Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Looking for a certain type of game  (Read 6564 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a certain type of game
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2014, 08:36:44 pm »

To be fair, I wouldn't characterise it as 'average Christian parenting'. I'm a Christian, and I certainly wouldn't have a problem with my child shooting a few zombies or playing Diablo or whatever (that is, Diablo I or II. If they start playing III, they'd be kicked out of the house). Mass Effect I haven't played, but if the sex scenes are half as hilariously awful as the ones in Dragon Age, my kid would be welcome to suffer through that if they wanted to.

Ah.  I hope I didn't insult you... I shouldn't have made that assumption.

Do you like 4x games?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

blazing glory

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2014, 08:45:18 pm »

4x games?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2014, 08:46:33 pm »

Games like Civilization--ones where you "eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate," playing as an empire.  I think there are a lot of sci-fi games like that.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

blazing glory

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2014, 08:50:34 pm »

Nah,I found Civilization 5 to be annoyingly tedious,played galactic civilizatons 2 and the 2 expansions,and sins of a solar empire,not really RPG's are they? maybe I can con myself into playing sins of a solar empire once more...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2014, 08:53:20 pm »

They aren't RPGs, but since there's not much in the way of sci-fi RPGs, I thought perhaps suggesting something close would be a good idea.  I thought Alpha Centauri was great, for example.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2014, 08:57:29 pm »

AC has the added benefit of being one of the more RPG-like 4x's out there I feel. What I mean to say is that that game had tons of character.

But I doubt it's going to fly since:
Quote from: blazing glory
The problem is that every frigging sci-fi RPG is probably 16+ or made 8 years ago

Alpha Centauri tells 8-year old games to get off its lawn.

blazing glory

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2014, 08:59:49 pm »

Ah hell I'm just pissing everyone off with my constant whining
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]