Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Wildstar- NCSoft MMORPG  (Read 4168 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Wildstar- NCSoft MMORPG
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2013, 03:30:11 pm »

I am also interested in a key.  Wonder if it will run on this laptop though, should.
Depends on the laptop, of course, but you can get functionality (if not very impressive functionality) from a pretty crappy rig. Think m'lappie is actually below the minimum specs and can get it to run. Not very well (s'kinda' shitty looking at the level I have to run to get it to go, and it's sub-30 FPS doing it, but...), but it runs well enough.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2013, 05:23:39 am »

If there are still beta keys lying around, I wouldn't mind one :D

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2013, 07:31:06 am »

I would like one too if possible.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2013, 01:51:43 am »

Key claimed.

So I got into the last stress test (and the servers were indeed stressed).

Now they're running another one and invited me back using my existing key... but don't appear to be aware they've invited me back because they've also sent me an email inviting me to join as a new tester with a new key.

So, first person to PM me* gets the surplus key.

Disclaimer: it's only for the stress test happening this week, not wider beta access.  Test takes place at 1am GMT Friday and 7pm GMT Saturday.  Also if it's anything like last time, it involved an hour or two of just disconnecting over and over at character creation, then a couple hours of lagging too much to have any real fun.

I'm off to work shortly, so unless someone grabs it in the next 20 minutes or so (not sure it's quite that omg-must-have) it'll be several hours before I respond or update this post once someone PMs me.

*standard bay12 no-escaped-lunatics-or-joined-date-before-17/12/13 rule applies.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 02:08:27 am by Biowraith »

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2014, 12:51:13 pm »

So since the NDA is lifted, how is it? Who has been in the weekly betas? I'll be jumping in this weekend. I like some of the premise and ideas, and am willing to give it a shot.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2014, 12:56:55 pm »

Personally I didn't find it terribly enthralling.  I really like the aesthetic of it all, but the actual gameplay seemed fairly by-the-numbers, nothing particularly special - it seemed like I could get a fairly similar experience playing e.g. Guild Wars 2, and I already have that.  I'd probably play it a bit as a f2p, but not gonna be buying it.  Also I should probably still have a grudge against NCSoft.

On the other hand I have a friend who thinks it's awesome and pre-ordered as soon as it was an option, so personal taste and all that.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2014, 01:02:06 pm »

I'm curious as to how it can be similar to GW2 mechanically when it was supposed to be a completely unique system with the manual aiming and movement? Although I did sense there is an option for people to still tab targets and spam attacks without moving much.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2014, 01:08:37 pm »

There were mechanical differences certainly, but overall it still felt pretty similar to me.  I didn't put a lot of thought or reasoning into the comparison, it's just how it felt playing it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]