Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 52

Author Topic: Gods and Mortals II OOC (From the darkness, a turn creeps out...)  (Read 71119 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals II OOC (He we go...)
« Reply #240 on: March 25, 2014, 04:04:36 am »

Oh, yo guise I just woke up, let me check what went down in my abseT͙͇̭̗ͦ͋H̛̯̬̹͐̒Ę̝̞ ̮͙̗̺̆ͫͫ̋̀ͤ͆F͖̩͚̬͚ͣ́ͬ̽U̝͓͐C̸̣̏̃͑͂̉̽̎K͚̍͂͗ͫ̀͒E̻̫̜̿̄ͧ̍R̜̣͎͕͉̜ͪ̀Ŷ͕͚ͭ͛̿̿ͥ.͖̳̂̉̆ ̰͙̝͓̲̂́͗͊ͅI̝̱͔̠͍̫͂͠T̻̻̽͌̆ͣͣ ̌͋͏̺B̛̥̯͈͕ͭͅE̢̫̮̻͔̟͐ͅG̳͉̦͎̙͎ͪ̉̉ͅI̥̩̤͎̭͚̞̎͗̚N͇̪̝̰̗̫̙̒S̞̝̃
Mind if I sig this?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 25, 2014, 04:46:53 am »

Oh, yo guise I just woke up, let me check what went down in my abseT͙͇̭̗ͦ͋H̛̯̬̹͐̒Ę̝̞ ̮͙̗̺̆ͫͫ̋̀ͤ͆F͖̩͚̬͚ͣ́ͬ̽U̝͓͐C̸̣̏̃͑͂̉̽̎K͚̍͂͗ͫ̀͒E̻̫̜̿̄ͧ̍R̜̣͎͕͉̜ͪ̀Ŷ͕͚ͭ͛̿̿ͥ.͖̳̂̉̆ ̰͙̝͓̲̂́͗͊ͅI̝̱͔̠͍̫͂͠T̻̻̽͌̆ͣͣ ̌͋͏̺B̛̥̯͈͕ͭͅE̢̫̮̻͔̟͐ͅG̳͉̦͎̙͎ͪ̉̉ͅI̥̩̤͎̭͚̞̎͗̚N͇̪̝̰̗̫̙̒S̞̝̃
Mind if I sig this?
Not at all.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 25, 2014, 05:09:38 am »

Mind if I sig this?
Not at all.
Yay!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 25, 2014, 08:01:44 am »

So, we now have one sun, to produce the most light, and three crystals to produce much less light... interesting...
The crystals reproduce.
And no matter how bright the Sun is, seen from Pluto it's just another star. You need a bunch more to have lots of light.

You know, the three modifications are only behavioral changes...
Actually, making the treants sleepy and fuzzy-eyed sounds more like a metabolic and physiological change than a behavioral one. And if I wanted to nitpick, the others are really more neurobiological and/or psychological, since they change the beings' outlooks more than their behavior.

Virumlix observed the actions of these other gods, they seemed peaceful, unlike the monsters he had encountered before. He considered making a light source, but his power was in adequate. But who said it had to be a large light source, why not one just big enough? Who even said one, why not many? And so Virumlix channeled his powers, and started creating large, d20 like crystals.
That broke my immersion.
(It's "icosahedral".)

1 Act: Remove any traces of Trickster from the breath that corrupted the mortal races to prevent the vengeful gods from knowing his identity - in meta speak, disguise my acts so the other players don't auto-know it was me.
You know, if you keep this up, the Trickster will be blamed for damn near anything going wrong.
I'm willing to bet that people will eventually find out the Trickster did it. I mean, he's called the Trickster! You don't expect a god like that to be the God of Fertility, Rainbows, and Bunny Rabbits.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 25, 2014, 09:36:54 am »

And of course, the Trickster disguises his work so Wolf can't find him :D
Do you have a god in the game?
My app is a younger god, so he hasn't come in yet.
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 25, 2014, 12:39:21 pm »

Sadly, the earliest you can expect that is in 12 hours. Internet has been acting up and ate the act I had earlier.

How's your internet now?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 25, 2014, 12:46:48 pm »

Better, though I got distracted by trying to calculate the relative sizes of the giant seas, the planets, and their distance. Expect an observation on that soon.

Anyway, by word of GM the plane is 20 miles deep. Off course, the giant lakes don't go down to the bottom, so let's assume they stop at 25 km. Nice number, and rids of that archaic nonsense that seems to be preferred in some parts of the world.

Assuming the planets are terran in size, they have a volume of roughly 1.×1021 m3. Assuming again, that the lakes are a perfect cylinder, that gives us a radius on the scale of 109 m.  So said lake would be about a million kilometer across.

Now, as our overgod has said that the planet can easily be seen reflected in the water below. This means that the sea, seen from the planet's pole, is still quite big. For 5 different scenarios.

a: The sea practically covers the entire sky (visual angle: 179.9 degrees) 17 000 km (Very approximate number)
b: The sea nearly covers the entire sky (visual angle: 160 degrees). 175 000 km. (Very approximate number. )
c: The sea covers a large part of the sky (visual angle 120 degrees) 575 000 km (Very approximate number)
d: The sea covers half the sky (visual angle 90 degrees) 1 000 000 km (Very approximate number)
e: The sea covers a small part of the sky (visual angle: 45 degrees)  2 400 000 km (Very approximate number)

Note: if the planets are larger, these calculations will be massively inaccurate.

Edit: Never mind. Internet is better, but now browsers are acting up and randomly crashing. Really should check this computer completely sometime. Action up soonish.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 01:23:53 pm by 10ebbor10 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 25, 2014, 01:58:02 pm »

Anyway, internet is acting up again, so I'll post the action now, and add the RP in sometime soon.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 25, 2014, 02:17:17 pm »

Those are pretty nice observations, but I have a correction: the seas are hemispherical, not cylindrical.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 25, 2014, 02:19:05 pm »

Those are pretty nice observations, but I have a correction: the seas are hemispherical, not cylindrical.
Cylinders are easier to calculate.

Besides, they can't be hemispherical as their depth is locked at 36 something kilometer, unless you punched through the plane.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:20:39 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 25, 2014, 02:23:36 pm »

Besides, they can't be hemispherical as their depth is locked at 36 something kilometer, unless you punched through the plane.

32.1869 kilometers to be precise.

You know you did not have to spoiler your acts, right?  Or are you going to edit them into RP'd actions?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 25, 2014, 02:24:40 pm »

That is the summary, I'll edit in the actual RP later, once I can convince my internet not to crash every 5 minutes. Shouldn't be long.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 25, 2014, 02:25:28 pm »

Pah. Same shit. Volume of hemisphere is 2/3πr3, and volume of cylinder is 2πr2h. Hemispheres are even easier, because only one variable.

Besides, them being perfectly cylindrical makes no sense.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 25, 2014, 02:31:29 pm »

Point is, you can't have a perfect hemisphere, as the plane is only a good 32 km thick. Which would make for a rather disappointing sea and planet respectively.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 25, 2014, 02:33:10 pm »

Point is, you can't have a perfect hemisphere, as the plane is only a good 32 km thick. Which would make for a rather disappointing sea and planet respectively.
Let's say they're irregular bowl-shaped somethings with the same volume as the respective planet.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 52