Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 274735 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! FEF2 HAS FINISHED!
« Reply #3480 on: January 14, 2017, 02:21:24 pm »

He looks a bit wall-eyed there.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: January 14, 2017, 02:21:42 pm »

Gig why in the hell did you derp his eyes? :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: January 14, 2017, 02:22:59 pm »

I have no idea what you could possibly ever begin to even mean about anything to do with his eyes.
At all.
Ever.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: January 15, 2017, 10:46:25 am »

It's been a week, so I might as well make a quick progress update on the FEF calculator.

Long story short, it's code, so it's simultaneously almost finished and nowhere near finished. Most of the core logic is done or at least patterned out, and we're repurposing GUNINANRUNIN's old calculator's shell so it looks fabulous.

At present, the calculator functions off of copy+pasted JSON arrays. Those aren't actual words unless you're familiar with them, so it's time for pictures.

Spoiler: Exhibit A (click to show/hide)
This is the converter. "What converter?" Excellent question. See, you enter in your stats (and once I add it, weapons, progression rates, anything it's handy to have) and it spits out this:

Spoiler: Exhibit B (click to show/hide)
"The hell is that?" Also excellent question. You dump that into this:

Spoiler: Exhibit C (click to show/hide)
"So what's THAT?" Another excellent question. This is the UI of GUNINANRUNIN's previous stab at a FEF calculator, slightly maimed to suit our current work. Once it's operational, it'll be what you see while selecting a character from a dropdown list on each side of the screen, selecting a weapon from another nearby dropdown list, modify their (temporary) stats in those convenient boxes, and then hitting the fight button to calculate and display the results of them having a go.

So why the first two hoops? To conveniently store characters. GUNIN's previous method of parsing out pastebin data was brilliant, but suffered from a few major headaches. JSON text can be converted directly to and from javascript data, meaning you can copy+paste an entire roster of goons each with their own collection of weapons all in one easy step.

This will mean you'll need to keep around a master text file of JSON gobbledegook, but also that this is all you'll need to keep, and that said file can record HP, xp, weapon quality, and otherwise pretty much anything you'd want. And as mentioned, generating the text in the first place should be as easy as filling out boxes.

For the actual hitting each other with sticks part: Most of it is done but hasn't yet been integrated into the shell or with the underlying stats code, and the weapon data code is not solid yet. Once both of those are done, though, it'll mostly be finished in its most basic sense.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: January 15, 2017, 10:55:16 am »

So glad that a working calculator is finally coming together :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3485 on: January 15, 2017, 12:27:26 pm »

Irony is a clever bean. This wouldn't be happening without him.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: January 15, 2017, 01:56:22 pm »

Irony is a clever bean. This wouldn't be happening without him.
Irony has inspired me since I've joined the RtD forums :I Like y'all else. (And Dwarmin,  but he hasn't posted in this thread I think!)
But yeah--you are all cool and I look forward to using a BETTER CALCULATOR THAN EXCEL SPREADSHEETS (that I lack experience to be efficient with x.x)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: January 15, 2017, 04:22:09 pm »

I wish to formally request help with a mugshot for Brady, from the Magi Wars game that's starting up. I'd do it myself, and probably butcher it, but my next two consecutive hours of free time are Wednesday.  :-\
I need a mug that looks like a simple, peaceful guy. Auburn hair preferred.

EDIT: Much obliged to I_Like_Pi for getting a mug ready for me!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 12:42:16 am by Shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: January 17, 2017, 09:58:12 pm »

Two questions:

One, does weapon proficiency also act as a hard cap on what weapons you're able to wield, or are there special conditions if you're unqualified to wield your current armament? I can't find any definite rules for proficiency's function beyond WT reduction, and nothing concrete whatsoever about what weapon rank does.

Two, how would people like the calculator to display combat results?
Sniper4 versus Vandertz: 119-48= 71 Hit Rate. Roll: 38, Hit!
45-17= 28 Damage!
Druid3 versus Yvain: 105-20-33= 52 Hit Rate. Roll: 79, Miss!
This style, or something different?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: January 17, 2017, 10:05:21 pm »

I'm pretty sure proficiency is a hard cap like in the games (because that makes the most sense :P).
Black lives matter.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: January 17, 2017, 10:11:18 pm »

It's a hard cap unless you're a Bounty Hunter with Omni-weapon.
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: January 19, 2017, 01:32:09 am »

Y'know, I looked through the PHB, but I couldn't find anything about what weapon ranks are for except that they reduce the effective weight of your weapon when calculating your Attack Score. So unless I missed something, the Rules As Written don't prohibit, say, archers from using healing staves or lances, or mage trainees from using Arcfire.

Although I think most GMs would go with "like the video games unless noted", so... yeah, your weapon ranks determine what weapons you can use.

(who writes / maintains the PHB? That should be an edit for the next version)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: January 19, 2017, 02:52:16 am »

Oh, hey a combat thingy from my game was mentioned as an example. DON'T FORGET TO BUY GATES OF RUNDUM MUGS AND SHIRTS PEOPLE!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: January 19, 2017, 03:12:24 am »

(who writes / maintains the PHB? That should be an edit for the next version)
Far as I know it was a bloke named Cecil, but I haven't seen him around in a long time.
I suppose we could produce a 1.4 handbook of our own but everyone has different house rules.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: January 19, 2017, 03:41:45 am »

There are certain things most agree on though, like Overwatch for Archers and Awareness being cost, Maturity and Blossom being different, etc.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 300