Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Hidden 1  (Read 1789 times)

Solarflare

• Bay Watcher
  • Solar of Universes!
    • View Profile
The Hidden 1
« on: July 06, 2014, 11:58:59 pm »

Out of every 12 people....2 Could be....The Hidden.....YOU...could be the hidden....AND EVEN I!....can be.....the Hidden.....

at random times, usually after the first 2 days/nights, a random player will get a event, this might effect the game.

There are 12 people in a haunted house 2 of those 12....Is the hidden.....This game works kind of like TWG...but different..... Every Turn there will be a Day and Night, At Night Hidden kills 1 person, and at day the survivors will try to kill of the hidden, however...there are suprises. At times, A random event trigger will be pulled by one of you......There are 3 good events....and 5...bad events. Now  Prepare for your life....and Sign up now......

Classes:
Humans: Don't Do Anything
Medic: Can revive someone.
Hidden: Trying to kill The Humans and the Medic.

oOH! HEHE!

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: The Hidden 1
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 11:07:06 am »

People have difficulty trusting modders they've never really seen before. I know you made another Mafia game post earlier, but what they said will be much the same as what I will tell you now:

Play a game or two first so people are sure you've got the hang of this. Otherwise, you'll never get a game off the ground. You'll find it's the same in any other Mafia forum - I think we're more lenient, even.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 08:05:56 pm »

Heck, even if you DON'T like playing the game, playing through a few times helps makes games balanced and entertaining. If, however, you're not wanting to play a game, you should consider co- or sub-modding a game run by a more experienced moderator. We tend to focus on dumb stuff like reputation around here, so we don't tend to give new moderators that much of a chance. But, I'll be running a BYOR shortly (maybe a month?), if you'd like to consider helping with some of the mod work with that. Sure, it's not nearly as fun as running your own game, but it'll let you understand the responsibilities that come with running a game (There is a certain amount of time commitment.)

Anyhow, take what LNCP and I have said into consideration.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 06:46:41 am »

It's tough: there's zero barrier to entry in creating games on the other subforums, so we look like we're being mean and cliquey, but mafia, to be fun, requires a significant commitment from a lot of active players and a dedicated mod. So we're a bit stricter here than elsewhere in playing things by unknown quantities, but it's to everyone's benefit.

Your Hidden game could end up being very short if The Hidden is lynched on Day 1, and if the medic had unlimited revives then he could just create a mass of confirmed town-players as quick as the hidden could kill them off.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 06:48:49 am by notquitethere »