Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40

Author Topic: [ISG] Ghoulish  (Read 78676 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Ghoulish
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2014, 08:58:46 pm »

The Plains of Grating, Fifth Age
The Age of Death, Year 625

Day 1, Afternoon

Betting almost all of your mana on it, you prepare to cast the spell... and do so!

-150 MP

It all works out in the beginning, but you make a slight mess at the end. While not a complete failure, it will have some dire repercussions, as mana leaks from it at a slow, but rather steady pace. It seems the horse will need a hefty upkeep to function, but for the moment you are glad to have it. You are even tempted to name it, and while the small mess-up is annoying, having not blown the ritual is a reassuring feeling.

Skeletal Horse gained.

You have strengthend your necromantic knowledge.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Spells (click to show/hide)

" A Skull-Helmet would be exceedingly necro. I like it. Sadly I would have needed to rewrite the spell, because even the undead need some kind of sensory organ, as magically powered as it may be."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2014, 09:46:51 pm »

PTW. Reminds me of that sorcerer thing that I never finished.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2014, 03:02:05 am »

P.S. Apparently, "salinization" is not a word but "lionization" is.
(That's because it's salinisation.)

Have we considered trying the dry grass for edibility?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2014, 03:52:54 am »

Name the horse "Horse". When we have an army of thousands, trying to remember whether Andy is a skeleton or a demon will be hard to remember.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2014, 05:44:57 am »

Name the horse "Horse". When we have an army of thousands, trying to remember whether Andy is a skeleton or a demon will be hard to remember.
+1
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2014, 05:45:51 am »

Wear the skull only if the spell fails. No point further complicating the attempt.
+1
As much as I want to be a Headless-Horse Man ("kinda, but not enough to risk spell failure)...+1
Ahh, old sanity. +1

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2014, 06:54:09 am »

Wear the skull only if the spell fails. No point further complicating the attempt.
+1
As much as I want to be a Headless-Horse Man ("kinda, but not enough to risk spell failure)...+1
Ahh, old sanity. +1
We already made the skele-horse. Scroll up.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2014, 07:13:57 am »

It happens to the best of us. And me, too.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2014, 10:00:48 am »

I wonder how the upkeep and permanency coasts have changed.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2014, 10:14:09 am »

The Plains of Grating, Fifth Age
The Age of Death, Year 625

Day 1, Late Nightfall

While lacking a saddle or rains of some kind forces you to go a fair deal slower than what would be possible, the horse is a great improvement for your travelling. The arid landscape passes by with a very refreshing speed, and you wonder just how long it would have taken you to travel by foot.

After two hours on horseback, the mountains are still only looming on the horizon, but you stop the horse either way. There are some traces of mana in the air, and a quick search shows it to be from an Idol of some kind. Not thinking much of it, you grab it for closer inspection...

-20 HP

Yeah.. that could have gone better. Like, way better. Who leaves indiscriminately attacking magic items just laying by the roadside? What gives?

A closer study – this time without further disabling your hand – shows it to be some deity, and you presume that the magic actually only may work on the undead. A great deal of worshipped gods nowadays have something to do against them, with only the agrarian gods boasting a greater following.

The enchantment is still active, and would burn you again if touched. While you doubt the wisdom of keeping some kind of personal anathema around, you suppose packing it in mud from the nearby river would allow you to keep it. You ponder the decision, before fretfully moving on.

With your bones still throbbing, you are again reminded of your rather starved state of being. You are even tempted to try some dry grass, but the moment you swallow some it just feels... wrong. Somehow.

Pressing further, the day slowly but surely turns to night. A good time to be undead, as your senses sharpen a bit, while those of many mortal races are dulled by a fair if not substantial amount. It is also by this time that you happen upon a deer, most probably having gone to the river for quenching its thirst. It bolts away as you approach, and while you are unsure if the horse will be able to give chase, you can't deny that you are quite hungry...

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Followers (click to show/hide)

" .... "

" ... I hate gods..."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2014, 11:09:59 am »

((How do we regain mana?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2014, 11:11:33 am »

Bury the idol so none may use it against us.

I'd say smash it, but that's asking for trouble.
Sig

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2014, 11:34:00 am »

To be honest, we're not sure if we can keep up with it, nor that we can even take it down. On the other hand, seeing how we don't get tired, we might as well try.
If it ends up going bad, just abort. We can probably get some type of meat around seeing that a deer lives here.
If we see a sentient mortal, stop the horse and get to work attacking him. If possible from above or behind.
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2014, 11:51:36 am »

((How do we regain mana?))

I opted for "daily regeneration" with this one - counting hours and giving out fractional mana would just be tedious. Should a situation arise that demands it, it will be done. Else we will get mana back at specific hour-marks.

While I don't particulary like retro-active choices, they will be in if it means the story can advance. No sense in waiting for half a day or so for a simple "Yes" / "No" decision.

I actually won't reveal the finer machinations behind everything, mainly because it just takes away from the flair.

Else, questions, thoughts or comments are quite welcome.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40