Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 283465 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! Looking For Beginner Players!
« Reply #3930 on: January 17, 2018, 03:42:31 pm »

There are a lot to choose from.

Thank you.
Awesome With Autism

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Black lives matter.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #3932 on: January 17, 2018, 11:40:36 pm »

https://youtu.be/vyztAr3CBg0

I might be persuaded to be a guest enemy for a map, I'll just drop that offer here.

Spoiler: Cameo (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 04:37:43 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: February 03, 2018, 06:03:25 pm »

For the record, the thing that Soly is talking about in the poll involves the performer changes found here

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: February 05, 2018, 04:08:46 pm »

Just dropping a quick note here so hopefully people will see it. Would rather post here than in the OOC of every game I'm in x_x

I'll be leaving on a sort of road trip this Friday, and I won't be home until sometime late Wednesday. I have no idea what my options will be regarding posting moves or RP in any FEF; there might be WiFi, or I might be using data, or maybe I'll just be completely incommunicado.  Will see how it goes.

Anyway, if I don't drop any sort of posts or messages by the end of Saturday I officially give permission to move for me in any game.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Caleocek

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: February 07, 2018, 02:54:14 pm »

I'm bored because I'm not in any game.

I do stupid homebrews when I'm bored.

So here's a thing that'll never be used, but I don't care: I'm sharing anyway

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: March 29, 2018, 02:09:00 am »

PTW, I am not sure if I did it
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: March 29, 2018, 08:03:16 am »

Alright so I've been working on developing new classes for the tome using category of units, which I will go ahead and place here as background for the coming discussion.

Spoiler: New Magic Classes (click to show/hide)

So as you may have gleaned from the spoiler, the weapons that the Baron receives is under discussion. I am currently lobbying for:
Dark/Light, Anima, and Lance. Three weapons, which is a fairly diverse kit.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: March 29, 2018, 08:11:29 am »

I believe they should have Anima, Light, and Dark, as well as Lances. All three tomes gives them extra versatility and sticks a bit more to the original Baron class from the early Fire Emblem games. They also don’t have to pick a specific promotion path to decide their weapon proficiency, as is the case with Assassins.
Black lives matter.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: March 29, 2018, 08:33:54 am »

Strictly speaking, the way I have it set up now, Tacticians get to choose Light or Dark, though Scholar is indeed barred from Light.

As to having four weapons: Barons would need to be locked at 4 C ranks, barring them from end game weapons and never being able to use something a first class unit could not. As there's a fairly sharp jump up between C and B rank weapons, this would leave Barons with low potential damage throughout the endgame. The only other class that does this is Bounty Hunters and they get Omni-Weapon to cover their weapon rank limitation problems.

Realistically, you really only need two of three weapons to have good triangle control, since you can beat two things and be neutral on a third. Having all three is just gravy, especially if you're getting a weapon off of the other triangle on top of that, as you suggest. This is another area where the Bounty Hunter beats the proposed weapon setup for Barons, since they get two and two, allowing for strong control of either triangle, rather than dominating one and dipping a toe in the other.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: March 29, 2018, 08:56:09 am »

The point of Barons wouldn’t be dealing a ton of damage, though, in this case. Like their brothers the Knight and the General, they focus on reducing damage they would potentially take. Lessened damage is what Runic Armor is for, after all.

Bounty Hunters indeed have Omniweapon but they can’t use high-rank weapons nearly as effectively as a character with the required efficiency. No Weight reduction as well as a penalty for every rank they don’t have in that weapon really puts a damper on their versatility, even if it is pretty sweet to run around with Gespenst and The World and all that. Barons have a lot fewer options than Bounty Hunters.

Additionally, this hypothetical four-weapon Baron could easily ditch Runic Armor in exchange for the extra ranks. Most of your points about reduced effectiveness hinge on the “requirement” of reducing maximum weapon ranks in exchange for having more of them; why not just get rid of that requirement in the first place?
Black lives matter.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: March 29, 2018, 09:14:09 am »

Because then they're more similar to BH only worse instead of being a unique class. I think keeping them to two magic options works better in the form of fef. While we draw inspiration from FE, we don't need to keep things exactly the same. Plus Runic Armor solidifies them as being a bit of a tanky magic class which is fairly unique and helps distinguish them from other magic options even more which is nice.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: March 29, 2018, 09:31:13 am »

Bounty Hunter can use every single weapon in the entire game. Barons are restricted 1. to tomes (and lances) and 2. to weapons of a rank they have.
Black lives matter.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: March 29, 2018, 09:36:51 am »

Yeah, so if you took their Runic Armor Skill away to facilitate more diverse use of those weapons that they have, they would be Bounty Hunters with less versatility and with armored. So... Worse Bounty Hunters.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: March 29, 2018, 09:37:56 am »

The most important thing I have to really say about the classes is that 'Press the Assault' really needs to be limited to once a turn or something similar. As much of an edge case as it'll be, having a Tactician and Performer work together to blitz the enemy in a single turn is something to worry about.

Other than that it looks fine to me, but obviously the details could use a bit of tweaking by someone with more FE experience. Or at least someone with stronger opinions.
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 300