Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any respite for vampire adventurers?  (Read 930 times)

Ebonblade7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Any respite for vampire adventurers?
« on: March 28, 2014, 02:51:19 pm »

I have a pretty successful vampire adventurer going now. I use choking to render victims unconscious, then feed from them. While in a hamlet, I was VERY thirsty, and decided to drink a farmer's blood while no one was looking. My swordsman companion walks in, yells some sort of challenge (though he mostly cited MY kills), and suddenly the whole village is out for blood. Let's just say I have ~20 more kills and am a skilled spearman now (I was novice before). What should I do now? Will other villages not care? Or should I flee to another civilization? I would like to continue questing if possible and eventually take on a necromancer tower in the eastern part of the world.

Ebonblade7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any respite for vampire adventurers?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 03:45:59 pm »

I traveled far to the south, killing goblins, human bandit leaders, and wild boar sows until I reached a hamlet. They speak to me civilly (without the whole stabbing bit) and gave me a quest to kill a bandit leader. I am gathering companions to kill the leader and rise to a position of power in this civ. Soon all the world will be under my undying thumb. Mwahahaha!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 04:05:05 pm »

You can murder entire civilizations... Er... Not possible until next release. And other people won't care. Really, Attila the Hun, red-colored with blood and clothed in macabre human skin cloak, runs into my house? What a pleasant surprise! Have a cup of tea, friend!

Soon all the world will be under my undying thumb. Mwahahaha!
Soon, the vengeful royal archers will find you...
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 05:08:29 pm »

Man, the day I can be the Vampire-antihero, purging the corrupt civs, and being a social outcast to them all is the day I never leave DF.

Although, currently, the moment I see a "Deity" I fucking charge his ass. And once I had a world where I could start VERY close to the capital, and spent many-a-hero trying to take him down. Finally succeeded, too, on the guy that did enough quests to be given one FROM THE DEITY (I think.) Killed the things, came back, he was like, YOU'RE FUCKING GREAT! I was like, STAB.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 01:48:23 pm »

Man, the day I can be the Vampire-antihero, purging the corrupt civs, and being a social outcast to them all is the day I never leave DF.

Although, currently, the moment I see a "Deity" I fucking charge his ass. And once I had a world where I could start VERY close to the capital, and spent many-a-hero trying to take him down. Finally succeeded, too, on the guy that did enough quests to be given one FROM THE DEITY (I think.) Killed the things, came back, he was like, YOU'RE FUCKING GREAT! I was like, STAB.
Check out the link in my sig about Shashziril. It was basically a huge bodyswapping adventure to kill a deity.

Ebonblade7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 03:31:41 pm »

« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 12:38:08 am by Ebonblade7 »