Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY!  (Read 90883 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY!
« Reply #1245 on: April 18, 2014, 09:16:19 am »

My favorite moment was watching Leafsnail play ._.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: April 18, 2014, 09:16:47 am »

I mean I spent the whole of day two pretending that recycle was a magic silver bullet against converters, and also that there was no way I could buy convert.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: April 18, 2014, 09:48:38 am »

I mean I spent the whole of day two pretending that recycle was a magic silver bullet against converters, and also that there was no way I could buy convert.
Yeah I knew you could buy it, I did the math.  I was gonna nk you, but then I got told the actual use of immovable.

Also, yeah, I maybe should have reminded some people.  I kept pushing to have a bus used on me to prevent a recycle, but it wasn't important in the end.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: April 18, 2014, 09:50:53 am »

An NK wouldn't have really achieved anything, the convert would have still gone through.

And yeah if you actually did realize all of that then not telling everyone else was a huge error because we had a 50%+ chance of making two more conversions and probably winning the game.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:52:27 am by Leafsnail »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: April 18, 2014, 09:58:04 am »

An NK wouldn't have really achieved anything, the convert would have still gone through.

And yeah if you actually did realize all of that then not telling everyone else was a huge error because we had a 50%+ chance of making two more conversions and probably winning the game.
Actually, the NK would have taken precedence had I actually killed you.  At least according to the OP.

I was just glad that I got it right night three and roleblocked cheese.  Although frankly, I'm not sure who else you could have converted.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: April 18, 2014, 10:11:17 am »

I will tell you one more time: that's not how NAR works.  The order of precedence only matters if there's some kind of paradox (eg a roleblocker is redirected by the person they're trying to block).  "I make a conversion and also get killed in the same night" is not a paradox - both actions just happen at the same time.

I was just glad that I got it right night three and roleblocked cheese.  Although frankly, I'm not sure who else you could have converted.
Nobody.  The idea was that TWS would protect him with bus, although for some reason he decided not to.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: April 18, 2014, 10:13:44 am »

I will tell you one more time: that's not how NAR works.  The order of precedence only matters if there's some kind of paradox (eg a roleblocker is redirected by the person they're trying to block).  "I make a conversion and also get killed in the same night" is not a paradox - both actions just happen at the same time.

Nobody.  The idea was that TWS would protect him with bus, although for some reason he decided not to.
Actually, I read the thing that was posted on how NAR works, and it SPECIFICALLY mentions that instance.  It takes action if an action would prevent another, and being killed sure as hell prevents a conversion, whereas a conversion prevents a kill.

That being said, I suppose you could have converted the claimed killer?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: April 18, 2014, 10:15:13 am »

You didn't have enough points to get convert and you were also blatant, making you a really awful conversion target.  TDS would have been the next choice after mastahcheese, then Jack (I think neither would have enough points to actual buy convert after the inflation though).

The NAR wiki page is a little ambiguous, but what it means is that killing the recruitment target will block the recruitment.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 10:16:51 am by Leafsnail »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: April 18, 2014, 10:16:36 am »

You didn't have enough points to get convert and you were also blatant, making you a really awful conversion target.  TDS would have been the next choice after mastahcheese, then Jack.
I could buy off blatant and had kill, and the town had no suspicion on me.

Thought Jack would have made an awesome conversion target.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: April 18, 2014, 10:23:04 am »

It really doesn't matter how little suspicion was on you - in this gametype the scum are fish in a barrel that is being constantly fired at by infallible alignment cops.  Only conversions can break out of this lock, kills just accelerate your demise by giving the town more information.

Looking back on it Jack would also have been a bad conversion due to the fact that he had Blatant.  Also I don't think he actually had enough points to buy a post-inflation convert.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: April 18, 2014, 10:25:19 am »

It really doesn't matter how little suspicion was on you - in this gametype the scum are fish in a barrel that is being constantly fired at by infallible alignment cops.  Only conversions can break out of this lock, kills just accelerate your demise by giving the town more information.

Looking back on it Jack would also have been a bad conversion due to the fact that he had Blatant.  Also I don't think he actually had enough points to buy a post-inflation convert.
Nobody did, but having the scum team have one player above suspicion is a really useful thing.  That's how we won in GBU, along with a random triple-town-kill.  Nobody suspected me to the point that they were about to lynch me for being the final town.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: April 18, 2014, 10:25:46 am »

Yeah, I thought there was a pretty big possibility that Cheese wouldn't be blocked and I would be, and I was worried about my magnetic bus.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: April 18, 2014, 10:28:13 am »

Nobody did, but having the scum team have one player above suspicion is a really useful thing.  That's how we won in GBU, along with a random triple-town-kill.  Nobody suspected me to the point that they were about to lynch me for being the final town.
The two problems with this
1) You wouldn't be above suspicion because I would have died and flipped converter
2) Even if you were 100% above suspicion you would still be found through PoE and lynched within a few days

I didn't play in GBU but I don't think every player in that had the capacity to make infallible inspections every night.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: April 18, 2014, 10:32:25 am »

Something that would have been really cool is if Objective changelinged me night two, but he didn't take any action for some reason.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: April 18, 2014, 10:46:03 am »

I was actually arguing for getting Jack A T as scum.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85