Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40

Author Topic: [ISG] Ghoulish  (Read 78951 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Ghoulish
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2014, 08:25:59 am »

Eat our own rotting flesh

" I'm not even going to question where that idea came from. Rejected."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2014, 09:58:36 am »

Exit the town and look for edibles elsewhere.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2014, 04:12:34 pm »

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2014, 08:22:19 am »

The Plains of Grating, Fifth Age
The Age of Death, Year 625

Day 1, Early Afternoon

Deciding to leave the ruined city, the question emerges where to strike out. Going up some stairs lands you on top of the ramparts, and gives you a good idea of the surrounding area. Your original plan was to walk around the walls, getting a good view while doing so – but that is quickly thwarted.

Over the course of this undertaking you find out that the wall has been breached no less than six times. Someone was very thorough indeed. Luckily you do not have to scale any walls to get a good point of view, as the occasional stairway has been left untouched by the ravages of war and time.

The north bears a mountain-range in the far distance, and even the occasional greenery seems to thrive there. You wager that the hills might hold food for you, and what once was a path to there seems to follow the river.

Eastwards goes what once should have been a major trade-route – the great doorway where it met the city also ruined in the cities last struggle. You have no idea whereto it would lead you, but following it would be easy, the road not yet fully reclaimed by nature.

To the south flows the river that parts the city, and while it might be fed by rains in the mountains, it is little more than a muddy beck right now. You had a drink either way, and even feel better afterwards.

Most unpromising is the view that you get to behold from the western walls. Dry grass galore. You start to wonder how this metropolis even came to be, given the barren surroundings. There are no passages built into this direction, and if there ever was a path it is past recognition.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Spells (click to show/hide)

" ... really could use a horse by now. In multiple ways, even!"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2014, 08:38:40 am »

Head towards dem mountains.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2014, 08:50:08 am »

Mountains seem fair.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2014, 02:56:33 pm »

Mountains.

I'm reminded a bit of the Fertile Crescent. One of the most prosperous areas on the planet in its time, then salinization and such made the area barren and things collapsed. Or the Anasazi, or the Maya, or the Rapa Nui natives, or the Greenland Norse, or...well, there's a lot of examples.

P.S. Apparently, "salinization" is not a word but "lionization" is.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2014, 06:21:20 pm »

The Plains of Grating, Fifth Age
The Age of Death, Year 625

Day 1, Afternoon

After a small internal conversation, you quickly choose the mountains as your next goal. Leaving the city through the remains of the smaller rear-gate, the walk is on. Or should be, but you finally have the success of finding something. Despite calling it before, you are amply surprised to find pretty much the most useful thing you could have ever found. A horse(20!)– or to be fair, its remains – lies on the overgrown road. The fates are fickle, and thus you decide this to be an exceedingly good find, despite it not having any meat left.

Over the next hour or so, you gather all the bones which are a bit scattered about, but none of the important ones seem to be missing. The bones are also rather undamaged, except the broken front-leg and seemingly chopped-off head. Either way, you decide to reanimate it, and start to draw a circle.

It slowly dawns on you that this spell could actually fail rather easily, and even if completed would sap most of your current reserves. With a horse being multiple times the size of your average human, it obviously also needs stronger and a bit more complicated magic to be raised. You are somewhere between ashamed and embarrassed that
this level of necromancy actually poses a problem for you, but sadly that doesn't change reality.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Spells (click to show/hide)

" These bones do not look older than five years, top. Together with the campfire, this stretch really isn't as dead as I thought it would be.. "

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2014, 06:53:07 pm »

reanimated it, but keep the skull and wear it if possible
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2014, 06:59:52 pm »

+1 to the suggestion of wearing the skull.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2014, 07:27:39 pm »

Wear the skull only if the spell fails. No point further complicating the attempt.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2014, 07:31:48 pm »

Wear the skull only if the spell fails. No point further complicating the attempt.
+1

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2014, 07:43:22 pm »

+1
As much as I want to be a Headless-Horse Man ("kinda, but not enough to risk spell failure)...+1
Sig
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40