Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 40

Author Topic: [ISG] Ghoulish  (Read 77861 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Ghoulish
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2014, 12:17:36 pm »

+Bury the Idol
+Have the horse attempt to chase down the deer
+Eat the deer if you catch it
+Then get on the horse, and ride as you can before you have to pay upkeep. Ideally we want to get up into the mountains and see what may be on the other side.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2014, 12:28:04 pm »

To be honest, we're not sure if we can keep up with it, nor that we can even take it down. On the other hand, seeing how we don't get tired, we might as well try.
If it ends up going bad, just abort. We can probably get some type of meat around seeing that a deer lives here.
If we see a sentient mortal, stop the horse and get to work attacking him. If possible from above or behind.
+1

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2014, 12:39:31 pm »

While I don't particulary like retro-active choices...
And I don't like the story being moved on without our ability to interact. We grabbed and passed by the idol with no input from the players.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2014, 01:19:05 pm »

Well to be honest he meant to give us some background info like that, so don't criticise the GM for railing a bit, it helps establish a common knowledge on the game.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2014, 01:32:45 pm »

True, but it's still annoying, and we didn't need to immediately leave.

Plus, we took a ton of damage for actions we didn't ask for. Even if we probably would have had we been asked, it's annoying.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2014, 04:24:01 pm »

Annoying? Yes. Acceptable? Yes. Moving on...

+Bury the Idol
+Then get on the horse, and ride as you can before you have to pay upkeep. Ideally we want to get up into the mountains and see what may be on the other side.

+1. Can we make our horse permanent when we get more mana? Or is it only when it is created?
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2014, 04:58:29 pm »

Annoying? Yes. Acceptable? Yes. Moving on...

+Bury the Idol

+1. Can we make our horse permanent when we get more mana? Or is it only when it is created?

+1 I think we can fix the spell later on.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2014, 05:08:11 pm »

Annoying? Yes. Acceptable? Yes.
Removes GM's right to complain when we ask to do other things with that thing? Yes.
Sig

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2014, 08:23:59 pm »

Now, why would I ever complain about constructive criticism? If you guys care enough to write it, that is already a compliment in and of itself. The least I can do is to consider your opinion. No promises though ;3
For the record though, it was by chance that we happened upon the idol, and even per chance that it was aligned to hurt undead. The Railroad ended somewhere between the second and third post~

The Plains of Grating, Fifth Age
The Age of Death, Year 625

Day 1, Late Afternoon

Yeah.. burrying the stone idol was a good choice. Well, a magically inclined person should still find it, if they pass by the area, but leaving something so potentially dangerous out in the open... Well, actually not like you would care about it, but better be safe than sory.

Some stones, a bit mud from the riverbed, and there. Much better. Here is hope the unknown god enjoys the view~

The Plains of Grating, Fifth Age
The Age of Death, Year 625

Day 1, Around Midnight

Deciding to take your chances, you begin the chase on horseback. While you have to grab the horse a bit awkwardly to stay on at this greater speed, it should pose no real problem. To your dismay the deer is rather fleet though, but not enough to gain all too much ground from the reanimated equine. It takes it while, but slowly and surely the former will get out of breath.

" Giddy-up, onwards we ride~"

Yes... slowly. While you are able to give it some clawing-marks fairly early, neither the exhaustion nor the loss of blood seems to impede the deer too strongly. It takes two whole hours to wear it down enough that you get close enough to claw its throat. After it has finished its last death-throes you gorge yourself on the warm corpse, eating the raw flesh with gusto - and certainly not minding your table manners while doing so.

Soon enough you are bloated, and feel your body slowly invigorate itself, fueled by the bloody meal. Looking at the position of the moon the time should be around midnight, and you ponder on what to do with the corpse. It has quite some meat left, but taking all of it along would require you to go by foot, the horse carying the carcass instead. You could also – in theory – animate the bones, once you stripped them of their flesh. The later is actually quite the hindrance, even dead flesh not properly aligning with necromantic magic, unless the later is woven to do so.

Speaking of that, your horse – being thrice as big as your normal humanoid corpse – would have ought to need about  9 MP, but your blunder boosts that to a whooping 16 mana per full day. If you are to keep it, investing in the minor enchantment to make it permanent would be an idea worth considering. You could either go ahead with the ritual – about 90 MP – or try to repair the mess-up for about 25 MP.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Followers (click to show/hide)

" What a feast. Worth any minute of the chase. "

Spoiler: Extra (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:36:37 pm by escaped lurker »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2014, 08:33:23 pm »

"I'm a cowghoul, on a skele-horse I ride. And I'm wanted, wanted, 'live or undied!"

What do you mea, "make it temporary" for 90 Mana?
Repair messed-up-ness. Animate deer skeleton, then have it carry the rest of the meat.
Sig

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2014, 08:41:30 pm »

We only have 20 Mana. Not enough for any of the options other than paying upkeep for a day.

We should just ride the horse for as long as it lasts, perhaps paying upkeep for a day, and try to find greener pastures. To the Mountains!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2014, 08:41:52 pm »

((Our mana per day seems disproportionate to our max especially considering that our form's two main uses were spell casting and mana farming. Not complaining just an observation.))
"I'm a cowghoul, on a skele-horse I ride. And I'm wanted, wanted, 'live or undied!"

What do you mea, "make it temporary" for 90 Mana?
Repair messed-up-ness. Animate deer skeleton, then have it carry the rest of the meat.
((That is most likely imposable. Even if we hadn't blundered with the original spell and it was on a human it still would have taken more mana than we gain per day. if we were to both fix the horse and animate the deer we would have to wait a day and a half and that's assuming the deer would cost the same as a human. Welp that's enough logic for today, back to flying wizard sheep.))
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:44:21 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2014, 08:48:40 pm »

We only have 20 Mana. Not enough for any of the options other than paying upkeep for a day.
Huh. Didn't notice our current mana.

We should just ride the horse for as long as it lasts, perhaps paying upkeep for a day, and try to find greener pastures. To the Mountains!
+1
Sig

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2014, 08:57:02 pm »

I dont know, I feel like we should honor the dead, whenever we do not animate them immediately. This will help us recognize resting places more easily in the wilderness, as well as making the dead more willing to follow us I assume.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2014, 09:29:57 pm »

I say that we should pay the upkeep until we can make it permanent, while using the horse to carry the bones of the deer. Time doesn't actually mean anything to us.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 40