Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 275673 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! FEF2 HAS FINISHED!
« Reply #3405 on: January 07, 2017, 08:27:52 am »

Haspen does have a point though. New FEFs are few and far between lately, and we aren't seeing many active games. Three have completed, a handful are in progress, but I wanna say we're approaching 20 or so games that are dead, formally or otherwise.

If someone has the time and drive, I would strongly encourage them to start a new game to breathe a bit of life back into FEF, because it needs it bad.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: January 07, 2017, 08:30:23 am »

It's the amount of work a GM needs to do to even start the game, and then it goes worse what with map updating, rolling, calculations, 130 pages of combat mechanics and class skills and uhhh.

I won't be surprised if I hear that someone wanted to but decided not to host a game because it was too gargantuan of a task ;v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: January 07, 2017, 08:35:49 am »

Yeah, I kinda do want too, main reason I haven't is the time investment (and lack of plot ideas -_-;). Maybe once summer break starts for me, but that's a few months down the line.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: January 07, 2017, 08:39:15 am »

Yeah, I kinda do want too, main reason I haven't is the time investment (and lack of plot ideas -_-;). Maybe once summer break starts for me, but that's a few months down the line.

Pls, FEF1 was about bundle of mercenaries vs evil noblewoman gathering macguffins. You don't need much more than that really :P
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: January 07, 2017, 08:55:30 am »

When I started Final Hour I only had clear the start, midpoint and end and look what happened v:

I also had to update it through a phone and during the last year of my graduate so it's definitely possible to do.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: January 07, 2017, 09:38:18 am »

Wasn't someone running a game on another forum? I wonder how that's getting along.

Haspen does have a point though. New FEFs are few and far between lately, and we aren't seeing many active games. Three have completed, a handful are in progress, but I wanna say we're approaching 20 or so games that are dead, formally or otherwise.

If someone has the time and drive, I would strongly encourage them to start a new game to breathe a bit of life back into FEF, because it needs it bad.
Well, you could always reboot vrfef... :P

To be honest, I'm not sure I'd run another fef. The system itself isn't the best, and it only takes one absent player out of many to hold up everything.

Also pls no more mercenary protagonist groups. That's been done a couple of times  already.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: January 07, 2017, 09:41:06 am »

I have a setting that I'm putting together for a few people I know in RL. I might use it for a game here after, may not, but VRFEF is almost definitely not coming back.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: January 07, 2017, 09:42:31 am »

Wasn't someone running a game on another forum? I wonder how that's getting along.
They are, and it's going well. They're around level 10 now, and there's now a second game being run by two people.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: January 07, 2017, 02:13:55 pm »

I've just been so drained and busy from work that I can't even really begin to think about running my game again. So uh... yeah. Prolly better to just officially declare it dead at this point

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: January 07, 2017, 03:22:51 pm »

I've just been so drained and busy from work that I can't even really begin to think about running my game again. So uh... yeah. Prolly better to just officially declare it dead at this point

* Haspen goes update TVTropes.

They are, and it's going well. They're around level 10 now, and there's now a second game being run by two people.

Yeah Pyon doesn't come here often but his games are going steady on that forum :Y
SigFlags!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: January 07, 2017, 03:30:53 pm »

Might as well put Broken Circle on the dead list while you're at it Hasp.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: January 07, 2017, 03:42:29 pm »

What's that? Did it have at least 2 chapters?

No place on list without at least 2 chapters :v
SigFlags!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: January 07, 2017, 03:50:52 pm »

It didn't even have one chapter, so I guess not. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: January 07, 2017, 04:05:14 pm »

Welp I guess I have an idea for a FEF :v

A group of guards (the players) investigate a small crime in a big city and uncover a hueg conspiracy or something like that.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: January 07, 2017, 04:07:10 pm »

I wish I had more self-motivation. And that someone who had actually started on an FEF tool finished it. :P If I had both of those things I might try to run one, it's not like I don't have ideas and time.
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 300