Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40

Author Topic: [ISG] Ghoulish  (Read 78936 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Ghoulish
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2014, 10:39:48 am »

The Plains of Grating, Fifth Age
The Age of Death, Year 625

Day 2, Early Morning

Setting a plan into motion, you remove yourself from the immediate vicinity – and most importantly, point of view – of the camp. As soon as that is done, you get nearby into the blind spot behind the tent. Calling on the horse, you carefully let it trot nearby, and it is on.

You sprint towards the tent, intent on knocking it over, simultaneously the horse got the command to trample the human by the fire. The sound of hooves stomping the ground reaches the camp only moments before you reach the tent.

The posts holding up the strongly weathered leather are easy to see even from the outside, and as easy knocked over – you are even rewarded with a delightfully surprised scream. The other mortal is dumbstruck between the appearance of you and the horse, the later triggering a vain attempt at fleeing in him. Your animation meets him with a satisfying snap, the hooves mauling his right shoulder and some ribs in the attack.

Changing targets, you run up to him, but he somehow gets up before you can reach him. If it is panic, or the realization that fleeing would be futile, he clumsily draws a dagger with his left hand. The fight is short and mostly one-sided, ended by a claw to his throat. You only retain some slashes along your arms, with the ensuing bleeding not really serious.
-11 HP

On the other hand, your horse does not do its second task justice and by the time you are able to divert your attention back to the tent, the man has come free – and is holding a two-hander. At least it seems that this was the only thing hiding in the tent. While he is already in a bit of a sorry state, the sword could spell real trouble.

He keeps both horse and you in his eyes as good as is possible. This could get tricky...

Currently:
173/200 HP
31/157 MP

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Followers (click to show/hide)

"That... went reasonably well. Now for the last one! "

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2014, 10:44:06 am »

Perform somatic movements and chants to bluff casting a spell. Signal for the horse to attack him once you have his full attention.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2014, 11:05:14 am »

Perform somatic movements and chants to bluff casting a spell. Signal for the horse to attack him once you have his full attention.
+1
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2014, 11:13:00 am »

+1
+1.

Ahh, misdirection, the best tactic ever.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2014, 11:26:26 am »

I told you we should have tried to tackle the humies one at a time.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2014, 11:40:23 am »

Its okay, this fight should end well. You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs they say. I +1 the suggestion of Weirdsound.

Also weirdsound, do you have a thing for sound and such, as your name and suggestion suggest my thesis?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2014, 11:47:15 am »

Its okay, this fight should end well. You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs they say.
No reason to avoid breaking more eggs than we need to.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2014, 11:50:02 am »

True that

On a different note, I hope you don't feel offended since its the second time I replied to your posts in an argumentive manner. I feel that you are usually a nice player with good suggestions (good as in agreable or agreeing with me  :D). I wonder though, didn't you mention before that you do not like dark grim themed games? Just wondering on a personal level where you draw the line.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2014, 11:54:40 am »

On a different note, I hope you don't feel offended since its the second time I replied to your posts in an argumentive manner.
I find this extremely amusing.

I wonder though, didn't you mention before that you do not like dark grim themed games? Just wondering on a personal level where you draw the line.
I don't remember saying that.
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2014, 12:29:54 pm »

I told you we should have tried to tackle the humies one at a time.
I think that we had bad luck mostly. A failed stealth check could have made the now dead guy scream, alerting the other guy and having to face two attacks at the same time.

Anyway, I'm just hypothesizing.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2014, 12:32:53 pm »

On the other hand, this plan was guaranteed to alert both humans, and I don't see a tent impeding the second too much without extreme luck on our part.
Sig

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2014, 01:18:33 pm »

Its okay, this fight should end well. You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs they say. I +1 the suggestion of Weirdsound.

Also weirdsound, do you have a thing for sound and such, as your name and suggestion suggest my thesis?

Sort of. I threw words together until I got a handle that worked without tacking numbers on the end, but the name does fit; I dabble in the trombone and also writing song lyrics from time to time.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2014, 01:37:30 pm »

The Plains of Grating, Fifth Age
The Age of Death, Year 625

Day 2, Early Morning

You decide to bluff, assume a somehow familiar feeling stance, and start to chant some stuff with the occasional magical reference in it. Some of these things could even work, or that is the feeling that you get. Not the human thou, he is more focused on the horse than ever, only sparing you the occasional bewildered glance. Even wearing a triumphant grin does nothing on the presumably dense fellow.

True enough, ghouls are actually not known to be casters. Not that you would still know, at least. Still, necromancers seldom keep anything around that they can't control or enslave, safe the odd natural undead that allies itself to them for their own purposes.

Meanwhile the mortal - his concentration almost fully on the horse by now – grows daring enough to lunge and swing his sword at it. The surprising part is that he actually was able to hit it. Luckily it is only missing a few ribs though.

Currently:
173/200 HP
31/157 MP

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Followers (click to show/hide)

" This.... this is humiliating! Just ignoring one of the once most powerful necromancers of the continent for a simple horse..."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2014, 01:39:46 pm »

Tackle and disarm the guy from behind. There aren't many things we can do now, actually.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2014, 01:53:46 pm »

+1
Make it a carnivoric fest of hunger.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40