Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY!  (Read 91065 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY!
« Reply #1230 on: April 15, 2014, 02:24:10 pm »

I would love to see the full list of actions and roles over time, please, if possible.

EDIT: Also, a comment on the revised power list: A changeling with miller, hardcore, dense, mercenary, minimalist, generous, unable to vote (possibly), and one-shot is ridiculously powerful.  It gets tons of points and it stops the target: the target doesn't get Changeling because of One-Shot, the target never gets points to buy powers with (and would lose them anyway), and the target can't even get powers via gifting.  Who needs sap?

One-Shot is pretty much made for Changeling users.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:23:14 pm by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 15, 2014, 07:51:24 pm »

Which begs the question- does getting blocked consume the use of a one-shot power?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: April 15, 2014, 08:33:02 pm »

Isn't that how it works in everything-other-game else?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 15, 2014, 08:36:22 pm »

Not in games I run.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 16, 2014, 01:41:16 am »

Jack- I'll try to put that together today or tomorrow

You raise a good point about one-shot/changeling combo. Will think on this more.

Toaster- I alway err on the generous side, so I'd say that blocked one shots aren't used, but protected one shots would be.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: April 17, 2014, 08:29:52 am »

See, my thinking is that it's more fun for players to be converted and keep playing than be killed. I didn't think the supercult was all that bad as it actually panned out. I'd be interested in hearing more on this. Might keep cult in as it is but with a cheaper kill to incentivise a different strategies.

I'd consider lowering kill to 5 points, but I probably don't want different point costs for alignment (as has been pointed out, regarding Miller).

Sap taking 50% might be more reasonable.
The supercult only lost because of logic and deduction that killed the initial converter. Really, fortune teller won the game for us. Then the scum played the obvious move of converting Cheese, so I went in and roleblocked him. And Jack got us the inspect result we needed to confirm my action as valid. And by that time, TDS had already flipped up Objective and Tawarochir had pretty much revealed himself. So we won the game due to a few powers, really. Roleblock, fortune teller, changeling, and alignment cop.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: April 17, 2014, 08:33:13 am »

The thing you were playing against in this game wasn't really a super-cult because the initial scum choices were so poor.  It wasn't aggressive enough to win fast and it had no useful defenses (the best I could scrounge together was a magnetic bus driver) so it naturally got shot to pieces.

Fortune teller as it existed in this game was also an auto-win for town when combined with infallible alignment cop, now that I think about it.  It was only the fact that we randomly received Hide that gave us any chance of not dying to it at all.  The only scum strategy that would stand at all would be cleanse+day convert, I think.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:36:38 am by Leafsnail »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: April 17, 2014, 08:47:24 am »

Heheh, just thought of the Manchurian Candidate Scum Team: a converter, a redirecter and someone with gift and kill: the killer gives his kill to one of the town, and each night the redirector manipulates the town killer into killing another town player, while the scum converter converts.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 17, 2014, 08:48:58 am »

The fact that people know they're being redirected greatly limits the power of redirect/bus as defensive tools.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 17, 2014, 08:51:34 am »

Heheh, just thought of the Manchurian Candidate Scum Team: a converter, a redirecter and someone with gift and kill: the killer gives his kill to one of the town, and each night the redirector manipulates the town killer into killing another town player, while the scum converter converts.

"Oh, someone redirected me.  Fuck him, I'm buying Immovable."  The killing won't last for long.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 17, 2014, 08:52:24 am »

I mean the trick I pulled night 2 only worked because everyone forgot that bus was A Thing.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: April 18, 2014, 06:59:01 am »

Toaster inspecting himself is still my favorite thing about this game.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: April 18, 2014, 08:08:41 am »

Haaah.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: April 18, 2014, 08:28:39 am »

I mean the trick I pulled night 2 only worked because everyone forgot that bus was A Thing.
I knew it was a thing, but immovable worked differently from what I thought.  I had a suspicion you guys were going to bus to Native, but I didn't want to blatant kill our fortune teller if I was wrong.  I should have gone with my gut.

Also, that was kinda amusing.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: April 18, 2014, 09:12:11 am »

If you remembered then you should have reminded everyone else.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85