Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 79

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread  (Read 40760 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread
« on: March 21, 2014, 05:58:22 pm »

~~~~RULES~~~~

1. All kinds of questions, character sheet edits, story discussions and all non-IC stuff are to be posted at OOC Thread

2. Post formatting is mandatory:
"Coloured text for PC speech lines!"
Normal text for descriptions, etc.
Bolded text denotes action!

3. Order of posts:
In battle:
Player(s) -> GM -> Player(s) -> GM ... (until end of Player Phase) -> GM posts for Enemies -> GM posts for Allies -> End of Turn.
Outside battle:
Players -> GM, when needed

4. Unless GM explicitly mentions you/your character, you can't post in this thread.

5. Table of Contents:
nothing here yet!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 06:05:45 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 06:59:00 pm »

~~Prologue: Times of Chaos~~

Contrary to the rumors, Eferian King praised his army which put quite a resistance to the Rivan army. The city of Ture was half-enveloped by enemy forces, and the border outposts, often conquered by Rivans, were taken back in glorious and fast retaliatory strikes. In the meanwhile, the Jewel of Wishing - a powerful artifact of unknown creator - was brought from Ysmir after the leaders of the two kingdoms decided for a plan that apparently came down in a vision into the mind of Ysmirian head of Cult of Eternal Guardian.

Long story short; In the vision, a chaste maiden of royal standing was going to meet a prince of powerful kingdom and with a bond of marriage, bring peace to the world.

The prophets quickly established that the chaste maiden was going to be Eleonore and the prince of powerful kingdom would be honorable Ashath, son of current Rivan Emperor. To facilitate the meeting, Jewel of Wishing was going to transport Eleonore - and an entourage of trusted soldiers - to the place where Ashath is kept - capital of Rivan Empire.

Unfortunately, the very morning when Eleonore was to lead a ceremony to bless the endeavour, a very minor disaster occurs, speeding the things a little bit...

The entire castle shook under the impact of the newest of fiery, magical meteors cast by the approaching Rivan Army. Royal gardens were already ablaze, and the heavy fighting slowly moved from outside the gates to the inside as pathways emerged on the moats and tunnels appeared in the walls. The castle was breached and the King was nowhere to be seen. Ophelia, the youngest of the royal children, was hidden in the pinnacle tower, whilst Arthur, Prince Royal, took a sword and together with the King he went to battle the invaders.

Magic adepts that were scribbling the final runes on the floor of the chamber muttered to each other.

"What was Forest Guard doing? How one miss entire army sneaking through Ancient Forest and Swamps of Uhl?"

"I'm more interested how they passed the monster-ridden woods and the poisonous bog... I heard of some transportation magic, but...

"Is it important? They're already here. Finish these runes already..."

Pacing around the chamber was petite blonde woman in dark blue garb of the Cult. Under two windows, seven other people, plus a wyvern and a horse, stood and watched the young woman worry herself.

"Are you done yet?"

There was silence as the young adepts concentrated on the last lines. The castle shook again; some stone pieces and dust fell from the columns' top and ceiling. Eleonore paced for a bit more, eyeing the mages and the giant circle of chalk markings.

"Done?"

"Yes, Princess!"

Eleonore clapped her hands as the elderly mage, with robe so long and thick it covered everything bar his lips, stepped from the door. He was peeking through the keyhole all the time.

"Remember, Princess. Strike a deal with Ashath and tell him to use the seeing crystal. They use these only for important messages."

"I will do my best."

"I hope you do." The magister spoke without much enthusiasm in his voice. "Else we're dead." He then pulled a pink crystal orb from inside his robes, and held it above his head.

"Gather your entourage inside the circle." Eleonore didn't have to - the entourage waited for the moment and stepped in the circle. Looking at the columns and walls of the chamber she was locked in, as if to remember it in case of bad things happening, Eleonore took a step back. She was in the circle.

