, 07:09:22 pm »

If it werent for the really slow update cycle, I would strongly recommend Powernap.  Very interesting premise, very well drawn.

SLOOOOOOOOW update cycle, but worth it for when it does update.
I started reading it an hour and a half ago and I just finished it.

It's amazing.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 10, 2017, 07:19:21 pm »

Webcomics I read:
Tower of God.
Goblins.
Girl Genius.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 10, 2017, 07:27:32 pm »

It is mostly Bubbles being unreasonable though, right? I mean, Dora co-signing the lease is a no-lose situation for the two.

It's entering Bubbles into an agreement without discussing it with her. I wouldn't consider annoyance to be unreasonable.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 10, 2017, 07:42:00 pm »

Yeah I guess Bubbles doesn't really know Dora, and wouldn't want to be indebted to another person.
I'd say it's paranoia, but justified paranoia.

If it werent for the really slow update cycle, I would strongly recommend Powernap.  Very interesting premise, very well drawn.

SLOOOOOOOOW update cycle, but worth it for when it does update.
I'd recommend gone with the blastwave for the same sort of 'Mostly dead but also good' webcomic.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 10, 2017, 08:38:38 pm »

At the other end of the scale, ever since Abaddon asked if people thought patreon was a good idea and folks were like "STOP DOING OTHER SHIT AND LET US THROW MONEY AT YOU TO MAKE KSBD" he's been cranking them out and it's excellent.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 08, 2017, 09:39:20 am »

Ummm, I think the upstairs neighbors left the water on again.  That may be a strong contender for things you'd rather not see waking up. 
((But we don't have upstairs neighbors.))

Also, the chapter finisher to SSSS was just...I don't have any words.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 08, 2017, 08:09:45 pm »

SSSS made me happy. I was beginning to suspect that everyone was too important/liked to kill off. Something with such an ominous name as Stand Still, Stay Silent really should be a bit grimdark.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 14, 2017, 12:18:48 pm »

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about this situation strikes me as far from 'armless.  I might be going out on a limb here, though.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 17, 2017, 05:03:16 pm »

I think Oscar might need a hand... Or several hundred.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 24, 2017, 05:23:39 pm »

http://www.drugsandwires.fail

First of all, I didn't know you could register a .fail domain

Secondly, it's "Cyberpunk Misadventures in the Dark Future of 1995" (c) in Eastern Europe.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 20, 2017, 02:48:32 am »

Since the Schlock Mercenary thread is so slow, and this is a small question:  Looks like Kevyn is "Captain Foxworthy" here?  Implying he took Elf's last name, but I don't remember that being mentioned before.  The wikis don't seem aware of it, and the topic on the most active forum seems to be ignoring it.

Nevermind, a couple of people are acknowledging it as a reveal.  I guess it just hasn't come up since the new wedding, somehow.  Seems a little odd considering the weight of the Andreyasn name, but I'm sure he has his reasons.  Maybe including the weight of the name.  I'm pretty sure Breya is still Ambassador Andreyasn, with Haban not even having a last name of his/its own.
Edit:  Strip in question, for posterity
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 02:50:04 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 20, 2017, 03:21:50 am »

Reread Prophecy Failed recently. Liked it. Setting is, umm, Napoleonic with no gunpowder? With not much "wider world"... and pretty much no magic aside from the titular prophecy. "Save the kingdom" plot with a small party. I felt the plot-armour was a bit muted compared to most, but mileage may vary on that point. 700ish pages. Not much romance. If anyone is interested in that sort of thing then I might bwe able to provide a better review, especially if I had any idea what people with taste and standards actually enjoy...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 20, 2017, 08:29:37 pm »

I would like to recommend Awful Hospital: Seriously The Worst[Jhonathan Wojick] ever, as its one of the best interactive comics I've ever read, filled with zany characters, mystery, horror, and whimsy all at the same time plus an actually decent fan community.

I'd also like to reccomend Genocide Man for its exploration of the human condition when FAR far too many people are given power.

EDIT: here are some links; http://www.bogleech.com/awfulhospital/intro.html www.genocideman.com/?p=40
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 08:33:03 pm by Paxiecrunchle »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 22, 2017, 06:27:34 pm »

Last Days of Foxhound came up on the Awkward Zombie forum, and it's still sooo good for Metal Gear fluff.  I grew to love the simplistic art. Copying my recommendation here.

Quote from: Rolan7
I can't recommend Last Days of Foxhound enough!  I read most of it before I ever played a Metal Gear game (not counting a bit of MG1 at a friend's place, which was frustrating and brief).

I guess I mentioned it in a previous thread, but briefly, it's a prequel story to MGS1 centered on Liquid and team.  "What was the Foxhound team like before Shadow Moses... and why did they rebel??"
It manages to involve a lot of events from MGS3 eventually, and really goes into the character and motivations of what are otherwise... delightfully odd caricatures.  Having read the comic first, I feel like MGS1&3 had more impact for me.

MGS2 also, since Dead Cell show up (still loyal at this point).  Including a, uh, character who was cut... for um, some reason...
(Yet they kept Vamp...  Not that I'm complaining, he is pretty. badass.)
The first three pages are dumb, then it starts to hit its stride.  I do so love that second link, the cut MG2 character...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40