Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Outlands 2 RTD [Turn 7: Noises!]  (Read 22838 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outlands 2 RTD [Turn 0: Inevitable]
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2014, 08:38:40 pm »

"Uh... thank you... don't die either..." Selina begins running towards wherever the attack seems to be coming from, getting her crossbow ready. This couldn't end well. There hadn't been an attack against the very walls in a long time. And she hadn't had an actual fight against a real demon yet. She tries to steel her nerves as she approaches the conflict area.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2014, 10:16:15 pm »

Karla felt a surge of panic. She had no equipment to speak of, but she felt a need to help protect the city anyway. Wielding only her burin she...

Cautiously approach the battle. Pray to Ayum for strength to defend the city.

EDIT: Edited action
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 02:44:19 pm by Samarkand »
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2014, 04:26:28 am »

Olivier almost began to grin, the fact that a battle was soon apon them, although slightly morbid perhaps, brightened his day. Glancing one last look at the wares, he picked out the glass beads, and grabbed them. "Vindil!, I will take these beads as payment for the sketches of song, I trust you to keep these safe until after the battle." Placing the beads on a nearby surface, Olivier calls song and exits the shop, glancing at the walls in the distance. "I guess I should oversee evacuation first.."

Help with the evacuation of the craftsman quarter!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2014, 02:40:11 pm »

Torgjer leaves the building without a word and jogs towards the walls without a second thought. There are demons to keep out.

Head to the walls. If possible, enhance my leg speed for better dodging with a novice level spell.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2014, 03:36:18 pm »

Wait until the little girl rushes off, grab the runed paper talisman and the wand, and then rummage through other abandoned stalls. If any threats come up, throw up a quick shield with Metamagic, and run like hell for either the Walls or the Temple District, whichever one is in the opposite direction of the threat.

Asilidae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 18, 2014, 06:50:58 am »

"Oh dear, dear, dear..."
Head to the nearest military post and inquire how I can be of assistance.

>No more giant penises. We had a sort of Arms Race once when one guy ordered himself a 14inch synth-flesh abomination and the guy after him had to order one that was 15 inches. It kept escalating till someone got their entire lower body replaced with a slithering, naga tail package that they actually got around on.

I had to vent the entire living quarters.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 18, 2014, 10:18:23 am »

With a wide grin spreading on his face, Al Korrak listened to the ominous sound of horns. People who were happily enjoying themselves a mere minutes ago, without any doubt, hurried to safety in barely suppressed panic now.

"And so, unexpectedly, chance to test Reaper came across..."

Follow Tor to the battlefield. He's going there, right? right?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2014, 03:44:32 am »

"I am really not very comfortable with this... this'd be an awkward time to take a bath, no?" He'd hardly get to relax under the shadow of a demon attack. Maybe his skin would even get wrinkles from this. (The horror!)
Then again, wasn't that - living a normal life, or as close to a normal life as possible, the entire modus operandi of Whitekeep?

And he couldn't pull out now. At least in a bath, he'd have a natural advantage if anything went wrong. Ice and all that.

"Well, madame. After you." The air sparkled for a moment - Cinaedica's favorite party trick. Keep your eyes on the money...
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2014, 10:02:44 pm »

((Irony, how long should we expect between updates? I don't mean to rush you, I just don't want this game to die from neglect because it looks fantastic.))
My Area

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2014, 10:25:19 pm »

((Irony, how long should we expect between updates? I don't mean to rush you, I just don't want this game to die from neglect because it looks fantastic.))
((Hopefully far less than this, usually. I've just been distracted and busy with other things lately.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2014, 10:37:27 pm »

((Hopefully far less than this, usually. I've just been distracted and busy with other things lately.))
((Okay. If I ever nag too much you can yell at me.))
My Area

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2014, 10:43:04 pm »

((Different GMs react differently to being poked. I tend to be one of the ones to respond very well to regular prods with a stick.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 25, 2014, 09:13:12 pm »

Turn 1: Restraint

"Uh... thank you... don't die either..." Selina begins running towards wherever the attack seems to be coming from, getting her crossbow ready. This couldn't end well. There hadn't been an attack against the very walls in a long time. And she hadn't had an actual fight against a real demon yet. She tries to steel her nerves as she approaches the conflict area.
[1] Images flood your mind of yourself and others screaming as they're slowly ripped apart by soulless monsters that want nothing but to watch you slowly and painfully die. By the time you reach the walls of the Market District near the main gate, you look frightened and pale enough that the captain there asks if something's already made it inside the walls, and if you need help getting to safety when you tell her you didn't see anything.

Karla felt a surge of panic. She had no equipment to speak of, but she felt a need to help protect the city anyway. Wielding only her burin she...

Cautiously approach the battle. Pray to Ayum for strength to defend the city.

EDIT: Edited action
[2] You head to the walls of the Temple District. The local guard captain tells you nothing's been sighted and that he doesn't know where they'll strike. Climbing the walls for yourself, you can see the fields outside Whitekeep, but no sign of trouble.

