Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Doughnut Shop [SG]  (Read 3012 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Doughnut Shop [SG]
« on: March 21, 2014, 12:23:56 pm »

You recently bought a doughnut shop with all the equipment required to make whatever doughnut or coffee you want to make for your customers.  You have a debt you have to pay back, but you think you might be able to pay it back.  What do you do?

Spoiler: Menu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: Doughnut Shop [SG]
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 12:47:21 pm »

Do market research (because we evidently got a loan and started a business without it).

1: How much foot traffic does this street get?
2: How much traffic do other established donut shops get per turn?

We are spending 5k per turn in interest. Which means we need to make at least 5k per turn profit to stay above water. Right now it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. Is it possible to get more loans later?

Action: Buy materials for
2000 plain ($1500)
2000 glazed ($2000)
5000 cappuccino ($2000)

Spend $500 on advertising, things like a sign, a sandwich board out front, and fliers to tack up at the local campus. Also advertise at the campus for employees, need dependable people who have a car or motorcycle, no experience necessary, $10 per hour for 5 hr/day plus tips, get leftover donuts at the end of the day.

Total spent: $6000

Get up long before dawn and start baking!
Create:
100 plain
100 glazed

Put out the Grand Opening sign! Man the coffee maker!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 12:50:06 pm »

50 cent for a cappucino? I pay more for a plain coffee. Raise prices for aq cappucino to 80 cent at least.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 01:00:21 pm »

+1 to both the above

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 01:27:44 pm »

Oh god is this gonna be one of those pizzeria games where a customer comes in and asks for like, a thin-crust pizza with white sauce, extra cheese, sliced olives and ham on one half, chopped olives and canadian bacon on the other half, plus three cans of diet cherry vanilla root beer? Then walks away disgruntled because your kitchen is on fire and six other patrons approached with even more complicated orders in the meantime, and you're in the back strangling two deliverymen at the same time because they brought sixteen cases of fried anchovies and you swore you clicked pickled beets, and suddenly you realize running a real pizzeria is less work than this.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 01:35:27 pm »

Oh god is this gonna be one of those pizzeria games where a customer comes in and asks for like, a thin-crust pizza with white sauce, extra cheese, sliced olives and ham on one half, chopped olives and canadian bacon on the other half, plus three cans of diet cherry vanilla root beer? Then walks away disgruntled because your kitchen is on fire and six other patrons approached with even more complicated orders in the meantime, and you're in the back strangling two deliverymen at the same time because they brought sixteen cases of fried anchovies and you swore you clicked pickled beets, and suddenly you realize running a real pizzeria is less work than this.

I hope it winds up more as Pizza Tycoon, where, after trying your best to honorably earn a living through serving quality pizza, you grimly realize that buying and selling illegal weaponry is a much easier and more fulfilling vocation to devote yourself to.

Do market research (because we evidently got a loan and started a business without it).

1: How much foot traffic does this street get?
2: How much traffic do other established donut shops get per turn?

We are spending 5k per turn in interest. Which means we need to make at least 5k per turn profit to stay above water. Right now it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. Is it possible to get more loans later?

Action: Buy materials for
2000 plain ($1500)
2000 glazed ($2000)
5000 cappuccino ($2000)

Spend $500 on advertising, things like a sign, a sandwich board out front, and fliers to tack up at the local campus. Also advertise at the campus for employees, need dependable people who have a car or motorcycle, no experience necessary, $10 per hour for 5 hr/day plus tips, get leftover donuts at the end of the day.

Total spent: $6000

Get up long before dawn and start baking!
Create:
100 plain
100 glazed

Put out the Grand Opening sign! Man the coffee maker!

But before such character development can occur, we must try this first! +1 to this!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 02:28:26 pm »

The street gets about 500 people going through it regularly (every turn), but at times, like the upcoming street parade in a week (10 turns), the entire street can be nearly filled to the brim with people.  You can't recall any other doughnut shops within a few block or level area, so you don't concern yourself with that right now.  You think about loans and, after making a note that you can get up to a maximum total of $500000 separated into a maximum of ten loans, a minor worry about the interest rate causes you to check, and discover that you had written down the rate wrong.  It wasn't 5% a day, it was 5% a week!  After a little thought, you slightly raise the price of your cappuccino by $.30.  Good thing it was before anyone came in and you sent out advertising, or else a raise so quickly would have caused bad publicity.

You order some supplies for the dough fabricator, and they beam into the supply room a few minutes later.  Before the opening, you begin advertising the grand opening tomorrow, while putting up a few flyers at the nearby college campus, hiring at $10/hour.  Three give their applications.

Spoiler: Matija Salucci (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vanyaviel Augmironel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Thenbabus Cogsteel (click to show/hide)

With your new workers and your advertising, you wind up bringing in 183 customers on your first day.  Their various orders wind up with you earning $800.

Spoiler: Menu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Traits given in the apps are fluff to know about the applicants.

I hope it winds up more as Pizza Tycoon, where, after trying your best to honorably earn a living through serving quality pizza, you grimly realize that buying and selling illegal weaponry is a much easier and more fulfilling vocation to devote yourself to.

That will require $45000 to renovate the shop to do so, and it would be recommended to have contacts first.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 03:12:55 pm »

How much of everything was bought?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 03:27:00 pm »

How much of everything was bought?

Exactly what had been asked for.  I've just subtracted what was used up.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 04:45:33 pm »

Oops. Rather, how much of everything did we sell? What was the most popular that turn?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 04:46:47 pm »

optional: Lace doughnuts with trace amounts of cocain, make sure customers will always come again
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 05:21:59 pm »

Oops. Rather, how much of everything did we sell? What was the most popular that turn?

Here's your statistics:

163 plain doughnuts
238 glazed doughnuts
401 doughnuts

346 cappuccinos

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 07:26:54 pm »

OK this is good. Order another 1000 of each type of donut supplies. It sounds like we don't need to decide how many donuts we produce each day, and wasting the remainder.

I think we should hire Bachelor Applicant #1, Matija We should praise him all the time when he does something well and let him decide what his delivery routes will be.

Also we should hire Thenbabus the Gnome as an in-shop assistant. Treat him gently and don't put the harsh on his mistakes too badly. Hire him to develop new donut recipes and help with the early-morning rush.

This would end up being $100 per day of wages. Hopefully having someone else doing R&D will speed up the process and increase traffic, and having a delivery person would allow selling to a greater customer base than whoever walks past.

Spend $500 advertising to local businesses - mainly in the form of printing of donut-scented fliers - especially trying to get offices big and small to agree to weekday morning deliveries of a box of donuts (13 mixed types).

Start pricing out a ventilation system upgrade that inconspicuously spews donut exhaust from the kitchen directly out onto the street.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2014, 08:02:08 pm »

-snip-
+1 to all these ideas.

It seems like that first applicant is almost too good... We should keep an eye on him.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2014, 08:07:29 pm »

I think we should hire Bachelor Applicant #1, Matija We should praise him all the time when he does something well and let him decide what his delivery routes will be.

Also we should hire Thenbabus the Gnome as an in-shop assistant. Treat him gently and don't put the harsh on his mistakes too badly. Hire him to develop new donut recipes and help with the early-morning rush.

Um, all three were hired.  Yes, I did word it badly, but those three were hired for helping in running the shop.  I was thinking about putting up a dozen applications and letting you choose, but you apparently wanted to have the opening day then, and I put those three there for staff required for the opening day.  I can modify the turn if you want it to delay the opening day so you can have your choice of applications if you wish.
Pages: [1] 2