Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Let's Play X-COM Apocalypse: Send in the next wave!  (Read 3006 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play X-COM Apocalypse: Send in the next wave!
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2014, 11:57:17 pm »

Brainsuckers. Horrifically deadly in turn-based, absolutely not threatening in real-time.

Yeah. I swear, Genghis took so many brainsuckers in that op it's a miracle he only turned on the last one on the whole map.

W-w-w-wait a second. You can take a brainsucker and not turn? That has never happened to me!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2014, 02:20:18 am »

Brainsuckers. Horrifically deadly in turn-based, absolutely not threatening in real-time.

Yeah. I swear, Genghis took so many brainsuckers in that op it's a miracle he only turned on the last one on the whole map.

W-w-w-wait a second. You can take a brainsucker and not turn? That has never happened to me!
Yup, once in a while someone will keep their brain after a sucker, and in my experience, androids are straight up immune.

Good save, Sally, good save.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2014, 03:51:57 am »

And so the slaughter begins.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2014, 09:28:46 am »

Didn't see us not failing with only four people.  Why not more?  Strength in numbers!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2014, 09:30:28 am »

I think maybe four was the max for one of the cars?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2014, 09:41:35 am »

I think maybe four was the max for one of the cars?

That's right, Hovercar has max four. Next time I'm sending as many as can fit in the actual interceptor vehicle (12, I think) just in case.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2014, 11:09:06 am »

You can fit 12 or 14 guys in the Wolfhound APC iirc - I use that a lot at the beginning of the game if the roads aren't too shot up.  Then I don't have to remember to move guys in and out of the combat vehicles (it SUCKS to lose the Interceptor *plus* a full squad and equipment because I forgot).

Oddly enough you can also have 'em WALK to the site, via the "people tubes" as long as they're not disconnected because of damage.   I've only done this a few times, I usually use the APC 'cause it came free and it's basically good for nothing :p

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2014, 11:41:54 am »

You can also send multiple vehicles to investigate the same building.  It isn't until you investigate a UFO that you need everyone in the same vehicle.

Using this mod, you can make roads either more durable or indestructible, allowing road vehicles to serve some purpose.

I should also point out that the most significant difference between the original X-Com and Apoc is that in Apoc you don't have unlimited reinforcements.  In Apoc, you get like one new soldier recruit on average per day.  They're certainly not expendable, at least not in the first few weeks.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2014, 01:45:48 pm »

Coral: "Do try to preserve the bodies. We need them for research."
You've got a bio-transport module on your hovercar? That seems highly unlikely(ie impossible) if it's the first day.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2014, 01:55:33 pm »

You've got a bio-transport module on your hovercar? That seems highly unlikely(ie impossible) if it's the first day.

Nah. Just an IC bit of dialogue.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2014, 03:06:10 pm »

Nah. Just an IC bit of dialogue.
It's good to establish good habits early.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2014, 06:24:24 am »

Well. I would have updated yesterday, but I ended up playing Titanfall instead. I'll get it up later today.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2014, 08:53:38 pm »

Name: John Dakka
Preferences for weapons: Either the biggest gun available, or the best melee weapon available (I haven't played this game yet)
Personality/Bio:  Has no understanding of the concepts of "Sanity" or "Overkill".   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2014, 11:22:33 am »

PTW
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2014, 12:47:14 pm »

Bump?
This still alive?
Pages: 1 2 [3]