Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: tissues, organic metaloids, ractions, and body parts.  (Read 6327 times)

Talik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: tissues, organic metaloids, ractions, and body parts.
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2014, 07:48:49 pm »

...odd.

And what do you mean 'reserved'? Its just one of the site types. and I have used it before.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2014, 08:15:33 pm »

I as well have made entities that have fortresses as default site types(I think it might have been the same mod actually, it's also notable that I made the mod). A fortress can be found in vanilla DF as things humans sometimes build. I think I've also tried [PLAYER_FORTRESS] and it caused the things to be called mountain halls in legends viewer. I don't think I tried [MONUMENT] but it's probably the tombs that humans also build.
EDIT:I've done some research based on that mod and found that I couldn't generate any more worlds but there were still two generated. I investigated and found that in both the entity still had fortresses as the default site, however the first one didn't have any positions and while the second one did the civ ended up not appearing probably due to strangely few forests (1 elf civ and 6 human ones) and the entity only appearing in conifer forests. So it seems that fortresses stop the entity from working, unless they don't have any positions.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 08:38:59 pm by vjmdhzgr »
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Talik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2014, 08:42:53 pm »

So I decided to try removing MOST nobles while keeping one of them to see if nobles work at all. So I removed all but expedition leader (and removed the 'replace with' tag for them)

It worked.

So... That might be important.

Talik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2014, 08:54:15 pm »

I have tested and it would appear that if I remove everything baron-level, higher, or connected to them in any way, it works.so I have generally everything you can get before becoming a baron

and it works.

I am now going to test baron-level. I predict this is when it will stop working.

Talik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2014, 08:59:58 pm »

I can confirm, Barons and up do not work. I even removed the 'appointed by' and replaced it with the mayors 'elected' badge. Nothing.

Talik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2014, 09:45:24 pm »

also, this works.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Talik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2014, 11:03:28 pm »

I apear to be bazlin'kizaur. 'A basilinian humanoid of large stature and aggressive nature'.
However...
'chief medical dwarf'
'battle axe' (Kizaur only have great axes and up. Also there are no halberds.)

What is going on?!?

Ekmo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2014, 10:11:55 am »

I'm a newbie at modding myself, but maybe you didn't define a position with [RESPONSIBILITY:HEALTH_MANAGEMENT] , and it grabbed the default dwarf job description?

Also, you want [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_GREAT] and [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HALBERD], not [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_BATTLE] . My guess is you copied the human entity entry as a base template and forgot to edit those parts.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 10:14:40 am by Ekmo »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2014, 10:44:29 am »

For your nobles make sure that you changed everything for each one, same with weapons. I normally clear all the WEAPON and PANTS/SHOES/GLOVES/HELM/ARMOR/SHIELD tags and add them in as I go, just so I know I didn't miss something later on.

Comb over your nobles and ensure that you name them what you want. Like the general being a war chief or something, and a manager a tribal head master or chieftain not sure what style these are exactly, if they are more or less barbaric reptiles or just violent civilized ones

Talik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2014, 12:57:39 pm »

well they are violent civilized ones. Theire in-game description is..
'A basilinian (basilisk-like) humanoid possessed of great stature, an eerie understanding of the natural order (!!science!!) and an aggressive nature'
I got it to work already actually... I should probably stop posting my problems, I keep fixing them really quickly and before I need any help anyways. And their primary noble positions...
Byz'ryk: Preferably multiple, not sure if thats possible. Combines trader and your everyday useless noble. They also might have more responsibilities if I could think of something that works, but until then they are more or less brokers which are exempt from labor. I actually think that will help as they will always be ready to be merchants.
Heart of stone: They fulfill the positions of sheriff, chief medical dwarf, and book-keeper, all rolled up into one. They can demand but cannot mandate, and they require medium-ish requirements for rooms and stuff.
High Prince: The High Prince is the leader. Elected, because the actual government is too hard to put into the game. (The government is on this page: http://warhammer40kfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Bazlin'Kizaur ) He also fullfills all military jobs, so he does everything the general or captain or lieutenant etc. I dont know how those work properly.
I want to add more but I cant figure out what their resposibilities and jobs would be. I would like to add more variety for the Byz'ryk, a serpentshrine guardian unit which would require good rooms and refuse to do anything but fight, and maybe add a Dibirun unit which could assassinate people (Although I doubt that would actually be possible.)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 01:05:01 pm by Talik »

Ekmo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2014, 05:16:04 am »

You could try moddding the general position from the dwarves entity file.
Position token info is here: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Position_token

Stuff you (might) want are:
[REQUIRED_BEDROOM:number]
[NUMBER:number] if you want more than 1 of this position to exist
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION] <-- too bad this doesn't work.
[MILITARY_SCREEN_ONLY] optional, so the creature doesn't show up in the nobles list
[REJECTED_CREATURE:CREATURE:CASTE] if you don't want regular kizaurs getting the job
[SQUAD:number:singular:plural ] so they can lead a military squad.

For the Dibirun unit, what exactly are you thinking of when you mean assasination? If it's just to be in sneaking mode all the time, make a custom caste for them, put an interaction which grants themselves the hide status, then define the position to be military and have that caste only. If you want to have that caste be produced on demand, you could create a building which makes an instantly boiling rock that carries a syndrome that causes transformation into that caste.

The hide interaction could be something like this:

Talik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2014, 08:56:46 am »

caste's? Dont really know how to do those. If I did I would try to make an asexual caste that were the only ones who could be nobles and were just objectively better. Also I named the males 'androspawner' and the females 'spawner', because the race is actually supposed to have asexual reproduction.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2014, 09:31:37 am »

Pop ratios

Talik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2014, 11:16:08 am »

I will read that soon but for now I have an urgent question:

I want this guy to command a military. How can I accomplish this? It wasnt working when I did it in-game.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2014, 11:46:42 am »

add in [SQUAD:30:mp officer:mp officers] 10 is the default but you can make it as large as you want.

EDIT:
derp I see you have [SQUAD:5]

umm what did you mean command a military? like a squad?
remove [RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_GOALS] and see how that works, also most entity changes require a regen
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:48:42 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7