Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Full Loot PVP Games  (Read 33372 times)

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Full Loot PVP Games
« on: March 28, 2014, 06:04:37 pm »

hi,

ive been lurking on this forum for years and ive always come here when i was in search for a new game to play. recently i fell in love for the concept of full loot pvp. the idea is that whatever player you kill - you get to take his stuff.

while i understand this concept isnt very popular, ive ran out of games that utilize it. once you start to like it, other games that dont use this concept seem dry and blank. i made this thread as a call to help: please list any ONLINE game, of ANY genre, that enables players to kill other players and loot all of their items, OR boasts in severe penalty for people who get killed.

ive searched EVERYWHERE, tried EVERYTHING, but i know theres still more out there. i dont care about graphics, genre or age. i prefer the game to be of an rpg style, non consensual pvp and open world. heres a list of all the full loot games i tried, but stopped for one reason or another:

project ascension - a free WoW shard that has a full loot realm and a classless char design. it makes me wonder why blizzard doesnt make a realm like this, because it is surprisingly good and fits into the game.

wurm online - the games pace is too slow, overall gameplay isnt appealing.

ultima online - played it for a while but stopped, looking for something new that works exactly like this one.

mortal online - it was fun at the beginning, but the appeal didnt last. pretty unpolished.

darkfall unholy wars/rise of agon/new dawn - its promising but it has some population problems.

shadowbane - dead

asherons call - got bored of it now. game got too old as it is.

diablo 2 (hardcore) - not too many players played hardcore.

path of exile (hardcore) - while its possible, not many players choose to follow this path.

dayz - another great utilization of the concept. very fun. looking for games similar to this one. buggy and not quite fun after a while.

the warz - i guess its more or less the same as dayz?

planetside - not quite full loot as you dont actually "lose" anything, but i guess it counts.

fallout2238/fonline2/fonline:reloaded - perfect full loot game. still playing it. looking for games similar to this one, just with balanced combat that makes sense. the pvp in this game is quite atrocious.

earthrise - still in alpha after like 7 years, no thanks.

face of mankind - dying game with almost no players.

salem/haven and hearth - game just seems to be too plain and boring.

the repopulation - not open yet.

minecraft - would call this a good game, but the metric tonne of hackers ruin it completely.

total influence - too small and is suited for russian players instead of international ones.

rust - joke of a game.

age of conan - the game isnt sandboxy enough, everything is instanced.

albion online - havent played it, but heard mixed reviews.

eve online - not the kind of full loot im looking for, although a fun game.

shores of hazeron - while this game isnt really full loot, the fact that you can destroy and plunder ships and cities that belong to other players make this similar to what im looking for. currently waiting for the game to have more updates.

spacestation 13 - there are VERY FEW servers who have decent rulesets/admins. most servers ban you for saying poopey.

the chipped dagger - dead

nether - i dont meet the 64 bit system requirement to launch the game.

elderlands - still in closed alpha.

xyson - game is pretty empty and theres not a lot to do.

life is feudal - it hits the nail on the head. unfortunately a lot of the game mechanics, mainly combat, look sub par.

gloria victis - same problems as in LiF.

hellmoo/armageddon mud/infernoMOO - these could work, but i really dont like muds.

dark age of camelot - more or less the same as asherons call. bland and old actually, i gave this a try and found it to be pretty okay, there is no full loot in this game but you can get players' gold and stuff i guess.

hailan rising - buggy beta and no open pvp.

dawntide - im pretty sure this is dead.

tibia - i personally dont find it appealing.

neocron 2 - some looting, game is dying though.

7 days to die - minecraft + dayz.

please dont start arguments featuring fullloot vs normal loot, i understand not a lot of people like this genre of pvp, but for people like me we cant play without it. thanks to anyone who comes up with something.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 08:30:13 am by Geltor »

ghjijhg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Full Loot PVP Games
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 06:26:09 pm »

The Chipped Dagger is worth trying. It is directly stated in the FAQ that the game is full loot pvp.
The website is here.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 06:31:10 pm »

The Chipped Dagger is worth trying. It is directly stated in the FAQ that the game is full loot pvp.
The website is here.

