Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: Mayday's tileset compilation - in the hands of community heroes  (Read 222720 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Mayday's tileset compilation - in the hands of community heroes
« Reply #270 on: March 03, 2020, 07:55:12 am »

First one seems like a 4way section of either walls or tracks. Second one is the check-mark, which is used in a few menus and for the worldmap. That's why it looks like a ✓ or √ but also like a plant.

Tile numbers would help figuring out exactly what they are.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 03, 2020, 08:03:29 am »

It's not being used as a checkmark now, but that could be done to clear up another spot.

The grass/checkmark is 139 (ê). The wall thing is 245 (⌡).

Maybe it was an alternate 4-way wall, or maybe a column.  Oh, it's the pillar tile. I was confused about its tile number before and was searching for 241 instead of 245.

Edit: Oh, the checkmark also needs to be the weapon rack. Right now it's just using an "Ascii" √ for it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 08:21:42 am by jecowa »

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #272 on: March 03, 2020, 08:40:13 am »

That's a BOTH a column and 4-way wall (as that's how it's displayed in DF...)
The grass icon is generally for grasses. WHichever you deem worthy assigning to.
<3

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 03, 2020, 09:20:38 am »

The the plants I suggested (Cave wheat, Longland grass, and Blade weed) are all crops.

All grasses have a list of tiles that they randomly pull from. At the moment, most all grasses are using punctuation like the comma and apostrophe. I think this is good because it makes the gatherable plants stand out more. These grasses all have another character mixed in that makes it look like there's something there to be gathered:

The club (♣) character is a tree, so maybe these are the grass tiles its intended to be used with.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]