Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Nexus (Suggestion Game)  (Read 13756 times)

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2014, 12:06:42 am »

"Sounds good to me." you say. You decide to do a quick supply check while you have time, and also do some field maintenance on your PAG-11.

You
PAG-11 Laser Rifle (3 clips left)
Radio
Map
MRE (x2)
Compass

Pvt. Sandro
PAG-11 Laser Rifle (2 clips left)
Fragmentation Grenade
Radio
Map
MRE
Compass

Pvt. Lepred
Dren-42 Designated Marksman Rifle (3 clips left)
Radio
Map
MRE (x2)
Compass

Cpl. Jives
PAG-11 Laser Rifle (4 clips left)
Fragmentation Grenade (x2)
Radio
Map
MRE (x2)
Compass

Pvt. Collins
PAG-11 Laser Rifle (3 clips left)
Fragmentation Grenade
Radio
Map
MRE (x2)
Compass

Pvt. Emuel
Ba-25 Ballistic Rifle (5 clips left)
Medical Supplies (enough to heal three after Lepred is healed)
Radio
Map
MRE (x2)
Compass

Pvt. Rikel
PAG-34 Grenadier Laser Rifle (3 clips left, 3 HE rounds left)
Fragmentation Grenade
Radio
Map
MRE (x2)
Compass

Pvt. Davis
Dren-42 Designated Marksman Rifle (4 clips left)
Fragmentation Grenade
Radio
Map
MRE (x2)
Compass

You write it all down in your field journal, and continue to fall asleep. Rikel, Collins, and Sandro are on protection shifts for the night.

You are awoken by the sound of gunfire just outside the cave. From the light in the exit you can tell that it is morning, probably around 5 A.M. Still asleep are Emuel and Davis, and Jives is standing near the cave exit, investigating what is going on outside.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2014, 12:43:51 am »

Wake everyone quietly and make sure they all keep their mouths shut. Volunteer to scout. Get our belly and stealthily scope the scene outside the cave, then report back.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 12:45:26 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2014, 12:51:34 am »

Wake everyone quietly and make sure they all keep their mouths shut. Volunteer to scout. Get our belly and stealthily scope the scene outside the cave, then report back.
+1

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2014, 11:32:39 pm »

You pat your friends one by one and whisper to them to get up and armed. As they get ready for fighting, you walk over to Jives. He sees you approaching and puts a finger to his mouth, indicating to stay quiet. "What's going on?" you ask in a whisper.

"I have no idea, I was about to go and che-" he is cut off by Sandro running into the entrance of the cave.

"Me and Collins, we ran into a patrol. They saw us...managed to kill 'em all though. Collins ran off to find Rikel. We've gotta move." Sandro says.

Just as he finishes his sentence, you see Collins and Rikel sprinting towards the cave, pointing backwards, towards a hill. Suddenly, laserfire begins to erupt from the top of the hill towards your position. You and Jives take cover behind the cave entrance, and you peek up. At least ten enemy infantry are firing on you from the top of the hill, and you can see a Reyvajik light transportation ship flying away in the distance. As Collins and Rikel arrive at the cave entrance and begin taking cover, Jives grabs you by the shoulder.

"Take Sandro and Rikel and flank that hill! We'll suppress with DMRs!" he shouts over the laserfire.

*gobbles menacingly*

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2014, 11:39:50 pm »

Take a peek and see which side offers the most cover. Have Rikel frag them first with his underbarrel, and once that's done grab those two and flank on whichever side we decide is best.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 11:41:57 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2014, 10:48:11 am »

You see that the left side offers more protection from scattered rocks than the right, and decide that that is the route you'll take.

"Rikel, hit 'em with the underbarrel!" you command. Pvt. Rikel immediately begins pouring down HE rounds on the top of the hill, taking out two of the enemies. The designated marksmen begin firing, and the enemies are forced behind cover. "Sandro, Rikel, with me!" you shout and begin taking off towards cover on the right, with the two close behind. Lasers begin fly towards you, so you duck behind cover just on the side of the hill. If the enemies come out to make an accurate shot on you, the sharpshooters will easily take them out. They're dug in, and pinned down. In the distance, behind the cave, you see another light transport ship approaching.

*gobbles menacingly*

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2014, 10:57:16 am »

Do we have all have wireless comms? Also, just how big is the transport? Could Rikel bring it down with the underbarrel if he nails it?

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2014, 10:01:30 pm »

All soldiers have wireless comms, yes. The transport is about the size of a modern day Osprey, so a well placed HE round could likely disable it.

*gobbles menacingly*

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2014, 01:15:06 am »

Call out over the radio about the transport, then have Rikel try to take it out. Only use one round. Regardless of the outcome start circling to one side of the hill so we can press the enemy's flank.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2014, 05:11:18 pm »

"Rikel, target that light transport over the cave!" you shout out over comms. Just as the transportation ship stops to let out it's chalk, Rikel fires an HE round at it. The round goes straight into the cockpit and explodes, and the ship spirals down to the ground and explodes. Your Hawks continue to suppress the enemies on top of the hill.

*gobbles menacingly*

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2014, 06:24:31 pm »

Get in as close as we can without being spotted and hose 'em!

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2015, 06:56:43 pm »

You move cover to cover, advancing on the pinned down Reyvajiks. They are too preoccupied with your team that they don't notice you creeping into a flanking position. You lean over your cover and shoot down five of the Reyvajik infantrymen before they notice your presence, and begin to fire back at you. Two get out of their cover to get away from you, but your designated riflemen take both of them down. Only one is left, and he charges your cover. Just as he gets to you, Sandro puts a shot into his helmet. He falls on top of your cover. You can hear Jives on the radio.

"We need to get the hell out of here, now!"

*gobbles menacingly*

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2015, 02:33:23 am »

Way to make a comeback!

Get the hell out of there now!

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2015, 02:45:26 pm »

"North, run north! We'll pick a meeting zone once we're clear!" you hear Jives shouting over the comms.

"Sandro, Rikel, with me!" you shout, and gesture for them to follow you. You check your compass and begin sprinting north as fast as you possibly can. After about a minute of running you think you hear a ship approaching from behind the mountains, but you don't look back. You run over a ridge and slide down the side of the rocks. Suddenly you feel the ground give and you begin to fall. You collide with the ground, and then Sandro falls on top of you. Rikel falls off to the side. When you look up and turn on your helmet light, you find yourself about thirty feet underground, in what seems like a trench-shaped cave. There are three paths in front of you, one leading backwards into the ridge you just climbed over, one leading in the direction you were going, and one leading off the left. There isn't any way to crawl back up.

"Shit, where are we?"

"What's the plan now, Nakano?"

*gobbles menacingly*

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2015, 02:50:03 pm »

Let's keep going down the way we were going. Keep your guard up I think something abnormal is around. No way this just happens magically.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10