Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moonsheep's stonesense sprites  (Read 1728 times)

MoonSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Moonsheep's stonesense sprites
« on: March 26, 2014, 11:03:19 pm »

Hi, I'm working on some sprites for stonesense and wanted a place where I could get some feedback. Ill post all of the sprites I've finished below. Also can someone tell me how I can make sprites without editing the original sprite sheet?

I'll be updating this thread I hope fairly regularly, also if there are any items or creatures who dont have sprites, I'll give a go at them if you let me know.

Logs
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cheese (I felt like the original sprite didn't look big enough so I just added a piece of cheese behind the original)

Barrel
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 11:20:31 pm by MoonSheep »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Moonsheep's stonesense sprites
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 09:21:06 am »

Those actually look really good.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Moonsheep's stonesense sprites
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 09:07:20 pm »

Those are some pretty good looking sprites.

If you want to make a new set, without touching the old ones, you just have to make an xml file that identifies the sprites on the new sheet. Easiest way to do that would be to take the original stonesense/items/items.xml, open it with a good text editor (I highly reccomend Notepad++) and use that as a base to get started and to get a feel for how the thing it set up.

There's also a sprite guide.txt in there somewhere, or at least there should be. If there isn't, I can link it. It basically explains how to get all the fancy sprite layering effects.