Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40

Author Topic: [ISG] Ghoulish  (Read 78784 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[ISG] Ghoulish
« on: March 27, 2014, 05:37:59 pm »

Ghoulish

Chapter I
Page I,Page II,Page III,Page IV,Page V,Page VI,Page VII,Page VIII,Page IX,Page X,
Page XI,Page XII,Page XIII,Page XIV,Page XV,Page XVI,Page XVII,Page XVIII,Page XIX,Page XX,
Page XXI,Page XXII,Page XXIII,Page XXIV,Page XXV,Page XXVI,Page XXVII,Page XXVIII,Page XXIX,Page XXX,
Page XXXI,Page XXXII,Page XXXIII,Page XXXIV,Page XXXV,Page XXXVI,Page XXXVII,Page XXXVIII,Page XXXIX,Page XXXX,
Page XLI,Page XLII,Page XLIII,Page XLIV,Page XLV,Page XLVI,Page XLVII,Page XLVIII,Page IXL,Page L,
Page LI,Page LII,Page LIII,Page LIV,

The Plains of Grating, Fifth Age
The Age of Death, Year 625

It should have been the last step into eternity, you having achieved immortality long before the last age came to pass. For this last ritual, you had laboured centuries, created untold numbers of servants, designed and placed innumerable wards, had your mindless minions retrieve countless artifacts of power and even built a whole subterrean complex to house all of it. You constructed your future bodies by the hundreds, each a masterful expression of your dark art, any of them worthy to bear the honour of being your temporary vessel. Eternity should have been yours!

Enchanting your soul into the phylactery – crafted out of materials never seen before – was a success, but a short lived one. Somewhere, something went wrong. Badly at that, and the one who had put fright into the whole of the continent now struggles to maintain his memories, as he is – as if sealed – bound into a baser creature than he ever was.

As your memories drain away, you try to cling unto the imporant ones; Most important is the knowledge about yourself and the phylactery – you are still bound to it, just as much as you seem to be bound to this new body of yours. Either of them failing would be the end of you! Besides that, there will not be much that you will be able to retain, and even then only the basics will stay with you. Seeing your life-work of arcane knowledge wither away with each moment, it saddens you that it will be impossible to maintain more but the most mundane of two schools.

School of Necromancy
Branches: Mysticism, Occultism
The School of Necromancy allows for creation of the undead, and enslavement of souls.

School of Ritualism

Branches: Occultism, Enchanting
The School of Ritualism allows for strengthening of spells – be it to make them permanent, or give them devastating effects.

School of Transmutation

Branches: Enchanting, Alteration
The School of Transmutation allows to change the laws of the world by arcane means.

School of Warding
Branches: Alteration, Sorcery
The School of Warding allows for weaving of protection against arcane and mundane means.

School of Evocation

Branches: Sorcery, Kabalism
The School of Evocation allows for calling on dead souls and beings of higher planes.

School of Divination
Branches: Kabalism, Mysticism
The School of Divination allows for ascertaining truths, retrieving knowledge of the past, and seldom glimpses into what might become.

Which 2 Schools do you choose to retain?
The dark art of necromancy, and its six schools - their branches tie them together in a circle. Should you choose two schools that share a branch, spells of the later will obviously be stronger. On the other hand, doing so might limit your diversity, as these schools are obviously related...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 07:00:12 am by escaped lurker »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[ISG] Ghoulish
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 05:39:08 pm »

Necropedium
Explaining "The Dark Arts" to aspiring necromancers, those that wish to fight or understand the machinations of undeath, and similiar plebs.

Spoiler: Creatures (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Treatises (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 03:36:47 pm by escaped lurker »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Ghoulish
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 05:40:34 pm »

Necromancy, Transmutation.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 05:45:48 pm »

Transmutation and Ritualism. Both useful schools, and that doubles us up on enchanting.

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 06:20:15 pm »

evocation and warding

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 06:28:46 pm »

Warding Ritualism (Super force fields) or Transmutation and Ritualism (Mega enchantment)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 06:35:31 pm »

Transmutation and Divination. Yay godhood!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 06:37:56 pm »

Can't help but think Necromancy and Evocation would be the best(overwheming numbers!) but I'll plus one...
this
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 07:23:30 pm »

Can't help but think Necromancy and Evocation would be the best(overwheming numbers!) but I'll plus one...
this
this
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 04:28:02 am »

Transmutation and Necromancy won by majority - and also overall votes.

The Plains of Grating, Fifth Age
The Age of Death, Year 625

Anguish washes over you, as each passing moment brings the loss of untold memories, knowledge and - subsequently – power. Pondering the issue, you choose to retain knowledge about Necromancy and Transmutation, but even the profound reason behind that is discarded for more important matters. While adapting to your senses, you also feel out the new prison of your soul.

It is a distant echo, but you are sure that this body bears your handwork in some way. You hung onto the memory for a few moments, and were sure – at some point in the middle of your career, you made this body into what it is now. It was an experiment of some kind, and of those you tried untold numbers.

Common Ghouls

Strong enough to overpower most mortal men, with matching speed. Their ability to regenerate might not give an edge in combat, but made for very sustainable troops.

Raw Fighters
Strengthened bones and muscles, outfited with wicked claws. An adversary to be reckoned with, albeit rather on the slower side. For a ghoul, that is.

Sabotage Types
Wiry and fast, able to jump high and scale rough terrain easily. That you actually still used subtlety, shows how old this thing is.

Magical Conductors
High mana-reserves and regeneration thereof. Actually used to gather and drain mana from, it is not very durable, or built for close combat.

Metabolic Devourers
Able to sustain high damage, and easily healing from it too. An experiment on durability, one that worked out rather well - it still being around proof enough.

Arcane Terrors

A body built to disperse mana, enabling it to shrug of mundane spells. Capable fighters that you sent against mages, with much success.

Necropedium

Ghouls
Type: Simple Fleshgolem
One of the somewhat advanced necromantic creatures, the common ghoul at its height is a dangerous opponent to face in melee combat. Noteworthy is that it retains the ability to feed. While the magic used in its creation will keep it undead even when starved, it will be much slower and weaker than if fed. While not above feeding on common creatures, intelligent and magical beings are much preferred.

What Type of Ghoul were you forced into?
You feel out your new vessel, somewhat anxious even, by the suspense of just what it holds. Thou given your experiments, none of them should be all that bad. Well, except maybe one specific type of them...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 04:34:00 pm by escaped lurker »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 04:34:28 am »

15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 05:00:37 am »

Arcane Terrors. Yay antimages!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 05:36:28 am »

I'd personally prefer the sabotage ghoul. We'll have magic anyways, and a wizard can't toast us with a dagger in his spine, eh?
I'm a sucker for sneaky-types. Besides, guessing from the surroundings, hiding might be preferable if something was chilling around, doing things to your rituals.
Wait, quick question, if we do something based on minor stuff we technically forgot (that we had a ritual go wrong) will it still be done. Unless, of course, this is stuff you remember in which case i just padded the heck out of my post for no reason.
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 05:43:05 am »

10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 05:52:40 am »

Metabolic Devourer for I like stone walls and we can sit around making more zombies while enemies fail to kill the keystone of our army(us).
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40