"O, Jewel of Wishing! Hear me, Magister Zerapto Inirax, as I call for you! Answer my call, speak to the caller of the wish!" The crystal brightened as some inner light began to glow.

"Kristalo numero dudek ok estas preta. Bonvolu indiki vian peton."

"What did it say?"

"I heard it's voice of mighty Eternal Guardian, speaking in some sort of numerical code... or something." The Magister coughed, silencing the mumbling adepts.

"Great Jewel of Wishing! The wish I'm asking for is nothing to your powerful capabilities, please, listen carefully as I relay the instructions to you."

"Petoj sintakso tradukado fiaskis. Bonvolu ripeti vian peton."

"O, Jewel! Princess Eleonore and her entourage that are standing in the circle, transport them to the Capital of Rivan, in the North, so she can meet the Prince!!"

"Petoj informo estis registrita. Analizi. Prilaborado. Prilaborado. Peti variabloj procesis en spaco kaj tempo koordinatoj. Malfermante la Magica portalo." Suddenly, the runes began to glow pink. Magic sparkles soon turned into arcs of lighting. With crackling and flshing, the entire room turned pink, then the room was replaced with pink void.

Then, the void began to fill in with walls... columns... trees... bushes... broken tiles...

Eleonore and her guards were standing in the middle of some ruins. Overgrown with vegetation and trees, with no human or signs of civilization anywhere nearby.

"Wh-Where are we?..."

In response to Eleonore's question, a pair of birds chirped happily on the nearby tree.

//All players are in!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 07:02:12 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 07:06:42 pm »

All of this magic business was over Jorund's head. As far as he understood, he was told very, very specifically to keep an eye on the little blonde lady in blue robes and make sure no one hurt her. So that's what he was going to do. He placed the head of his massive axe on the ground and leaned on it as he looked around.

"Safe?"

It seemed so. There were some birds on the nearby trees, but other than them and the other people, nothing in sight.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 07:10:35 pm »

Swinging himself onto his horse, Einar notched an arrow on his bow as soon as he was safely up, and bowed slightly to Eleonore.

"Please. Allow me to scout while you stay here with the rest of the group to protect you."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 07:15:39 pm »

Jorund looked at Einar. He pointed at Eleonore, then pointed his thumb at himself.

"Safe."

He lifted his axe and thumped it against the ground to emphasize his point.

"Nice horsie."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 07:18:22 pm »

"Yes, I'm sure she'll be safe with you, which is why I'd like to go scouting. To make sure that there aren't any nasty surprises up ahead.

He was amused at the comment about his horse, but chose not to comment on it.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 07:19:30 pm »

"Not in Riven, I hope." Nerea says in response to Eleonore's question.

"I've heard that the place is full of cute guys."

"Religious icons! Religious icons! Cute religious icons! That's totally what I meant."
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 07:21:30 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 07:21:04 pm »

Suddenly, in midst of the confused conversation, some growling could be heard.

Coming from all directions.

Suddenly, winged creatures armed in spears and stone axes climbed over the ruined walls and squeezed themselves through whichever doorways were still standing.

"G-Gargoyles... but these live only in the mountains and Ancient Forest. What--"

The largest of the gargoyles roared, spitting it's saliva around as the monsters began to carefully approach the group, licking their greyish lips with lengthy, blood-red tongues.

~~Player Turn 1!~~

Enemies' stats!

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 07:29:23 pm »

"So much for scouting...

Einar to 11-14, shoots Gargoyle C, canto to 16-12

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 07:30:48 pm »

"Yes, I'm sure she'll be safe with you, which is why I'd like to go scouting. To make sure that there aren't any nasty surprises up ahead.

Jorund was silent for a few seconds, his lips moving in thought as he worked it out. Eventually he nodded.

"OK."

