Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Viktor Frankenstein  (Read 2669 times)

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
Viktor Frankenstein
« on: March 27, 2014, 09:59:49 pm »

I am going to up front right now, I am no good at modding but I often have great ideas for mods.

I was wondering if it would be possible to make a mod that allows for mad scientist to be a profession? Like, they can gather old body parts and patch them together to make patchwork zombies at a special work station? Then later the patchwork zombies could learn to behave in society much as the original monster in the book did.

Then other scientists could have different buildings to work with, and then they could have their own siege weapons be made, like Tesla Coils and Plasma Coils.

Perhaps another type of scientist could create patchwork creatures that work as pseudo chimeras? And then these pseudo chimeras could be trained for war.

Think this is too insane? Think that it should be tried anyway? And, finally, think it could work?
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

polle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Viktor Frankenstein
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 02:25:30 am »

Something like macabre mood choose a random body detail plan and stick it together.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 03:38:52 am »

Yeah, and that would lead to a legendary patchwork zombie of the highest quality. It could be adorned with menacing spikes of bone or some other material.

Perhaps one would have to make bolts at the forge? Each patchwork zombie requires two neck bolts to be animated.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 04:49:02 am »

Cough cough... Masterwork DF Warlock mode.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 05:18:54 am »

There is a difference between a warlock and a mad scientist. What a scientist does is far greater than magic. It is science.

GENERATION 29:

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 05:23:19 am »

Maybe. But the race is designed to be made of mad scientists. You dont get migrants (only two waves) and no kids. All civ members are made from corpse parts.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 05:34:31 am »

That sounds interesting, but it is not what I'm thinking of.

I just looked over the mod, and it does have some of the elements that I'd want. Mainly the dwarves being patchwork. But I was thinking more along the lines of building the patchwork zombies as cheap labor, and then after a while they can do the other things that regular dwarves can do. And since they are sewn together and reanimated, I figured that they'd do quite well in the military where if they get torn apart they will just be put back together again by the mad scientists.

Another part would be the lack of patchwork animals, those could be trained as war animals as well as kept as pets by dwarves who like patchwork creatures for their "Macabre look and feel."

Also, the mod doesn't appear to have Tesla Coils nor Plasma Coils. Those are a must.

GENERATION 29:

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 06:04:54 am »

Selfbuild and upgraded pets, as well as tesla coils, are ib the Gnome mode. But the pets are automatons/clockwirk, and the race is good-aligned.

I think if you want exactly what you describe, you will have to learn modding and write it yourself. ;)

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 06:07:57 am »

Yes, that is as I feared.

Could anyone give me a tutorial on how to mod DF?

I've only ever modded two games; Minecraft and Skyrim. Not the two best games for reference when it comes to DF.

GENERATION 29:

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 07:46:37 am »

The construct-creature script can be used independent of the gnome mod.  It works with organic materials now, so you could in theory make a creature out of the bodies of dead animals and have it take on all their material properties.  To be fair, there wouldn't be much point in this since most creatures are made up of the same kind of stuff anyway.

If you made a hybrid of gnomes and warlocks they'd be pretty much exactly this.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 10:09:54 am »

The point of it is that I think it would be cool to have mad scientist as a profession in DF. That's the only point.

GENERATION 29:

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 10:29:55 am »

rename a skill/profession? and have all reactions and such go off of that skill

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 10:42:46 am »

Alright, so something useless. Like Lye Makers.

Also, when I put in the creatures name should it be
Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:PATCHWORKZOMBIE]
or should it be
Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:PATCHWORK_ZOMBIE]?

GENERATION 29:

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 10:49:02 am »

up to your naming conventions. I personally like using "_"s for separating names just so it's easy for 'me' to read. you could name it PWZ if you wanted.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 10:54:56 am »

Alright, thanks.

Also, I want to be able to control the patchwork zombies without the use of any outside programs. How would I do that?

GENERATION 29:
Pages: [1] 2