Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gun Francisco - mutant mayhem in post-apocalyptic USA  (Read 4683 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Gun Francisco - mutant mayhem in post-apocalyptic USA
« on: March 22, 2014, 06:47:38 pm »

The war in the post-apocalyptic wasteland has reached its peak. In the bid for their supremacy, the warring sides send their forces to the largest remaining cache of technology and weaponry left in the ruins of North America...
San Francisco.

Do you have the guts to face the dangers of the wasteland to lay your irradiated, mutated hands on the loot of The City by the Bay?

It was a normal day in the [X1]. A relatively normal day, that is - an avian skyship crashing down from the sky in the distance, a band of human bandits riding through the rough wastes on their motorcycles and faint sounds of explosions far away.
Your group didn't pay much attention to them, though. You are almost ready to journey out to the Mecca of Guns - San Francisco. The city that has recently reached an almost-mythical status, with countless tales of unseen pieces of pre-war technology and really big guns still existing there. You just cannot miss out on such an opportunity.

Most people think that putting frogs, humans and birds in one place would only leave only one of them alive. But to you, the differences between you don't matter. You've known each other for a very long time now, and the only thing that really matters now is getting to San Francisco.

However, you aren't going to get there on foot. The wastelands are a dangerous place, and most of the mutants you will see are inevitably going to try to attack at least one of you.

After wandering for a long time on the side of the road, you notice [X2] in the distance. A perfect target to aid you in your odyssey, provided you can fight it back from its current owners.

But before you jump the gun, you have a few questions to answer.

[X1]
  • North - northern wastelands are cold, frozen completely and blizzards are commonplace. Birds make up a bigger portion of this region than other mutants.
  • South - the south is a single giant, hot desert, full of giant worms and occasional sandstorms. Frogs are more common than other sentient mutants here.

[X2]
  • A bird skyship - a fully-functional, autonomous flying fortress, capable of staying in the sky for a very long period of time, safe from the dangers of below.
  • A frog mobile fortress - those enormous, tracked metal monstrosities can move through almost any terrain, gunning down everything standing in their path. They're also really slow and so are susceptible to bandit raids and other attacks.
  • A human convoy - a group of various, armed and armored vehicles, convoys can move relatively quickly through the wastelands, and the existance of multiple vehicles allows the convoy members to split up in case of an attack.

Most importantly though, who are you and what weapons do you have (pick one primary, one melee and one explosive weapon)?

Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weapons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Gun Francisco - mutant mayhem in post-apocalyptic USA
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 06:50:00 pm »

North
Frog Fortress

Human
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 06:51:24 pm »

North
Frog Fortress

Human

And your weapons?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 06:53:17 pm »

Ah sorry, wast sue if we were supposed to have any yet.
Shovel and a Sniper Rifle
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 06:58:49 pm »

Ah sorry, wast sue if we were supposed to have any yet.
Shovel and a Sniper Rifle

You also forgot about the explosive one. :P
(though I guess explosives are double-edged swords here so...)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 07:01:53 pm »

Ah, the mines then

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 07:12:24 pm »

This is a TSG right? If so +1 to everything he said.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 07:12:47 pm »

Is this a SG or a game with multiple players?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 07:58:40 pm »

The war in the post-apocalyptic wasteland has reached its peak. In the bid for their supremacy, the warring sides send their forces to the largest remaining cache of technology and weaponry left in the ruins of North America...
San Francisco.
Interesting choice.

[X1]
  • North - northern wastelands are cold, frozen completely and blizzards are commonplace. Birds make up a bigger portion of this region than other mutants.
  • South - the south is a single giant, hot desert, full of giant worms and occasional sandstorms. Frogs are more common than other sentient mutants here.
...Pretty strong border. Or is this "North/South of the nation in general"?
North

[X2]
  • A bird skyship - a fully-functional, autonomous flying fortress, capable of staying in the sky for a very long period of time, safe from the dangers of below.
  • A frog mobile fortress - those enormous, tracked metal monstrosities can move through almost any terrain, gunning down everything standing in their path. They're also really slow and so are susceptible to bandit raids and other attacks.
  • A human convoy - a group of various, armed and armored vehicles, convoys can move relatively quickly through the wastelands, and the existance of multiple vehicles allows the convoy members to split up in case of an attack.
Are those three the only species, or are there other muties?
Bird Skyship

Most importantly though, who are you and what weapons do you have (pick one primary, one melee and one explosive weapon)?
Hm.
Assuming no other races...Byrd, Sniper Rifle, Knife, Anti-Personnel Mine
Should we have a name or something, too? If so, what kinds of names are common among the mutant races?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 08:44:34 pm »

South, A Human Convoy

Bird, Sniper Rifle, Spear, Cherry Bombs
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2014, 11:56:53 pm »

North, Human, Human Convoy

Sniper Rifle, Knife, Anti Personnel Mine

I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 06:17:07 am »

Is this a SG or a game with multiple players?

The original plan was a multiplayer game, but then I realized my GM skills drop down per every player in the game, so I decided that this'll be a singleplayer game. Sorry!

San Francisco.
Interesting choice.

[X1]
...Pretty strong border. Or is this "North/South of the nation in general"?
North/South of the nation in general.
North

[X2]
Are those three the only species, or are there other muties?
There are others, but those are kinda like the humans/dwarves/elves (you still got your "kobolds" and "goblins" out there, as well as some others)
Bird Skyship

Hm.
Assuming no other races...Byrd, Sniper Rifle, Knife, Anti-Personnel Mine
Should we have a name or something, too? If so, what kinds of names are common among the mutant races?
Of course I knew I forgot about something...Yes, you get to pick your name, and naming conventions haven't changed much since nowadays (keep in mind this takes place somewhere in 2020s, but nobody keeps track of the time anymore that way)

(responses in bolded green)

The choices so far:
North - 4
South - 1

Human convoy - 2
Bird skyship - 1
Frog fortress - 2

Tiebreaker, go!

Human - 3
Bird - 2
Frog - 1

Sniper Rifle - 5
Dual SMGs - 0
Shotgun - 0

Oh, wow...

Knife - 2
Spear - 1
Shovel - 2

Tiebreaker #2, go!

Anti-Personnel Mine - 4
Cherry Bombs - 1
Grenade - 0

To be honest I kind of expected that the rifle and mines would be a popular pick...(Therefore I had to think of some preemptive balance even at this conceptual stage.)

Choose your name, the target (convoy/fortress) and the melee weapon (knife/shovel).

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 06:22:35 am »

Larry
convoy
shovel
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 06:23:13 am »

Grgle
Convoy
Shovel

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 06:59:15 am »

..... Why did that not occur to it seems everyone that a name might be necessary? Either way I say we should be Adam.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,
Pages: [1] 2