The giant looked down at the others. He didn't recognize any of them; none of them were soldiers like himself. Then again he didn't recognize the important lady either, so maybe they were all important. Maybe he had to protect all of them. He could do that. His mother always said the Eternal Champion had blessed him with his giant body for a reason. If what he'd thought he heard was true and getting this important lady to her destination would stop the bad people from hurting people like they did his family, then that was the reason.

Suddenly his thoughts were interrupted by growling noises, and he hefted his axe into a fighting position.

"Not safe! Protect Lady!"

The horsieman was running to engage the south group of demon beasties. Jorund figured he'd better help him out!

"rrrrAAAAARRRGGHHHH!"

Jorund moves to 11,15. If Gargoyle C is still alive, he attacks it. If it isn't, he attacks Gargoyle E.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 08:22:53 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 09:14:08 pm »

Cidney didn't like much of this magic business. He didn't like much magic anymore, not really. It had only been a few months since the incident. But it wasn't the same magic as killed Theryl. It wasn't burning death. So maybe it was okay. Didn't really matter whether he liked it or not, though. This was his task now; to protect the priestess. With his life, if necessary. It had been made abundantly clear to Cidney that if he failed, his life was forfeit anyway. But he would, even if that had not been the case. Cid never failed a job, once taken, whether he wanted the job or not. Besides, she didn't seem like a bad person, and it would let him carve up some Rivans.

Speaking of carving...

"Dun' worry mates, this lot o' jumpin' monkeys ain't got nothin' on us. I'll give 'em the flick in three shakes of a jumblejack's tail."

He grinned lopsidedly, tugging on his hat as he loped over to a good place to sneak up on the beasties.

Move to (16.11)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 09:25:25 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 09:32:36 pm »

Halldora frowned intensely at Eleonore's side as she looked around, sword now in hand. Of course, Halldora would follow Eleonore anywhere, but... this was a surprise, and not a pleasant one. It left Halldora somewhat confused about what exactly to do. Eleonore was her best friend, and Halldora would protect Eleonore with her life-- that was one one of the few things Halldora was ever completely sure of. So Halldora began to speak nervously.
:"I- I don't think we're supposed to be here, I think..."
She paused to think.
:"Um, anyway! I'm going to protect you, Eleonore! Just... maybe the south needs more-"
Halldora paused again.
:"But no, the north is undefended, so I... um... I'm gonna go north and protect you from those gargoyles!
Move to 11, 9.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2014, 06:23:02 am »

The arrow shot the gargoyle and sent it gurgling on its back.

The gargoyle chieftain then roared - no, howled. It was loud howl, one that wolf would use to communicate with rest of the pack.

Quote from: Einar vs Gargoyle C
Hit: 102+15-12 = 105, autohit!
Damage: 24-3 = 21dmg

Then Jorund axed the other gargoyle, which tossed it's javelin at him, but the sharp stick didn't even got close to the little giant.

Quote from: Jorund vs Gargoyle E
Hit: 81+15+5-12 = 89
Hit roll: 72, hit!
Damage: 15+1-3 = 13dmg

Gargoyle E counters!
Hit: 87-15-5-14 = 53
Hit roll: 72, miss!

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2014, 08:35:58 am »

Jorund watched the javelin sail to his right and get stuck in a column, where it made a loud twanging sound and wiggled up and down for a few moments.

"Funny noise!"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2014, 10:54:02 am »

:"Great... Just great."

This was supposed to be an easy job. Protect the princess and deliver her to Prince Ashath, go home, celebrate the newfound peace. But that was before Rivan attacked prematurely before the deal could be made and Colt was stuck working with this ragtag sorry excuse for a royal entourage. Now these flying monstrosities had the gall to attack a noble of Efria. Their impudence was insulting.

As creatures of wind and wing, they stood no chance against the power of his Wind magic. This battle would be over in a heartbeat. Striding over, he placed himself between the gargoyles and the princess and took a defensive stance.

Move to 10,9
:"Just stay out of the way Lady Eleonore. We'll have these fiends dispatched soon enough."
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 11:29:38 am by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 79