Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: Mayday's tileset compilation - in the hands of community heroes  (Read 223607 times)

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mayday's tileset compilation - in the hands of community heroes
« Reply #195 on: March 06, 2016, 04:25:22 am »

Updated to latest Dorfs

As always, let me know if I broke something horribly

sorry, I deleted the save since I started another fort with a different tileset

Anyway I used this version.

I hope you will fix the problem though, I really appreciate this tileset and I really need it

Btw, another question: I've noticed that dorfs look pretty different in this new version, is there a way to have classic maygreen dorfs?
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 07, 2016, 08:41:35 am »

I've been doing some testing and I think I've managed to rule out the tileset itself as the problem being experienced

From reading and testing I think the problem is connected to stockpile links and/or burrows

If you've got stockpile links to your stills, make sure they have links to both a source of brewable fruits/plants as well as barrels, as a linked workshop will only take from its linke

If your still is in a burrow, make sure that any stockpiles linked to the workshop share the same burrow

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 07, 2016, 01:38:14 pm »

sorry but the problem was that in the kitchen menù, the plump helmet plant didn't have the brew option but a line of ----

I didn't use links, burrows, or else...

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 07, 2016, 03:16:02 pm »

sorry but the problem was that in the kitchen menù, the plump helmet plant didn't have the brew option but a line of ----

I didn't use links, burrows, or else...

Then I'm well and truly stumped 'cause I can't reproduce this issue in testing, they're working just fine for me

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 07, 2016, 06:07:46 pm »

don't know what to say... I'll retry this tileset in my next fortress

Tallcastle

• Bay Watcher
  • Every nightmare you've ever had.
    • View Profile
    • Tallcastle's Graphics Repository - Bay 12 Forum
« Reply #200 on: March 28, 2016, 11:32:38 am »

Sorry for the long wait, due to an unexpected change in residence resulting in an equally unexpected change in employment. I have only had intermittent computer access over the last few months.  Just got settled into my new arrangements and I'll be returning to my previous release schedule in the next few days. 

Also I have been in contact with someone over at This Thread ... Quiet-Sun i think (Though I hope he contacts and corrects me if I'm wrong about that) I've volunteered to help him out with his project, and at his suggestion I've started to fabricate 6 new images for each of the animal people I've done so far, including Drunk, Cook, Adventurer, Thief, Administrator, and Sheriff

Well, for the time being enjoy a few i've made in the interim ... just for fun
Guess who?  :)

Skilled Pixel Artist(Link)
Prone to flights of fancy.
Dreams of crafting a Masterwork Pixel Art Some Day

Tallcastle

• Bay Watcher
  • Every nightmare you've ever had.
    • View Profile
    • Tallcastle's Graphics Repository - Bay 12 Forum
« Reply #201 on: April 07, 2016, 04:59:25 am »

Here is the first 4 of the new set.  Each include some of the new images requested by "Quiet-Sun", and following that request, if anyone would be willing to order these images so it is usable with the project HERE it would be appreciated.
(the only reason I'm not making them in this arrangement is that these things are a good deal easier to make in the condensed format I have them in now.)
The requested layout for them can be found.
HERE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The New order of the images is as follows ...

and now....
Creature_Anphibians.png

Creature_Annelids.png

Creature_Birds.png

Creature_Large_Riverlake.png

The next release is not far off, about half way into "Creature_Birds_New.png"
once done with "Loons" and "Barn Owls" if i NEVER see a bird man again it will be to soon.

after that we can get into some of the cooler stuff ... (lions and tigers and bears, o my!)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 06:30:17 am by Tallcastle »

Skilled Pixel Artist(Link)
Prone to flights of fancy.
Dreams of crafting a Masterwork Pixel Art Some Day

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 13, 2016, 01:43:33 am »

Updated to latest Dorfs

I haven't had a whole lot of time for major raw changes lately, but I'll hopefully be able to get to integrating those really soon

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 17, 2016, 11:31:22 pm »

Updated to latest Dorfs
Contains pre-installed and pack only versions...

I do appreciate the community effort to keep this tileset updated. Really. However:

Q1: Why have a single download for both "pre-installed" and "pack only" versions? For those who just need the "pack only", this makes it much larger than it needs to be. Split up, they'd be about 12 MB and 2 MB, respectively. (I have very slow internet and my storage drive is nearly full... :()

Q2: Why is the "pack only" version nearly 8 MB (2 MB compressed)? I see a lot of game files in that folder which are unrelated to the graphics set. My idea of a "pack only" version contains just the [graphics] folder inside the [raws]. (Or would that leave out something vital...?) When I zip only that up, it comes to about 1 MB.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 11:35:52 pm by Thundercraft »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #204 on: May 17, 2016, 11:36:37 pm »

(Or would that leave out something vital...?)
yes. you need the objects because tile-related numbers in them changed.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 21, 2016, 03:05:27 pm »

Just a small update to make the raws and such compatible with version 0.43.xx of Dwarf Fortress. Hope this helps.

Download link - Mayday graphics pack

Edit: Just did some more testing for compatibility. This version of this graphics pack is compatible with the following versions of Dwarf Fortress:
  • v0.43.05
  • v0.43.04
  • v0.43.03
  • v0.43.02
  • v0.43.01
  • v0.42.06
  • v0.42.05
This version of Mayday is safe to use with the above listed versions of Dwarf Fortress. It is not guaranteed to be safe to use with versions 0.40.24 and under due to differences in raw files.

Edit: There were some changes to giant creature name in the v0.42.05 update, so while I don't think it will break your game, you won't have graphics for those creatures when running this with a version under v0.42.05.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 06:07:36 am by jecowa »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 23, 2016, 05:00:07 am »

Just wanted to let everyone following this thread know that the above link still works with version 0.43.03 of Dwarf Fortress. In fact, all graphics packs that are compatible with version 0.43.02 should be compatible with 0.43.03 since the only change was to "reaction_adv_carpenter.txt", which doesn't look like it's of use to any graphics pack.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 23, 2016, 11:28:23 pm »

Just a small update to make the raws and such compatible with version 0.43.xx of Dwarf Fortress. Hope this helps.

Download link - Mayday graphics pack

For some reason the posted link doesn't seem to be working for me however I did manage to get to the page by copy+pasting the url that you used when I was quoting this to say that the link wasn't working.

Hm.

Well, I got there in the end. Thanks!

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 24, 2016, 12:34:45 am »

For some reason the posted link doesn't seem to be working for me however I did manage to get to the page by copy+pasting the url that you used when I was quoting this to say that the link wasn't working.

An extra http:// got inserted (due to the use of quotes). The URL reads:
Code: [Select]
url=http://"http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12056"When it should read:
Code: [Select]
url=http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12056
Fixed Download link - Mayday graphics pack

Edit: The same thing happened to me, accidentally. Apparently, the {URL} BBCode (at least for this forum) can not handle quotes "" around the address. That breaks it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 12:42:43 am by Thundercraft »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 24, 2016, 12:55:04 am »

Hm.

Well, I got there in the end. Thanks!

Thanks for the notice. I'm used to having to put quotation marks around URLs in links, but it looks like that causes it to mess up.

Edit: The same thing happened to me, accidentally. Apparently, the {URL} BBCode (at least for this forum) can not handle quotes "" around the address. That breaks it.

Yeah, It's confusing. They take perfectly good HTML tags and modify just a little to make it confusing. I think the BBCode people should know that many people are going to be used to putting quotation marks around URLs and have the software programed to ignore them. I don't think URLs can even contain quotation marks.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 01:00:46 am by jecowa »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19