Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Nexus (Suggestion Game)  (Read 13786 times)

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
Nexus (Suggestion Game)
« on: March 19, 2014, 11:19:38 pm »

Turn 1
| Turn 2 >>>

You open your eyes slowly, as your hearing also begins to come back. Something is beeping urgently in the background, and you are in a room drowned by red light. Across the room is a bunch of panels and buttons that you know nothing of. There is a dead body across the room, and a blood splatter across the wall. You stand up, and examine the man. There is a gaping hole in the side of his head, but his face is still unchanged. You cannot put a name on him, and you have no idea how you got here. All you can remember is that the year is 3200-something and you were last in the Melora Sector. You notice that you are wearing a backpack, but it is empty.

Spoiler: Attributes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Followers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ship (click to show/hide)

SIDE NOTE: This is aimed at being a realistic space-sim suggestion game. Please don't suggest things that don't make sense.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:11:58 pm by bsnott »
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 12:28:36 am »

We are Ariel Nakano the Ninth.Our first move is to shout murder and call the alarm.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 05:44:21 pm »

Turn 2
<<< Turn 1 | Turn 3 >>>

You slightly remember yourself. Your name is Andrew Nakano IX, , 20 years old, from the planet of Marlek in the Melora Sector. You quickly decide that the best choice in this situation would be to shout, "Murder!", and so you do. The shout echoes throughout the ship, and nothing answers. You can't exactly turn on the alarm, as it is still on and beeping in the background. Something bad went on here.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:15:15 pm by bsnott »

*gobbles menacingly*

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 05:54:53 pm »

Turn off the alarm. we can't hear ourself think in this noise.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 06:15:50 pm »

Turn 3
<<< Turn 2 | Turn 4 >>>

You walk up to the panels, and looks around for a button that says alarm. There's a big switch, but it has been bent beyond belief, and it is no longer possible to pull it down.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:16:37 pm by bsnott »

*gobbles menacingly*

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 06:19:02 pm »

Cheap Centauran crap...

Well if we're awake, might as well get something to eat. Plus there could be a back up switch in another room.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 06:19:48 pm »

Spawn a probe!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 06:19:59 pm »

Check body for gear, ID, etc. Check to see whether the hole in his head was made by something going in or something coming out. Then look for whatever is making the beeping noise.

Try to remember if we're supposed to be here, or if we're the intruder.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 07:26:22 pm »

Check body for gear, ID, etc. Check to see whether the hole in his head was made by something going in or something coming out. Then look for whatever is making the beeping noise.

Try to remember if we're supposed to be here, or if we're the intruder.

+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 08:06:49 pm »

Turn 4
<<< Turn 3 | Turn 5 >>>

You search the dead body. The first thing you find is an ID card stating that this man is Edward Cullen, a shield operator of a C-class freighter ship called the Deephold. You also determine that the ship was probably attacked, because of the fact that this man has a gaping hole in the side of his head. On the topic of the hole, you determine that this was caused by a stab to the head with a sharp object. You continue searching, and find a B-3 Ballistic Pistol. Ballistic weapons aren't used much at all anymore, so this is quite a low quality weapon. You decide to search the next room, and take the door out into the hallway. Outside, you see that something terrible has happened. Dead bodies are scattered around the hallway, and there is blood everywhere. Out of the corner of your eye, you see a man looting one of the bodies further down the hallway. Determined to kill the pirate scum, you point your B-3 at him.

Suddenly, you hear a whisper from across the hallway, inside the room. The door is cracked open slightly, and a pair of eyes is looking directly at you. "Did you hear me? Get down!" the man whispers urgently.

Spoiler: Friends (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crew (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:18:19 pm by bsnott »

*gobbles menacingly*

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 08:22:53 pm »

The first thing you find is an ID card stating that this man is Edward Cullen

Space vampires. Wonderful.

Seek cover, then check ourselves for ID. If we have ID like Mr. Cullen, then we'll know who we are. If we don't, then clearly we're one of the pirates.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 09:13:17 pm »

The first thing you find is an ID card stating that this man is Edward Cullen

Space vampires. Wonderful.

Seek cover, then check ourselves for ID. If we have ID like Mr. Cullen, then we'll know who we are. If we don't, then clearly we're one of the pirates.
Wow, didn't even realize that as I was typing it xD I knew that name was from somewhere, just didn't remember exactly where. Plus I've never actually watched or read Twilight so I probably didn't even know that it was him anyway.

*gobbles menacingly*

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 09:17:21 pm »

Turn 5
<<< Turn 4 | Turn 6 >>>

You run back into the room, and watch the pirates from the doorway. You also decide to check yourself for any ID. Unfortunately, you can't find anything. This makes you think. What if you're a pirate? You're wearing the same blue jumpsuit as all of the other crewmen. You think about walking out and hoping to see how they reply for a split second, but then decide that they'd probably just turn you into Swiss cheese.

Spoiler: Friends (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:20:03 pm by bsnott »

*gobbles menacingly*

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 09:27:20 pm »

You're wearing the same blue jumpsuit as all of the other crewmen.

Since we apparently didn't notice that the other crewman were also wearing blue jumpsuits, it's possible we might not be very bright. Or perhaps we're still recovering from head trauma. Hopefully we're not the Roger Wilco of this ship. Either way, it's probably best that we sit down.

But since we're not very bright, instead of sitting down, peer carefully into the hallway and if we have safe opportunity to do so, dash across into the other room and hide with the the whispering guy who hopefully knows more than we do, and try to find out what's going on.

EDIT:

Also: do either of the doors have labels?

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 10:22:34 pm »

Turn 6
<<< Turn 5 | Turn 7 >>>

You peer around the corner to take a look at the pirates. The single pirate is finishing up looting a corpse, and begins walking to another just as another pirate runs down the hallway towards him. The pirates are all wearing various Kevlar assortments with leather jackets over them, and the one that just came into view is wearing a biker's helmet. "We've gotta get out of here, this thing's spiraling out of orbit!" the new pirate says harshly to the one that is looting. The first pirate nods and follows the other down the hallway. You take this opportunity to run across the hall, into the unmarked room with the other crewman. He opens the door for you, then closes and locks it once you are inside. The room seems to be a dorm, as it has four bunks and four cabinets for personal storage. The man wears a blue jumpsuit just like yours.

"Andrew, what happened in there?" the man asks.

"I have absolutely no idea. I have no idea where I am, what time it is, or anything. Who are you?" you ask.

"Amnesia, huh? Happens pretty often in the Melora Sector for some reason. Anyway, I'll fill you in briefly. My name is Joey Baltz, I'm an engineer. This is the Deephold, a freighter ship headed to Jelkra. We are currently orbiting a tugging planet, named Carlik II. Year's 3250, July 18th."

"What's a tugging planet?" you ask.

"A tugging planet is a planet that cannot sustain life at all, but has a very high gravitational pull. You are generally supposed to stay away from these, but we got a little bit close when we were headed to Jelkra. Some pirates saw us, and thought that we'd be easy prey. Luckily we've got the latest defense weapons and ship plating, but these pirates were smart. They just shot us in the hull once, powerfully enough to knock us off course and into the pull of Carlik II. While we were in a panic to get out of the pull, they boarded us and, as you can probably guess, slaughtered us. I don't know who else is left, but we really need to get off of this ship."

Spoiler: Known Characters (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:23:08 pm by bsnott »

*gobbles menacingly*
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10