Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Full Loot PVP Games  (Read 33371 times)

Hexus86

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Full Loot PVP Games
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2015, 01:13:43 am »

HELLO FELLOW MMORPG Followers.. I too (like all of you mention over and over here) am in search to replace the empty hole that UO left me with all those years ago.

Game after game and nothing can fulfull my need to replace that:
immersion immersion immersion,
fully customized skill format,
amazing tactical PvP,
Amazing PvE,
extensive crafting,
option to snoop, stealth and steal,
housing to lock down your loot (and break in and steal) so much fun,

I've put a couple $$ towards a game called "Shroud of the Avatar" that Richard Garriot himself is heading on.  If you don't know who that is, he's the originator of the Ultima series.
There is going to be custom skills, crafting, housing, PvP & PvE.. Unfortunately at this point it looks like selective PvP, but some zones are open PvP no matter what.  And you can only loot 1 item at this point.

Regardless, this is the closest game I can find to date similar to the great UO.

There is also a game in alpha called "Shards Online" in which I'm keeping a close eye on.  Hoping open PvP and loot gets implemented into this one.
Another game (that could be cool if it went full PvP / loot) is "Oort Online".
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 01:16:27 am by Hexus86 »

Kenpokiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2015, 04:24:05 pm »

darkfall unholy wars - Will be joining soon
shadowbane - dead -> shame
diablo 2 (hardcore) - Played it for too long, for too hardcore now
path of exile (hardcore) - Working on an account
dayz - Got bored of Zombiesurvival... h1z1?
Tried PS2 - more of a FPS?
fallout2238/fonline2/fonline:reloaded - Interested.
earthrise - Yeah still waiting...
the repopulation - Yeah still waiting...
eve online - Reminds me of Atari Asteroids, The EVE announced in '14 with fps element seems nice
shores of hazeron - Nice might start playing.
neocron 2 - Started playing few days back.
War of Conquest - Dead, simple squareclicking game where you'd sit on orbs 24/7 that paid out real-life cash with an international roster untill rebirth making the game politics heavy.

Added
http://shardsonline.com/ (theyre at 211 percent of hteir kickstarter, lol)
& Shrouds of the avatar/P2P - From their IRC though: There's no full loot pvp in the game, but there will be a little bit - like loot ransom, they want to make a ranking-system for pvp. they just added some of the first intended open pvp zones in the form of shardfalls.
on the watchlist :p
Have continuum on PC but haven't bought it yet.

I played Runescape for a decade. Can't really get more brutal then that in the wilderness. Sadly with the introduction of the "Evolution of Combat" a lot of combat mechanics changed and albeit it were skillful at the beginning i'm disliking it right now. Not the combatsystem itself but moreso the combat formula, before with RSC and RS2 you could build hundreds of "pures" (accounts dedicated to PvP with low combat but high DPS output and each with their cool weapons and specialties)

Hybridding (quikly switching inbetween items to get an advantage in resists, specials, ...) has also been kind of nerfed.

They introduced "Legacy" to imitate the oldschool combat on the EoC liveservers but has now been dubbed "lolgacy"... With the introduction of dualwielding and various high-dps abilities, it just doesn't work properly (2h weaps OP in PvP - Legacy though)
"Specials" which are special attacks attributed to your weapon have been reintroduced though and since this game has been running for so long you have an extensive sort of gears and weapon setups you can try for fun. Lots of funny specs :p

But all in all you can get your skills up and start the grind called PoP (ports) which can you get you items tiered at 85 which is basically the highest you can get for free (bar PvP weaponry which is higher dps then chaotics lvl 80 but less accuracy). For just getting into the game it might be too much of a grind: attack, strength, defence, HP, prayer, summoning, range, magic all getting to 99... Which equals to 13 million xp each, not forgetting all the quests and other skills to get items or do said quests...

You're looking at atleast 6+ 90+ skills to get ports started and the months of daily voyages.
Can do PvM for tier 7-9 gear.

But viable (cheapskate) gear (no honour! :p) and stronk (costing 100's of millions) whilst there are hardly noticeable differences anymore (but purists like me do it anyway). To be exact, whilst there are funny setups the tiers simply work 1-9 so despite what you come up with, the highest tiered weapon is always the most effective. To me that's boring gameplay.

also introduction of pay2win irks me.

http://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/runescape-3-14-years-history/
Maybe this is a better introduction as i'm negatively biased albeit there are flaws in his article (soz for nerd). Equal =/ balance IMO, took away a lot of the fun.

