Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Mayday's tileset compilation - in the hands of community heroes  (Read 223500 times)

Dibuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mayday's tileset compilation - sorry...
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 07:40:51 am »

Can't wait!

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 02:28:20 pm »

So now that the new version is up, I must say I'm kinda overwhelmed with possibilies, given what Mifki's plugin allows... This is gonna take some time indeed.
<3

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 03:13:23 pm »

I tend to use Pheobus's tileset atm, however before his I was using yours. You do have a great tileset and it will be nice to see it working again. I wonder who will win with updating their tile sets first lol :P
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 03:15:58 pm »

I wonder who will win with updating their tile sets first lol :P

I... actually don't :D Leaving on vacation pretty soon, DF will have to wait while I visit Scandinavia and hunt for trolls :)
<3

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 11:58:52 pm »

I wonder who will win with updating their tile sets first lol :P

I... actually don't :D Leaving on vacation pretty soon, DF will have to wait while I visit Scandinavia and hunt for trolls :)
NOOOOOOOOO, YOU'VE KILLED MEEEEE

Hahaha, just kidding bro--have a sick time in Scandinavia!

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2014, 07:27:52 am »

Ok, a preliminary (very basic) release will be ready today, because apparently a lot of the magic will need to be updated and worked out by the respective amazing coders.

I'm looking for feedback on what should be incorporated in the pack (I realize some of these things don't work or cause conflicts right now):

-Rendermax: lighting and occlusion
-Mifki's Text Will Be Text icluding:
  • separate icons for objects
  • the ability to display large map tiles with small interface tiles
-Meph's objects for TWBT

Tree icons are apparently no longer needed, so there's that. I assume there are thousands of new creatures... again?
What else is there? Please tell me what you need and I'll probably won't do it but at least I'll know I should.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 07:37:00 am by Mike Mayday »
<3

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 08:51:27 am »

Tree icons are apparently no longer needed, so there's that. I assume there are thousands of new creatures... again?
What else is there? Please tell me what you need and I'll probably won't do it but at least I'll know I should.
No new animals, but
Spoiler: HFS (click to show/hide)
Trees are still used in the various maps (world map, quick travel in adventure mode), but I figure with TWBT, we eventually will have separate tilesets for maps and game.
As for other changes:
Quote from: CLA
There are leaves (tile#249, #059-semicolon, and #172-¼), branches/trunks ("wall" and "river" tiles as well as the animaltrap/low mountain symbol #127 and capital 'O' #79). They can all be changed in d_init.txt
#15 or #42 (can't remember) is used for a few more things (armies moving on the quick travel map in adventure mode, and stuff like chestnuts and seed pods on trees), and #5 is used as flower symbol.
#176-178 are also used for falling/fallen leaves and vision cones, and #219-223, #254 and #000 or #255 are used for composite footprint images.
Some more tiles are used for footprints in sneaking mode: from what I remember: [ and %
! is used to indicate a sound source
Otherwise, I think nothing changed in terms of tiles.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2014, 08:51:55 am »

Ok, a preliminary (very basic) release will be ready today, because apparently a lot of the magic will need to be updated and worked out by the respective amazing coders.
Cool! Also PTW.

Mifki is also working on non-square text along with square graphics, (nextgen branch) so if you make a twbt release (god yes!) please keep in mind that the text-only tileset should be rectangle. According to my tests 10x16 is about ideal, 12x16 tileset works reasonably ok and looks best, and 8x16 leaves too much whitespace.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
Re: Mayday's tileset compilation - getting ready for DF2014
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2014, 09:22:20 am »

What a time to be alive...

CLA: thanks!
Looks like I'll need to handle those. I'll play around in adventure mode a bit first, though.

Anyway, the new version is up for grabs. It should WORK (although use /* to go up and down, <> to scroll up and down), though I'll be adding LOTS of new functionality as soon as the coders are done (unless they're done while I'm away). This is just something to let you play.
If there are any HORRIBLE mistakes, please let me know anyway.
<3

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2014, 01:37:26 pm »

Awesome, thanks for having a basic one up so quick. :D

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2014, 02:16:43 pm »

Wow, that was a lot faster than expected, thanks!

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2014, 01:19:34 am »

awesome. I learned to play DF on your tile set waaay back, and as a result its got the most recognizable collection of sprites for me. makes the game much more tolerable and easier to play. phoebus and all the other tilesetters do a good job but your set will always be the first I go to. cheers!
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

PK1312

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2014, 02:11:55 am »

Please integrate Text Will Be Text! I absolutely love this tileset, it's the only one that does it for me, and Text Will be Text will make it even better (and save me a lot of headache trying to configure it myself.)

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2014, 06:30:59 am »

I originally started playing on phoebus, but after I switched to yours I liked it much better. It's the best. :)
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2014, 10:39:41 am »

Is it possible to update this to v40_02 by just transferring the graphics files and raws over? I don't think there are any changes to the raws.

Edit: Actually, no wait, I think there might be some.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19