Olivier almost began to grin, the fact that a battle was soon apon them, although slightly morbid perhaps, brightened his day. Glancing one last look at the wares, he picked out the glass beads, and grabbed them. "Vindil!, I will take these beads as payment for the sketches of song, I trust you to keep these safe until after the battle." Placing the beads on a nearby surface, Olivier calls song and exits the shop, glancing at the walls in the distance. "I guess I should oversee evacuation first.."

Help with the evacuation of the craftsman quarter!
[6] You help haul a wagon of supplies like a beast of burden, which helps get a half dozen concerned merchants out. You're a little tired and nowhere near the walls, but the Craftsman's District should be a bit emptier and the Temple District a bit more packed now.

Torgjer leaves the building without a word and jogs towards the walls without a second thought. There are demons to keep out.

Head to the walls. If possible, enhance my leg speed for better dodging with a novice level spell.
[6] You reach the walls, climb onto them, and look out into the distance.

"Don't usually come near here," a nearby archer says conversationally. "They say the aura keeps them out when they do attack, but other people just say they're usually too dumb to not go in through the main gate. Did you know it's built to fail? Apparently originally they build it out of solid iron and magically glyphed it, but the demons were smart enough to go around when it was that obvious, so they started using wood. Though Met says that's because they ran out of iron, and I heard wood holds aura power better.

Speaking of which, did you know some of the stone is gated? Apparently they like to quarry it, but..."

She shows no signs of stopping. You are sufficiently distracted to forget about trying to enhance your dodging ability.

Wait until the little girl rushes off, grab the runed paper talisman and the wand, and then rummage through other abandoned stalls. If any threats come up, throw up a quick shield with Metamagic, and run like hell for either the Walls or the Temple District, whichever one is in the opposite direction of the threat.
[6] You conclude that as the girl is taking her cart with her, you should avoid stealing from her. In fact, you decide to act innocent until she's gone.

[6] You start rummaging through some decidedly less mobile and decidedly more abandoned stalls. This looks nice, you could use that, this could be sold, that's probably valuable, you don't even know what this is so you'd better take it to be safe...

It occurs to you that you look rather conspicuous with both arms full.

[1][3] This faintly cinnamon-colored wood wand is intricately patterned and perfectly cylindrical. It's also meant for healing others.
[2][3] This teardrop shaped, aquamarine crystal fits in the palm of your hand. It enhances water magic, which would be great if you knew any.
[3][3] This bright red sash is very eye-catching, but appears intended to enhance the leadership qualities of its bearer.
[6][6] This... lantern? It's made of what you'll assume is very intricately detailed black iron with worn white edges, shaped in a roughly lantern-ish shape complete with a handle on top. Instead of a flame, there's a single slitted eye framed in red in the middle of its cagelike construction. It's looking at you.
[4][4] This small wooden lockbox is unlocked and contains 40 white gold coins.
[6][4] This blue-tinted greatsword is very elegant-looking. And very valuable-looking.

+Assorted Loot

"Oh dear, dear, dear..."
Head to the nearest military post and inquire how I can be of assistance.
[1] The nearest guard captain recoils and suggests you go defend the civilians in the Temple District.

With a wide grin spreading on his face, Al Korrak listened to the ominous sound of horns. People who were happily enjoying themselves a mere minutes ago, without any doubt, hurried to safety in barely suppressed panic now.

"And so, unexpectedly, chance to test Reaper came across..."

Follow Tor to the battlefield. He's going there, right? right?
Tor is indeed going to the battlefield. He strides purposefully to the walls and asks about the situation.

[1] The guard captain is feeling huffy today, crossing his arms and informing Tor that if he's not a volunteer under command of the army, he should get out of the way. Spice rolls her eyes, while Tor ignores him to gaze over the walls with a spyglass.

[5] Spice snaps to attention after a moment; you didn't notice anything change.

"They're coming. Here," Tor says, grinning maliciously.

"I am really not very comfortable with this... this'd be an awkward time to take a bath, no?" He'd hardly get to relax under the shadow of a demon attack. Maybe his skin would even get wrinkles from this. (The horror!)
Then again, wasn't that - living a normal life, or as close to a normal life as possible, the entire modus operandi of Whitekeep?

And he couldn't pull out now. At least in a bath, he'd have a natural advantage if anything went wrong. Ice and all that.

"Well, madame. After you." The air sparkled for a moment - Cinaedica's favorite party trick. Keep your eyes on the money...
[4] "Wonderful!"

Turns out Lady Leafbalm wasn't lying about being wealthy. A quick trip to the left reveals a truly excessive freshwater bath with adjustable heat and currents. Luxury at its finest.

You have a good feeling about your odds of being well-paid for this. Well, the fact that she's currently massaging your shoulders as you sit in said bath might make the situation seem cheerier also.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Outlands 2 RTD [Turn 1: Restraint]
« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2014, 09:18:54 pm »

((Oh dear.

...Go team, go!))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outlands 2 RTD [Turn 1: Restraint]
« Reply #149 on: April 25, 2014, 09:41:33 pm »

Tune the distraction out and give myself my adept level dodge transformation spell. If possible, get closer to the main gate. OBVIOUSLY they won't attack this section while I'm standing here.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14