Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Fall of Freedom  (Read 862 times)

icer667

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Fall of Freedom
« on: April 01, 2014, 04:06:26 pm »

Rusna Kazimeka, My first adventurer in this new world. My First target was Renal Sculptdabbler. A vampire who murdered 1225 people. When I met him, he donned sperm whale attire, a man clearly of great fortune, sad i had to end his undead life so quickly. I accused him of being a vampire, and the few people in the building mobbed him, however, the fights he must have gotten into throughout his long life paid off, he dodged every attack... except for mine. I quickly charged at the vampire slashing at wherever I saw fit. After sustaining minor wounds, I stabbed the creature in the upper body, causing extreme bleeding. My team and the mob in the building backed him into a corner, blood splattered and wounded, the vampire bled out, Ironic to say the least. I had finally achieved a name for myself. The next few days, I slay mutated beasts that were once human. Then I discovered a tomb. I entered one of the buildings, and a slab caught my attention thank Armok I knew how to read. It Read "Woe unto any that disturb the resting place of Gicast Adilramac. The lord is with Uja but watches still". Uja? An unfamiliar name, surely a religion I have yet to hear of. I ascended the nearby stairs. What I saw next was awful, Rows and rows of bodies, none in tombs or coffins. I quickly descended the stairs, terrified. I dare not return there until I am more prepared for the horrors. I traveled to Ewomked, a large city of the nation. I remember that there was a dungeon there, so I went to go and explore that in the castle. After finding nothing, I returned upstairs, where I found a goblin farmer. I thought he was a slave, he looked friendly, however he charged at me, and I slashed at him. That's when they turned on me, my own soldiers attacked me, and i was killed right there. How could a goblin farmer be so important to the humans? i looked into his history in legends mode, and there was no real history to him, he was a goblin citizen of a human civilization, his name was Gelu Bathrudonu, born in the year 987, son of Xidel Drummedspeakers and Ishas Bowtrough. Not only that, he was BORN in Ewomked, he never moved. The only odd thing i could find about this guy was how he had a grudge with the cave fish woman, Mat Crossbunch. Apparently she had robbed him when he was 19, and nearly a year later, he returned to take revenge on Mat, who easily defeated him. I was getting nowhere, how could the humans of Pesor Kamde be so fond of goblins. Ewomked was merely a large city, founded in the year 51 by the confederacies of gliding.  The only way i could find out what had happened was to look into all of history itself, looking through everything related to the human race. I was going to find the truth. Perhaps the truth lay in the world itself, so i created another adventurer. His name was Mokun Mesmsimo, Human of Pesor Kamde. After beginning my adventure in Ilospjamas, I set out to Ewomked. Whilst traveling, I decided i needed a party to join me on my adventures. That's when I met Urwa lLideuxen, A goblin crossbowman. Again, a goblin in Pesor kamde. I quickly asked him to join me, and with the recent slaying of a vampire in the town, he said yes. Along the way, we were asked to disperse of some Dwarven bandits. They were easily destroyed, however one of our comrades, Bengel the Spearman, Was seriously injured her hand was broken, and she was falling in and out of consciousness. We had to stay with her. After an hour’s wait, we could move as a group again. On my way to Ewomked, we were ambushed. My adventurer died there. I suppose, all of my research in the real world wouldn't pay off; I must delve into legends mode.  I first looked into Gelu's parents; perhaps if i traced them back far enough, I may be able to find when the goblins arrived in the human realm. I first looked into Xidel's history. I made a startling discovery. Xidel was a member of the Tick of Burdens, a large goblin nation. That wasn't the startling part, the startling part was the Confederacies of Gliding went to war with the Tick of Burdens, not once, BUT TWICE, with the most recent one STILL ONGOING. The Conflict of Grips is an ongoing war, a near thousand year war. Unfortunately, The tick of burdens has not a single piece of land in Ecamo Asada. The war was declared by the Leader of the Confederacies of Gliding at that time, Storur Esteemsky. The current leader of the tick of burdens at that time was newly appointed a year after the war began. She was a human named Gib Bothertimes... and she was 12. Gib Bothertimes was abducted from her home in the confederacies at the age of 1 by the goblin Em Creatureghouls. She settled in the dark fortress of Markedfell. She lived there until the age of 11, one year after the Conflict of grips began. That year, Markedfell was destroyed by the Confederacies, causing the survivors to migrate. Gib moved to Lunchreins, where there, she met Ilan Brushedrack, and fell in love with him. Marrying Ilan that same year, she began her life again as a human citizen. After learning of the survivors migration, the administrators decided they needed a "poster boy" if you will, of the Tick of Burdens. With the past leader recently killed by the master of the Confederacies, they needed a morale boost in a losing war. And who better a candidate than Gib herself. She was perfect, a survivor, young, and best yet, a human. The couple moves to Burdencruel, a human town close to the border of the Tick. The council of the Tick of Burdens believed that, perhaps, a human leader will pacify the Confederacies warpath. Ilan became an administrator shortly after Gib's rise to power, being her husband. Unfortunately, the Confederacies don't let up on the assault. The council of the Tick of Burdens are furious with the superiors decisions to appoint a 15 year old human as the leader of the nation. One of these people not included in the council, was Nist Achewaddles.  He was a demon born straight from the underworld. Living in the Ticks territories, he considered himself a citizen, and so did the council, who knew of his demonic past. Nist, however, was different. He was, happy, nice, and not like a demon at all! He hadn't killed a single soul, despite being the demon of misery... Until he heard that the lands he had claimed for himself were threatened by the Confederacies' soldiers, he sent himself to the council. He talked with the council in secret, asking for payment to kill the human lord. Some of the members probably were detested by the others movement to kill Gib, yet some corrupt superiors overpowered the vote. In the late winter of 97, Nist was sent to kill Gib. He succeeds in his task, and is brought into the tick with open arms, being declared the new leader of The Tick of Burdens. The war continues however, and the Tick of Burdens is defeated, yet, not entirely... Nist orders the remaining members out to the human realm as undercover refugees, plotting a conspiracy behind the backs of the Confederacies rulers. Making another startling discovery after, is that soon after the first war between the Tick of Burdens and the Confederacies, which only lasted a year, a new leader was brought into power for the confederacies. Storur Esteemsky was a demon, the only one of her kind. She was a great lizard twisted into a humanoid shape, with external ribs and circular slate gray scales. Fooling the people of the confederacies into believing she was Daze, the Mythical god of the sky, she sets out on the warpath. Declaring the Conflict of Grips a year after her rise to power, she sets out to destroy the land that the human’s rightfully deserve, being a sympathizer with them. I took a break, and I asked myself, “Why did these two civilizations hate each other so much?” I went to the historical maps to find out. It turns out, the Tick and the Confederacies were very close together, with the tick settling in the north and the confederacies in the south. Then in year 40, the Tick and the Confederacies borders met, causing tensions between the civilians. The civilizations continued to expand for another two decades, and shared land became very frequent. By year 60, the amount of land shared by the Tick and the Confederacies was quite a large area.Even now, some areas of the Confederacies are “Shared” (Unknown to the confederacies, of course) with the Tick. The first war began in 66 and ended in 67, with the Tick winning the only known battle, the Crazy Sieges. The siege began in the early summer of the year 66 against the dark fortress of Markedfell . Leading the attack was Aran, the glass demon leader of the Confederacies of Gliding. Defending the dark fortress was the leader of the Tick of burdens, the demon Ngurda Painflicker.  More than half of the confederacies soldiers are killed in the fight, which only lasts hours. In the midst of the fighting, Aran is killed by Ngurda. As I looked into Aran’s history, and the first thing I saw was quite startling. He fooled the Confederacies into believing he was the god, Uja. That was quite the little coincidence, wasn’t it? Now I was wondering if that tomb I had seen has had anything to do with the Scraped War, so I searched up that name I had read from the tombstone. Unfortunately, there was no connection to that war, yet I discovered some other interesting things about him. Gicast Adilramac was once a lonely human stoneworker, but he eventually found his place in the human realm of the Confederacies of Gliding. After being promoted to the position of a lord in 286 for the Confederacies, he began to rule from his home in the Roasted Prairies. Later in his old age, he began to worship Uja, the god of death and travelers. Surely being a member of the Confederacies for 3 decades at that point, he would have learned that the god he had worshipped was actually a demon made of crystallized glass shaped like a donkey, which could be killed by any hit by any weapon. Unfortunately not, and he died of old age in the year 357 at the age of 111, chasing impossible dreams of immortality and worshipping a false god whilst leading the people of a completely corrupted nation. Damned good life, eh guys?

