Poll

Name change?

Name change
- 10 (76.9%)
No name change
- 3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Roll to be Released from Cryostasis  (Read 6696 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be Released from Cryostasis
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2014, 10:08:38 pm »

I think we already made the SHODAN allusion. The computer has assured us she is legit, though. Nothing could possibly go wrong now, right?
The GM already confirmed that this is inspired by Space Station 13, so unless it's malfunctioning nothing will go badly, and if it was indeed malfunctioning, it would already have siphoned the room to brutally murder us. Apropos, do note that in SS13 (in some servers, others use Asimov's laws) A.I.'s have slightly different set of laws from the ones we've learned from Isaac Asimov:
Spoiler: The Corporate Lawset (click to show/hide)
Of course, this might only be inspired by SS13 and I might be horribly wrong leading us to our doom. Either way, sounds Fun.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2014, 10:13:01 pm »

I think we already made the SHODAN allusion.
No I don't think anyone has..

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2014, 08:29:51 pm »

We asked if Titania was an insane computer that would ultimately kill us. This was after the Red Dwarf allusion, there on pages one and two.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2014, 02:32:51 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2014, 07:00:26 pm »

We asked if Titania was an insane computer that would ultimately kill us.
Crazy AI is far too common in science-fiction for that to be an allusion to SHODAN's character. Calling each humans insects or fleshbags and wondering if the computer has a superiority complex would be a SHODAN allusion.

You move like an insect. You think like an insect. You ARE an insect.

Take care not to fall too far out of my favor... patience is not characteristic of a goddess.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2014, 02:46:35 am »

Check the medic lounge for emergency kits and portable lights. Acquire six month old magazine.

Medical Lounge

You proceed towards the medic lounge. Disappointingly, there seem to be nothing related to medical here save for the health safety posters. However, you see an emergency locker which contains a fire extinguisher, an oxygen mask, a heavy oxygen tank, and a flashlight.

A table in the centre of the room has piles of magazines on it, and a bowl of Mars. Leafing through the pile of Playboy and WetUnathi magazines you find a copy of the Tau Ceti Times.
You also find Galactic Geographic, but it seems less useful. Hey, at least it's not a sexy alien magazine.

Ask TITANIA to open any locked doors, if possible.

> JANICE MORDECAI: Hey, Titania, can you open any locked doors, if possible?
> TITANIA: I would answer yes, but from your location and where you have been earlier I can guess that you meant opening the doors in the Medical Wing, which I can't.
> TITANIA: Something seem to have locked me out of interfering with its controls.

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2014, 03:17:12 am »

Read the Playboy magazines. Wonder why Playboy's are in a medical waiting lounge.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2014, 03:54:28 am »

[...] Unathi [...] Tau Ceti [...]
Yup, definitely the Space Station 13-verse.

Check the date on the newspaper. It's probably old, but it'll give some pointers. Probably not the canon date as the newspaper should be named Tau Ceti Daily

Grab the emergency equipment. The fire extingusher is excellent for bashing shmucks' heads in, making the floor slippery and propulsion in space or on wheeled chairs. Oh, and extinguishing fires.

Find a medical records computer and search for own file. If the computer denies access, ask TITANIA to unlock it. Specifically, look for own name and blood type.

Check the medical monitoring computer for locations and injuries of people. Turn on own suit sensors if they're not already, so TITANIA can keep track of self.

Ask TITANIA for status on any robots and/or cyborgs on board. TITANIA said it killed the crew, not mentioning any of these.

Hey, any thoughts on me turning this into a pure suggestion game?
Isn't this already one? Players vote on the actions of a single character the success of which is then determined by rolls?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2014, 08:08:24 pm »

[...] Unathi [...] Tau Ceti [...]
Yup, definitely the Space Station 13-verse.

Check the date on the newspaper. It's probably old, but it'll give some pointers. Probably not the canon date as the newspaper should be named Tau Ceti Daily

Grab the emergency equipment. The fire extingusher is excellent for bashing shmucks' heads in, making the floor slippery and propulsion in space or on wheeled chairs. Oh, and extinguishing fires.

Find a medical records computer and search for own file. If the computer denies access, ask TITANIA to unlock it. Specifically, look for own name and blood type.

Check the medical monitoring computer for locations and injuries of people. Turn on own suit sensors if they're not already, so TITANIA can keep track of self.

Ask TITANIA for status on any robots and/or cyborgs on board. TITANIA said it killed the crew, not mentioning any of these.

Hey, any thoughts on me turning this into a pure suggestion game?
Isn't this already one? Players vote on the actions of a single character the success of which is then determined by rolls?
+1 to all

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2014, 10:55:37 pm »

((By the way, I believe I know why we have amnesia, but I think I'll leave it a surprise for when Objective pulls a Shyamalan.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2014, 11:07:10 pm »

nurrrrr reveal your secrets master

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2014, 11:29:15 am »

Read the Playboy magazines. Wonder why Playboy's are in a medical waiting lounge.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2014, 11:32:14 am »

-1 your -1

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2014, 05:17:06 pm »

((By the way, I believe I know why we have amnesia, but I think I'll leave it a surprise for when Objective pulls a Shyamalan.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2014, 06:30:27 pm »

I guess I haven't been paying enough attention because it isn't.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6