Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: Mayday's tileset compilation - in the hands of community heroes  (Read 223645 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Mayday's tileset compilation - preliminary 40.05 - USE TRUETYPE!
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2014, 05:29:16 pm »

I don't suppose we could get a 40.21 version? >_>

No raw changes, so the 40.19 graphics are compatible with 40.20 and 40.21 without issue.

I am very new to Dwarf Fortress and am trying to get just a few mods (or whatever they are officially called) to help get the game at least a little easier to learn. These graphics are at the top of the list, and I have tried everything i could find on the internet and this forum. And yet it still wont work, is anyone else experiencing issues? And if so, please help!  :D  I did everything that this site and the one where you downloaded it said to do. But for reasons i cannot figure out, it still doesn't work...

Have you tried the Starter Pack?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2014, 02:08:57 pm »

I'm a noob at this, but I have an issue. I'm running TrueType, but I'm getting this ugly grayish brown background on the menu in game. How can I make it BLACK? Screenshot below.
Use the no-higlight version tileset.
Thank ye, sir! ^^

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2014, 08:42:55 pm »

I don't suppose we could get a 40.21 version? >_>

No raw changes, so the 40.19 graphics are compatible with 40.20 and 40.21 without issue.

I am very new to Dwarf Fortress and am trying to get just a few mods (or whatever they are officially called) to help get the game at least a little easier to learn. These graphics are at the top of the list, and I have tried everything i could find on the internet and this forum. And yet it still wont work, is anyone else experiencing issues? And if so, please help!  :D  I did everything that this site and the one where you downloaded it said to do. But for reasons i cannot figure out, it still doesn't work...

Have you tried the Starter Pack?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076

I have not, I looked at the pack. But I would like to keep the game as mod free as possible. Basically, just Dwarf Therapist, This graphics set, and workflow. (also having trouble with!  :'(  ) 
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Zwaryczuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2015, 12:15:40 am »

Does anyone know if the Mayday 40.05 graphics pack will work on 40.24?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2015, 12:25:12 am »

Donations here.

Zwaryczuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2015, 01:34:32 am »

I'm not at my pc right now. Let me get this straight. This compilation has the updated graphics? Are they easily extracted from the pack in case I want to avoid all of the mods included?  Thanks.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2015, 02:21:16 am »

Yep, the Mayday repo is just the graphics.  Download as zip, extract, and drop over DF to install.
 Donations here.

Zwaryczuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2015, 08:53:57 am »

Yep, the Mayday repo is just the graphics.  Download as zip, extract, and drop over DF to install.

So I've tried this. It works for the most part. My miner dwarf though seems to be using the example dwarf instead of the Mayday miner graphic. Thoughts?

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2015, 12:20:18 pm »

So I've tried this. It works for the most part. My miner dwarf though seems to be using the example dwarf instead of the Mayday miner graphic. Thoughts?

You need to take out the instructions to use the example miner inside the graphics_example.txt file.

Alternatively, you could just delete graphics_example.txt.
DFMA Profile | burnedfx Graphic Set

The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination. - H. P. Lovecraft
The Delvers
. . .the middle ground between light and shadow . . . - Rod Serling
The Delvers' Podcast

Zwaryczuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2015, 03:34:44 pm »

You need to take out the instructions to use the example miner inside the graphics_example.txt file.

Alternatively, you could just delete graphics_example.txt.
Thanks burned. I was thinking it had something to do with the example.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2015, 12:42:21 pm »

Heyo!

In the Starter Pack, the Cheesemakers (and I think maybe a couple other farmers?) show up as brown skeletons with Mayday graphics.

I feel like this is unintentional (like maybe starter pack is using outdated Mayday graphics?), but I wanted to check first.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2015, 01:26:26 pm »

I feel like this is unintentional (like maybe starter pack is using outdated Mayday graphics?), but I wanted to check first.
Just checked, and as far as I can see it's configured correctly. No clue why it shows up as a skeleton for you. :(
Code: [Select]
[CHEESE_MAKER:DORFS:3:24:AS_IS:DEFAULT]Can you upload a save somewhere for investigation?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2015, 02:53:46 pm »

Sure thing.  It's persisted through multiple iterations of Starter Pack, and I only recently thought to bring it up.

OH, dang, sorry, after double-checking I realize I made a mistake.  It's not cheesemakers, it's actually a couple different ones.  Gelders and Pressers, to be exact.  I guess I just remembered that it was some obscure farming skill. *shrug*

You can see a couple pressers and gelders here, as well as a couple who have both gelding AND pressing as their jobs and default to "farmer".

Gelding is pretty new, so I guess a sprite never got drawn?  Not sure about pressing, though.

Do you still want a save?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2015, 03:04:58 pm »

OH, dang, sorry, after double-checking I realize I made a mistake.  It's not cheesemakers, it's actually a couple different ones.  Gelders and Pressers, to be exact.  I guess I just remembered that it was some obscure farming skill. *shrug*
You can see a couple pressers and gelders here, as well as a couple who have both gelding AND pressing as their jobs and default to "farmer".

Gelding is pretty new, so I guess a sprite never got drawn?  Not sure about pressing, though.

Do you still want a save?
Yes please for the save, I'll look at it. What you say sounds about right, the new professions never got a sprite and a config, so they default to ... for some reason ... to the skeleton sprite? Toady did change some professions, I guess that could be it.
If this happens in Mayday then I other sets are should be affected. hmm

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2015, 03:47:05 pm »

Here you go.

Does the Starter Pack use the most recent version of Mayday?  Idk if that could be the issue, if he's already done the new professions.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19