Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Player driven adventure mode.  (Read 796 times)

RonnyRide

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Player driven adventure mode.
« on: March 20, 2014, 11:48:38 pm »

You blink your eyes repeatedly as you sit up, finding yourself in the midst of a pleasant meadow. Your muscles ache, your ragged tunic is speckled with blood. A few questions come to mind; who and where are you?

Hi guys, I just wanted to see if I could pull off a little player driven adventure. I'm sure anybody watching this post understands what I mean, but if not, I'm just asking for you to give me something to do in adventure mode. The first objective is establishing what race and gender the character is, and what skills do they have, so please post to decide what our character is like.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Player driven adventure mode.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 02:41:10 am »

Ooh, one of these games :D.

We will have to be an Elf, of course. He (or she) should have supernaturally high Strength and Agility. If necessary, dump Toughness.
As far as skills are concerned, a professional Wrestler should be pretty fun. Chuck the remaining points into skills like dodging and shields. We may be thin as a twig, but ain't no-one gonna be hitting our smooth elven skin.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

RonnyRide

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 03:37:23 am »

You sit up, groggily looking around. You sight a small hamlet to the north before you stumble over, hitting your head. Then, it all comes back to you. You are Casus Ancientmolten, famous Elven wrestler. What are you doing in such an odd place? Was there some kind of competition or bet gone wrong? You dust yourself off and stand once more, feeling more capable and head off for the village, seeking answers.

Going good so far. Here are our skills.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 03:40:44 am by RonnyRide »

Arowhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 08:05:40 am »

You were fighting a bronze collosus, and it hit you so hard that you were knocked out and launched out of it's lair.
Another important reason is graphics: Toady is running out of letters.

RonnyRide

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 01:15:26 pm »

The details are blurry, but you think that your circumstance may have had something to do with a drunken bet involving wrestling a beast of titanic proportions, and you likely failed.. Who were the proprietors of the bet, other than yourself? You continue towards the town, and before long, you have entered. What do you do?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 09:05:45 pm »

Let's grab a nearby peasant and shatter his legs.

Ask around for some jobs we can do. Wrestling with a vampire, anyone?
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 02:14:37 am »

I'd say we go downstairs after getting some quests. Looting dungeon can prove to be fatal beneficial to us.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 04:28:34 am »

Dungeons might be a tad dangerous on our own. We'll need some meatshields first.

Arowhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 01:34:42 pm »

EDIT: The inkeeper in the town gave you a masterwork steel sword and armor set found in an old dwarven ruin, and said you can keep it if you kill the collosus. Wanting to keep the armor set, you decide to convince the inkeeper that you were successful somehow, which will be hard without it's head. You know that if you try running with the armor set, the inkeeper will send thugs after you after he realizes the collosus isn't dead. He is involved with a shady criminal gang within the town.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 01:52:09 pm by Arowhun »
Another important reason is graphics: Toady is running out of letters.