Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What about a outer space fortress mod?  (Read 2916 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: What about a outer space fortress mod?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 01:48:48 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is possible to remove vanilla REACTIONS from a vanilla workshop via DFHack eventful.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2014, 04:30:48 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is possible to remove vanilla REACTIONS from a vanilla workshop via DFHack eventful.

Yes, like I said:
For example, you can use it to modify the "Add new task" list for a Carpenter's Workshop or a Craftsdwarf's Workshop, but you cannot do the same to a Farmer's Workshop or Loom. The former two workshops generate their job lists dynamically (because they're based on your raws) into a place DFHack can mess with, but the latter two are completely hardcoded.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2014, 10:42:44 am »

Well try modding to make all of the atmosphere a poison(clouds everywhere) and make custom clothes that prevent you from dying in it. Thats as far I think is possible, I have no idea how to simulate oxygen tanks. 

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2014, 10:28:09 pm »

Well try modding to make all of the atmosphere a poison(clouds everywhere) and make custom clothes that prevent you from dying in it. Thats as far I think is possible, I have no idea how to simulate oxygen tanks. 
A kind of shirt called Oxygen Tank? Never mind, that just makes me think of a tank top with O2 written on it...
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2014, 10:40:12 pm »

A kind of shirt called Oxygen Tank? Never mind, that just makes me think of a tank top with O2 written on it...

but you cant make them runout, unless there is a way to make clothing decay really fast. It would be a nightmare to get dwarves to equip them correctly too.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2014, 10:44:03 pm »

but you cant make them runout, unless there is a way to make clothing decay really fast. It would be a nightmare to get dwarves to equip them correctly too.

Just make it an overall called 'survival suit,' and let it wear out naturally in the game. Oxygen management doesn't have to be a serious challenge.

Although, you could make the plant material that makes up the suit disintegrate when exposed to syndromes from the new wildlife you add, or from deposits in stone.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

wooks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 04:27:14 pm »

As for the ship being in empty space, The only way I see the game letting that happen is if you had a DF hack script remove all the tiles on embark and then place your ship's tiles. You'd probably also have to have some sort of timed script (which sounds...interesting...) for the asteroids/meteors that places the tiles. That said, "collision" with the asteroids after initial embark would likely prove too complicated to work effectively. The only way I could even see doing it would be to probe every tile on the map and then place tiles based off of what tile was probed, and that would not work very well. Best results I could see would be on occasion random clumps of rock/metal/junk appearing in random places, and if you're unlucky/haveabigship it happens to appear on/in your ship/spacedwarfs.
In a game like Dwarf Fortress, going to the wiki being cheating is like saying bringing a parachute is cheating for skydiving.
"Has it been 4 days? Better check if my penis is still there again."
Pages: 1 [2]