Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 52

Author Topic: Gods and Mortals II OOC (From the darkness, a turn creeps out...)  (Read 72323 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals II OOC (He we go...)
« Reply #195 on: March 24, 2014, 02:09:32 pm »

I assume the planets are completely stationary. We don't have a light source as of yet, which probably means we have night-vision treants without photosynthesis. The smallest planet has that weird chaos glow, though.

Hey, Zanzetkuken. Would one need a Mighty Act to create a small sun which would orbit around the planets?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 24, 2014, 02:19:08 pm »

I had just assumed that the Wandering Light made enough light to illuminate a great deal of the Terra Firma, as well as the bottom sides of the Wanderers.
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 24, 2014, 02:22:38 pm »

That...would be awfully convenient, but the truth is that nobody has gotten around to making light yet. I'm currently trying to figure out whether it's my job or not. We can say that the Aether is luminiferous (ha-ha), but sooner or later, somebody has to make a sun.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 24, 2014, 02:32:03 pm »

Well, actually, you don't really need to. Suns are just bothersome, and besides, fact is that the day night cycle is already rather screwded up. Planets will have one of course, but the ground will just be perpetually lit, with the exceptions of the planet's shadows, of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 24, 2014, 02:33:54 pm »

Or, or I could just solve this problem and make light.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 24, 2014, 02:36:10 pm »

Well, actually, you don't really need to. Suns are just bothersome, and besides, fact is that the day night cycle is already rather screwded up. Planets will have one of course, but the ground will just be perpetually lit, with the exceptions of the planet's shadows, of course.
Yes, but it's currently dark as fuck. There is no day-night cycle: everything's just dark. If I make a small sun which will make loops around each planet, there will be proper day, at least. Currently, any light is produced either by the smallest planet or just faint Aetheric glow.

Or, or I could just solve this problem and make light.
I approve this message.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 24, 2014, 02:41:44 pm »

Meh, you go on. But perhaps hurry, as I must exploit said knowledge to create super storms.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 24, 2014, 02:42:53 pm »

Unless they go to the other side of the world, they actually might actually think they are on a disk.
Or a turtle. Or a square. Or a tetrahedron. Or any of the other things real-life people have thought the world is.

That a problem?
Did I say it was?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 24, 2014, 02:45:49 pm »

Fair enough, you didn't. I was just establishing the fact that it isn't. Sorry and all.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 24, 2014, 03:07:32 pm »

I plan on fixing it with a major act.
Crack-a-lack-a

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2014, 03:27:08 pm »

That...would be awfully convenient, but the truth is that nobody has gotten around to making light yet. I'm currently trying to figure out whether it's my job or not. We can say that the Aether is luminiferous (ha-ha), but sooner or later, somebody has to make a sun.
What I meant is that you are the wandering light, therefore I assumed you emit light.
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 24, 2014, 03:37:48 pm »

What I meant is that you are the wandering light, therefore I assumed you emit light.
Nah, my physical manifestation doesn't - something unrelated to it does when it's present. It's in the sheet. I assume that in this case this is the Aether, and it's hardly enough light for an entire universe, especially when our first life form is photosynthetic.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2014, 04:13:01 pm »

Unless Wolf made the trees like Mallorn trees, which produce their own light.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 24, 2014, 04:44:41 pm »

Next question. Can I mess with the acts of others during the turn in which they were created.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 04:47:17 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 24, 2014, 04:53:25 pm »

I had just assumed that the Wandering Light made enough light to illuminate a great deal of the Terra Firma, as well as the bottom sides of the Wanderers.

Apparently in the description a portion of his avatar does emit some glow, but considering how it is described, I'm going to call it as having roughly the equivalent output of half that of what the Earth's moon reflects.  You can see the source and some other things, but not very well.

Unless Wolf made the trees like Mallorn trees, which produce their own light.

Didn't specify, so that variant does not exist.  Really, the light problem is significant to Wolf.  On the previous turn, the trees were supported by the godly power that made them, but that is waning fast and they will be relying upon natural processes, and without any light...

Hey, Zanzetkuken. Would one need a Mighty Act to create a small sun which would orbit around the planets?

Yes, but I'll call it as one Mighty Act for 3 (relatively) small sources, one for each planet.

Next question. Can I mess with the acts of others during the turn in which they were created.

You know what, I'm going to assume you can't and do something else instead.

Actually, you can.  Just try to make it subtle so the other god doesn't notice.  Gods aren't omnipresent or omniscient, but they are a lot higher up there in understanding than any mortal can achieve, so the unnoticeable falls closer to slight behavioral modifications, a slow degradation (>10 turns) of the creation, or other minor act shenanigans.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 52