Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Viktor Frankenstein  (Read 2657 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Viktor Frankenstein
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 11:12:15 am »

well, if they were a pet (the dead creature in question) you can ressurrect and transfrom the body (upperbody contains the soul) then it'd be a pet, so you could train and pasture and such. you might be able to do some voodoo with resurrect and transform and bp (makes a friendly creature uncontrollable) and then maybe make it oppossed to life for a few seconds and catch it in a cage trap. inwhich it becomes friendly when the opposed to life wears off. after that idk if you can tame a FRIENDLY pet creature.

also any dead civ members if resurrected will of course give you full control because it's your civ member, will have to be transformed into a caste tho [CASTE:PWZ]

there are 2 other ways but they involve breeding which idk if that is a course that fits mad scientists

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 11:25:08 am »

Clearly you haven't seen enough black and white B rated sci fi movies. Breeding is always an option. All you have to do is be an evolutionary biologist.

Thanks for the info. I think I might have to do some very strange bits of poking around with the raws in order to get this to work in the way that I want it to. For example, the patchwork zombies should appear as the offspring of the reanimator that put them together. I also want to make it to where the patchwork zombies have string as a part of their makeup, like in-between the wrist and the hand is some string, somewhere on the chest there's string. Etc. If the string gets cut then that body part goes flying off.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2014, 11:30:40 am »

Thats easy, make the STRING tissue the only [CONNECTS] tissue. then when it's cut it is the only thing holding it together, and bam severed.

Also the breeding process is a bit lengthy, I hope you are an experienced creature modder. If you like to hear about the breeding side, and which one that is.

Breed Pets
Breed Pets that are semi civ
Breed PET caste of civ to have full civ control

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2014, 11:44:19 am »

Alright, that explains the string issue. Now what about having the new creatures be marked as the offspring of the creator?
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2014, 11:52:27 am »

If the Breeder is a PET there will be no father, just a Mother (the animator) and all offspring will be related (lots of bothers and sisters)
Also all offspring will have a <tame> on them (doesn't effect much it's purely cosmetic)

Now you can have it as a PET that breeds other PET and TRAINABLE castes
or can have two castes MALE/FEMALE both PET and a offspring caste that lacks a PET and is INTELLIGENT, and on birth transforms into a CASTE of your played civ MAD_SCIENCTIST:PATCHWORK_ZOMBIE
but the third option (for full civ control) will not work for zombies and such since the offspring will be born as Scientists (unless you think of it as evil cloning)

and by creator do you mean the mad genius is giving birth? Or you mean the birthing beast gets a name on it based on the mad genius that made it?

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2014, 02:26:30 pm »

Well, similar to how Adam was Frankenstein's child in that he gave him life, the patchwork zombies would be the children of the reanimators that gave them life.

I want it to say in the patchwork zombie's thoughts and preferences that he/she is the son/daughter of Urist McMadScience

GENERATION 29:

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2014, 02:31:35 pm »

Not possible.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2014, 02:37:02 pm »

Alright, I guess I'll have to make do with what I got then.

GENERATION 29:

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2014, 02:11:48 pm »

So, a quick look at the wiki says that there are already constructed creatures.

GENERATION 29:
Pages: 1 [2]