Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40

Author Topic: Webcomics thread  (Read 77861 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Webcomics thread
« Reply #555 on: September 15, 2019, 01:47:22 pm »

Those are both fairly standard features of webtoons, for better or for worse.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 16, 2019, 10:00:55 am »

A while back, I started reading Prague Race, which was a pretty cool weird story about...some young people who find a magic world (common enough story), except it tries to kill them.

The author wanted to do something different (Sad, but I don't blame her. Can you even imagine continuing a creative project that you were no longer interested in?), and started up Tiger, Tiger. That's about a noble girl who pretends to be her brother in order to steal his ship and crew and go on an adventure. It also has characters from Heir's Game (a comic about a tournament to decide which duelist gets to be the bodyguard for a prince), because the 2 artists are dating.

Reading Heir's Game got me to read the previous comic by that artist, which is about a group of girls who were in basketball practice when the zombie apocalypse happened.

They're all pretty fun.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 22, 2019, 12:36:54 am »

Prague Race is cool. I never got what it had to do with Prague, though...

Maybe I didn't read far enough.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 01, 2020, 04:18:22 pm »

Today's Schlock Mercenary:
Between TT-13-A6 encouraging Schlock to overeat a few strips ago, and this pronouncement that he's willing to take on the Pa'nuri...

I predict that we're going to see a taupe goo scenario.  In other words:  Sergeant Schlock is going to start replicating.
IIRC that is supposed to require genetic exchange... but I don't remember if it *requires* it, and we've gone SO VERY FAR past natural biology with the armor.  Something which was just re-referenced with the talks about personal fabbers.

Just wanted to place my mark!
also webcomics are cool y'all, share more
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 05, 2020, 02:34:24 pm »

Necropolis has been updating again this year, it's nice.
It is not the gold value which makes you powerful, it is the xp.

Unless you use gold as xp I guess.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 05, 2020, 05:16:22 pm »

Wait, some people get trinkets in exchange for loyalty?

My office does a thing where they just wear us down until we don't have the energy to just burn down the building.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 05, 2020, 05:42:02 pm »

El Goonish Shive is on a not particularly interesting arc right now.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 05, 2020, 09:20:11 pm »

I personally enjoy it, but that's because it's a nice break from the mega-drama of the *past 4 years*. (Which is how long Sister 3 lasted)

Edit: It's good to have fun fluffy arcs here and there. :)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 26, 2020, 12:39:58 am »

I identify with this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, kinda agreed.  It's a good comic but these transformation parties are largely meh and tend to get into the nitty gritty of the universe.  I understand those details are important to the author, but not to me.  Though I do find it kind of adorable that Shive takes the rules so seriously.  Maybe there are a lot of theorycrafters and I'm just not in the community.

It has paid off in some interesting reactions since you posted, at least, though Diane's whole "you're not nerds" thing is falling flat for me.  I'm fine with her having character growth, but...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 25, 2020, 06:00:36 pm »

I personally enjoy it, but that's because it's a nice break from the mega-drama of the *past 4 years*. (Which is how long Sister 3 lasted)

Edit: It's good to have fun fluffy arcs here and there. :)

Ah. See, nearly all of my EGS reading has been an Archive Binge, so I don't get the same sense of time as you.

Also, near the end of Sister 3 when the aberrations are fighting Raven, why didn't Sirleck arm them all with pistols instead of just counting on Scarf to be available with "humanity's toys"? One of them mentions something like "Scarf's methods are better for getting past that sword"; why just not give them all a gun as a backup, even if they'd mainly be using their aberrational prowess (and magic)?

Also also, yep, Diane needs to ... apologize for some stuff. Her past shouldn't have just disappeared by virtue of hanging out with the Main Eight and
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 06:03:40 pm by Eschar »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 26, 2020, 06:17:53 am »

I probobly missed the messege but anyone knows what's up with Ava's demon?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 26, 2020, 08:33:49 am »

Been Catching up on Cube Watermelon's comics, mainly Sleepless Domain (magical girl comic, actually quite dark) and a recent stint on Kiwi Blitz (light-hearted Mecha action comedy, can recommend both heavily.

EGS:

Regarding the current arc, Dan has implied that only one person of the 8 so far has actually like fully accepted Diane, so hopefully they actually address her past behavior. I do agree the whole "what is a nerd" thing wasn't the best done, but then it became a thing about labels on general and the. It was over and all was well again.

Spoiler: Sister 3 Stuff (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 27, 2020, 02:31:01 am »

Can haz links? >.>
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 27, 2020, 03:08:55 am »

I probobly missed the messege but anyone knows what's up with Ava's demon?
As far as I can tell the Author's dealing with Depression, but it doesn't look like she's left much behind to say any details, and she hasn't posted much for months.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 27, 2020, 09:12:15 am »

Another "what's up with Ava's Demon" but less "what's going on", more "how do I consume this".

I binged the Webtoon content sporadically over a day or two. The latest comic was yesterday. But then I look and find another site with loads more content I've never seen. I know free Webtoon is generally three episodes behind but it looks like more has happened than would fit in three episodes.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40