Anyhow:
You lose all items in inventory and equipment when skulled unless you use protect item.
You keep three items if killed unskulled.
Lots of Minigames but the community has been looking down on the PvPers (well where don't they). They recently updated the "Demon flash mobs" D'n'D where there are demons in the wilderness bringing some life back to it but other then the Revenant(monsters that drop PvP STUFF) cave there really isn't much action anymore. Wilderness & Mod Pi have been working on putting life back into PKing/PvP and this year saw many minigame overhauls/reworks and more to come aswell as "World events" where WE2 was FULL PVP (safe) all over Gielinor (now that was fun). Combat responsiveness came recently and more agressive familiars (summoning). Wildywirms dropping a level 85 weapon upgrade (so another spec and STRONK!) which is a slayer monster will draw in PvPers and PvMers alike and will be added soon.

There's also the Warbands every 6 hours which draw in FC's which engage in war. (not my cup o tea, I solo/team PK for loot, not kill noobs and get XP ; )

I will be PKing with the addition of the Wildywirms:). I'm also in one of the few heavily PvP-focused clans left running FC's for PvP minigames.

Do not get fooled. This game has been geared towards skilling, XP craze and PvM the past few years and bar the few PKers in PvP worlds or W2 (busiests worlds and randoms in rev worlds) It's hard to pick a fight. PvMers will wreck you simply because they know the system through and through (really, i've seen girls tank 5 in WE2 xD).
But PvPers always have the dirty tricks :-*.

Mod Pi wants to work on a lot including:
Things in progress:
1. Skull yourself via Mr Ex
2. make it so hopping single/multi line doesn't switch your single/multi status for a short time to stop abusing it. (think pvp worlds bank timer)
3. Improved responsiveness
4. NPCs following the PJ timer

Things under investigation:
1. Loot showing to everyone
2. EoC PvP Improvements
3. High risk wildy worlds - no prot item at all
4. anti 1-itemers ()
5. More wildy coent/wildy revival

The game has been running longer then a decade but when one of the Gower brothers left it feels like they went back into beta with RS3.

i'm also looking for more Full Loot PvP games, risking all you have or gaining riches. It's something special.
Steam: Kempomeester.

I'll post more if I encounter any in my search :)
Thanks all.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 05:34:11 pm by Kenpokiller »

Kenpokiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2015, 12:18:53 pm »

Linkrealm: Rises like a Phoenix
Official
"Players could sign up to try out the Phoenix server beta which is starting on February 27th for a few weeks. Beta applications are now closed but according to the FAQ :

Soon after Beta 1 Phoenix will either undergo one or more closed beta phases, or be pushed to Open Beta, according to user reception and evaluations on the stability of the game.

Some will of course remember the sort of atmosphere that Ultima Online had with PvP. The ganking, the horror, the unending train of players brutally hacking other players apart. Some will remember that fondly. After all, fun is different to different people."

+ Open Free-For-All PvP and expanded player looting;
+ A whole new game world, with planned weekly expansions;
+ Reviewed balancing of most of the features of the game;
+ Improved customer support and professional Game Masters.
http://www.youtube.com/v/yOS3SfrT8Ew
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 12:22:27 pm by Kenpokiller »

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2018, 08:22:52 am »

i just wanted to necro this thread because i found a very good game for those interested: https://project-ascension.com

to keep it short, its a classic wow private server that has a "high-risk" realm, allowing people to attack anyone in contested areas. it also has full loot, which plays really well, surprisingly.

perhaps a more impressive feature is that this server features a classless level system, which means you can choose skills from multiple vanilla classes and create an ass load of builds, kind of like path of exile.

really loving it so far. its pretty populated as well for a private server, more so than the mainstream full loot games there are out now.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2018, 04:40:28 pm »

That sounds really fun, really min/max'y, and kind of cool. How janky does the skill mixing end up? Are we talking actual class skills (rogues being able to pally-bubble), or is it just the buffs of a particular class (freecast on crit or something/can't remember vanilla WoW's skills)?

Because if it's as stupid as bear druid/hunter/warlock hybrids, then I'm in. :)
It's a game. Have fun.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2018, 05:57:28 pm »

That sounds really fun, really min/max'y, and kind of cool. How janky does the skill mixing end up? Are we talking actual class skills (rogues being able to pally-bubble), or is it just the buffs of a particular class (freecast on crit or something/can't remember vanilla WoW's skills)?

Because if it's as stupid as bear druid/hunter/warlock hybrids, then I'm in. :)
i was a stealth mage prot warrior until level 15, so yeah, its as stupid as that!

you can hand-pick skills from every class provided that you are eligible for it level-wise. from what i could tell, the skills have been tuned so there is nothing obviously broken, for example: you only do 80% normal damage if you use a 2 handed wep with sinister strike.
Pages: 1 2 [3]