Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Fortress Destruction Club!  (Read 1716 times)

TomIrony

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood, Stone and Ash
    • View Profile
The Fortress Destruction Club!
« on: March 25, 2014, 09:38:02 am »

The Inquisition has had spies in your fortress for quite some time now, and they've come to the conclusion that your fortress is a threat to the traditional values of the mountainhomes. There is but one recourse left: the total annihilation of your fortress.

Through political machinations, they've managed to change the leadership of your fortress with one of their own agents. They have exactly one in-game year to cripple the fortress.

The rules:

Victims:
  • Upload your well-established fortress here, preferably at the start of a new year.
  • Provide a brief (3 paragraph max) history and account of the fortress, including screenshots of any interesting landmarks/constructions.
  • Send me a PM that your fortress is ready for the Inquisition and I will add it to the list.
Inquisition:
  • PM me with your chosen target from the existing fortresses. Fortresses can be destroyed more than once, as long as the method is different each time.
  • Download the fortress and check the in-game date. You have until that time next year to cripple1 the fortress.
  • Post a report of the event in this thread with pictures and descriptions. I will link it in the list.
Members of the Inquisition are subtle, so please avoid overt destruction methods such as:
  • Digging to the river and just flooding the place.
  • Breaching the circus.
  • Ordering troops to kill everyone one-by-one.
  • Letting the enemy destroy the fortress. We don't want these dwarves to go down heroically!
However, nothing is stopping you from using exisiting systems in the fortress to achieve the similar results.

Remember: you have one year. Be patient and a few well-placed strikes might be all you need.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The List Of Morally Corrupt Fortresses
Quote from: KodKod
Quote from: enizer
"unit list other: 248, all kobolds"
"Hunt them for sport.

The Least Dangerous Game."

TomIrony

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood, Stone and Ash
    • View Profile
Re: The Fortress Destruction Club!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 09:48:54 am »

I just realized this would be better in the Community Fortress section of the board, so I re-posted it over there. Feel free to ignore this thread!
Quote from: KodKod
Quote from: enizer
"unit list other: 248, all kobolds"
"Hunt them for sport.

The Least Dangerous Game."