Quote from: website
Players Online: 0
there should be a minimum standard of activity. i suppose i forgot to mention that

ghjijhg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 06:54:53 pm »

Found another game that's close to ultima, but I'm unsure if it meets your requirements. The faq on the forum is here. The game is called Elderlands.
Also, it's in closed alpha testing, but there are open tests sometimes.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 07:14:06 pm »

Found another game that's close to ultima, but I'm unsure if it meets your requirements. The faq on the forum is here. The game is called Elderlands.
Also, it's in closed alpha testing, but there are open tests sometimes.
ah yes, i tried this one before. forgot to mention this one. i havent got a chance to play since its mostly closed alpha testing though.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 07:45:56 pm »

Armageddon MUD fits the bill.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 08:02:51 pm »

Hey Geltor, I've never heard of FOnline and it sounds interesting. Which do you recommend, Reloaded or 2?
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 08:06:18 pm »

Why don't you just play UO, darkfall, and FO2238, or dayz - four games you've listed as great, exactly what you are looking for, etc?

I know that sounds like a glib answer, but what you want is a rather niche product and there's already 4 you listed that fit what you're looking for... what more do you expect?

I mean why look for a game similar to dayz when you can just play dayz?
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 09:11:23 pm »

Two games in development that you may want to keep on your radar : Life is feudal and Gloria Victis (here's a detailed explanation of their loot system)

ghjijhg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 10:25:06 pm »

Ok, found one more thing: Xsyon.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 05:11:21 am »

Hey Geltor, I've never heard of FOnline and it sounds interesting. Which do you recommend, Reloaded or 2?
id recommend fonline2 since theres more players and less ganking. but other than that theyre pretty much the same. the game is very fun once you get over the difficult beginning
Why don't you just play UO, darkfall, and FO2238, or dayz - four games you've listed as great, exactly what you are looking for, etc?

I know that sounds like a glib answer, but what you want is a rather niche product and there's already 4 you listed that fit what you're looking for... what more do you expect?

I mean why look for a game similar to dayz when you can just play dayz?
good question. while i am playing those games, they dont last forever for me and im always looking for something new. also, i wanted to compose a list of all the games i know of this type so maybe other people would have an easier time finding a game.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2014, 05:47:24 am »

I keep returning to UO myself. Most other full loot games make the mistake of focusing almost exclusively on PvP and the game's PvE is so boring that people only feel like playing when they know they can find a fight, contributing to rapid game exhaustion. In games with a painful grind and tremendous loss (e.g. Darkfall, Shadowbane) the issue is exacerbated. They also tend to fail when it comes to bits of absolute genius in UO's early game design which created a wonderful MMO atmosphere. Not that UO is perfect, especially the playerbase, but after becoming consistently disgusted by most other offerings I can honestly say I enjoy it for reasons other than nostalgia.

* Glowcat ends game gushing
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2014, 06:38:27 am »

I keep returning to UO myself. Most other full loot games make the mistake of focusing almost exclusively on PvP and the game's PvE is so boring that people only feel like playing when they know they can find a fight, contributing to rapid game exhaustion. In games with a painful grind and tremendous loss (e.g. Darkfall, Shadowbane) the issue is exacerbated. They also tend to fail when it comes to bits of absolute genius in UO's early game design which created a wonderful MMO atmosphere. Not that UO is perfect, especially the playerbase, but after becoming consistently disgusted by most other offerings I can honestly say I enjoy it for reasons other than nostalgia.

* Glowcat ends game gushing
i have the same mentality. unfortunately for me the epitome is fonline2 and not ultima online. i never played ultima online in its prime and i found it hard to start now

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2014, 11:25:54 am »

If you cam across a load of hackers in minecraft, you clearly joined bad servers.

Most servers don't have any. If you play a no-rules server (bar the whole no hacks etc. stuff), you can come across players that spawncamp, but due to them harming the playerbase (if you cannot get established, who is gonna want to play?), they are generally banned.

I've only, over the course of my minecraft games, come across maybe 5 hackers. That's since the first beta version.
youre right. the servers i used to play on attracted hackers because of their popular nature and rulesets. since i was only playing on pvp servers that includes raiding/griefing, its only logical that the amount of players seeking to have advantages over others is larger than servers who play for pve.

regardless, my problem is that it IS possible to hack. even if there are admins on, it doesnt excuse the fact that someone is capable of hacking and get away with it. the charm about mmorpgs is that hacking is not easy to pull off or usually not worth it.

Longjon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 12:36:29 pm »

Sorry for bringing back such an old thread but I could not agree more with the poster. It seems as though games like this have been phased out by the cookie cutter "casual" rpg games. I played Ultima Online until they ruined it with that trammel/felluca stuff and I don't think anything has really been able to capture that sandbox feel for me since. I'd be interested in trying another game but everything kind of disappoints me.
Pages: [1] 2 3