I was quickly putting the pieces together of why there were goblins in The Confederacies, but there was one more thing I had to figure out. Why? Why was I killed for slashing at someone who attacked me first, why were my own men not attacking the goblin when they had the chance, and why did they turn on me so quickly without a second thought in their mind? Then it hit me, that this whole story was a major conspiracy.

The Conspiracy:
1.The Tick of Burdens allowed their cities and towns to be destroyed.

The Tick of Burdens hadn’t thought the war could work to their advantage until the last few years of actual conflict. Nist had let the Confederacies take over after he realized he could get many operatives to gain supporters from within the borders of his enemies. These people were sent out to the Confederacies to become “Refugees” as they called themselves whilst speaking towards the human forces who attempted to stop them entering. The goblin operatives eventually created a large, secret underground following of humans wanting to destroy the corruption that had plagued the Confederacies.

2.A Rebellion is in the works.

These humans live in large groups, and tend to stick together through the roughest of times. Making a rebellion wouldn’t be tough. If one important human decided to rebel, than many groups would follow. It would explain why my followers killed me when I attempted to kill a goblin; they were all part of the rebellion.
-------------------------------------------------
And there you have it, the story of the two nations, one without land, yet still wages a war, and one with no war to wage. Perhaps I will return, and perhaps I can free the Confederacies of Gliding from the tyranny of Storur Esteemsky, and return the Tick of Burdens to a time where it could live in its territory freely and without the armies of others looming over, watching. I would redeem Gib and the hundreds of those who died in the Scraped War and the Conflict of Grips.

I would Return Freedom to Ecamo Asada.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:08:41 pm by icer667 »

Talik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fall of Freedom
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 08:41:50 pm »

damnit ignore that last post if anybody saw it
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 08:44:28 pm by Talik »