Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are Judges, really?

Manifestations of Law Magic that was created by Lezaford many years ago.
- 3 (18.8%)
Powerful, well-trained, and well-equipped officials appointed the task of keeping law and peace.
- 4 (25%)
A combination of the above two.
- 7 (43.8%)
Some other thing (say in the thread).
- 2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Final Fantasy Tactics B12: Judgment Days (OOC Thread)  (Read 15878 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy Tactics B12: Judgment Days (OOC Thread)
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2014, 06:02:23 pm »

Aw yeah, that is exactly what I wanted.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2014, 06:04:13 pm »

It's fine. I just can't give her a Unique Job until it's done. There's no rush.

So I could start as an assassin then? I assumed that we were going to start at the bottom and work our way up.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2014, 06:08:00 pm »

You do start at the bottom, and you cannot start as an Assassin. However, there's no rush because I still need to work on the other Unique Jobs, give them stat growths and more concrete sets of abilities and whatnot. That is, be diligent if you can, but we're still waiting on me, not you.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2014, 06:14:09 pm »

You do start at the bottom, and you cannot start as an Assassin. However, there's no rush because I still need to work on the other Unique Jobs, give them stat growths and more concrete sets of abilities and whatnot. That is, be diligent if you can, but we're still waiting on me, not you.

By bottom I meant that I thought that I had to start off as a White Mage and Archer and all that junk to gain abilities to become an Assassin, like it is in the games.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2014, 06:26:32 pm »

Yeah, something like that, at least. Additional jobs and whatnot, and some prereqs have been rearranged(and Assassin probably won't be so difficult to get to), but also, you should know, actually, ALL of you should know, Ultima abilities do exist, but they only come from your Unique Job. You can't get Ultima Masher from being an Assassin, or Ultima Shot from being a Hunter. However, Delita could eventually get Ultima Strike as a Dark Knight, just as Shaka could get Ultima Charge(as in explosive charge, if you were wondering).

As well, Ultima abilities aren't just high damage effects like in FFTA(2). They differ in effect, cost, and power(though they're all rather powerful) based on your job. Ultima Strike uses up all of Delita's HP, and deals stupid amounts of damage to any foe he's adjacent to. Ultima Charge deals damage in an area at a distance. Ash's Ultima Machina lets her pilot a very powerful war-mech around for a few turns. And so on.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2014, 06:42:20 pm »

What do I get as a spell thief? I somewhat hope for some form of pickpocketing as that's always funny. Especially if I can make people's equipment go away.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2014, 06:50:36 pm »

So if I understand it right, I can pretty much ignore judges and law shenanigans?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2014, 06:59:38 pm »

Fuck yeah! Dark Knight! Can I change my name to Gafgarion?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2014, 07:02:13 pm »

You risk becoming a recurring villain with that name, you know.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2014, 07:09:28 pm »

What do I get as a spell thief? I somewhat hope for some form of pickpocketing as that's always funny. Especially if I can make people's equipment go away.
Movement spells, invisibility spells, thievery spells/abilities, some high-damage-conditional-use(aka assassination) spells/abilities, a few debuffs, and your Ultima is Ultima Heist, which steals someone's stuff, drains their HP and MP(giving it to you instead), removes their buffs and gives them to you instead, and has a conditional-use clause in addition to an MP cost.

Yes, I suppose. Doesn't truly matter what your name is, but I'd appreciate if you kept to your bio; he said he'd go to any means for justice, so I did Dark Knight(it also fit his attributes).
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2014, 07:11:28 pm »

Cool. I wanna steal someone's pants now.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2014, 07:18:20 pm »

What's my ultima move then, out of curiousity?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2014, 07:19:41 pm »

A class that shield and enhance allies even in the thick of combat? Sound good, aside from the name, which doesn't mesh with the character I'm going for. Can it be called Sentinel instead?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2014, 07:24:02 pm »

I'd like to ask the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2014, 07:35:58 pm »

A class that shield and enhance allies even in the thick of combat? Sound good, aside from the name, which doesn't mesh with the character I'm going for. Can it be called Sentinel instead?
Well, what kinda character were you going for? You never said what your character's mother did, but you said she followed in her footsteps, so I went off what I had.

Valkyries get Ultima Rage, a powerful melee attack that hits everyone around you, inflicts a debuff on them, pushes them back, and gives you several buffs, as well as purging you of debuffs, save the one downside is that you automatically become Berserk.

I'd like to ask the same.
Outlaws get Ultima Crasher, which has you doing one of two things; against an ajudged clan, you basically beat the shit out of their judge(which deals damage to all enemies, by the way) and intimidate your own into waiving all laws while keeping the benefits for a time, and against a group(whether it be monsters or true outlaws) without a judge, you still intimidate your own Judge, but you intimidate him into coming down to the battlefield and fighting with you for a short time, while still dealing some damage to all enemies initially. Judges have their own ability set(fittingly called Judgement), and one you will end up being fairly familiar with, even before you get Ultima Crasher or anything like it. >:D
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12