Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 275409 times)

xelada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! Handbook v2.0 has arrived!
« Reply #4350 on: May 14, 2019, 09:30:25 pm »

Maybe Awareness+/Nihil+ should be "When entering combat, negates enemy Character Skills, Class Skills, and Personal Skills (but not Faults) for one full turn" or something.
Stronger than base without being too much more powerful.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: May 15, 2019, 05:10:16 pm »

I made a new poll about Resolve. I don't think the current 50% increase to important stats is very balanced, my opinion is that a flat bonus like Wrath would be a good option.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: May 15, 2019, 05:50:54 pm »

If you make it a flat bonus then it needs to be changed to a Free skill. No question in my mind. That 50% bonus only becomes really good if you invest heavily in those stats, and when you already have less progression to work with it can leave your character in a lot of trouble.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4354 on: May 15, 2019, 06:04:01 pm »

The only issue with the current Resolve is that it has a bad power curve - it's not very good early and potentially somewhat overpowered at endgame. However, it's fairly balanced for the majority of the game, and many other Character Skills (e.g. Ignis, Luna, etc) have a similar curve, and I don't see anyone proposing changes to those.

Not only is it cost, it is a skill that activates at low health and encourages investing in offensive stats, giving it poor uptime overall.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: May 15, 2019, 10:47:32 pm »

The main problem with making resolve a flat bonus is that it's going to have a significantly steeper impact than wrath does, at least in my opinion. Critical rating is a secondary concern contingent on already hitting your target. Resolve traditionally enhances several factors that come into play before critical does, mostly hit and Eva but obviously AS as well. And crit, to a lesser degree.

Changing it to a flat bonus to hit, Eva, and AS (leaving out critical just to avoid stepping on wrath) is going to make it much more powerful averaged across the course of a game, more or less depending on what sort of modifiers it is given.

I know the variant replacement in fh2 is 20 hit/Eva, 5 DAM and 5 AS. Assuming that a replacement flat bonus is based on that, it is ludicrously strong compared to current resolve. The AS bonus could be met at 10 speed, but the hit and evasion bonuses would require you to have 20 in skl and spd with current resolve. From there the difference is in crit vs damage and 5 damage stacks up against the maximum 7 crit from current resolve pretty favorably. Even if you drop the damage bonus, that's a pretty hefty bonus at trainee and doesn't really fall off until arguably the very late game.

Lastly, a flat resolve bonus wouldn't necessitate investment in spd or skl, which would likely result once more in gimmick builds a la Efa that drop spd and skl in favor of long term survivability to improve uptime and get incredible mileage from the flat bonuses.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: June 14, 2019, 11:26:54 am »

Alright so the spy class has been a contentious topic for a long time for a couple reasons, mostly their sort of strange weapon allocation issue and skills that ranged from awful to bad. Assassin carried them for a long fucking time but it's time the rubber met the road.

Shortly we'll be polling whether or not to remove spy and replace it outright with a new class. As Master Spy is intertwined with spy, it would similarly go, and the new class would receive a new promotion. Here are the deets:

Quote from: Spy Reckoning
Spy removed, and replaced with Outlaw: D bows, D hidden, promotes to assassin and vigilante

Vigilante: b sword cat, b bow cat, b hidden cat, c sword c bow c hidden

Master Spy: gone

Assassin: instead of being a single weapon s rank class, assassin changes to A/A hidden bow since master spy is no longer squatting on that niche.

The exact skills for Outlaw and Vigilante won't be voted on until the next poll (assuming they win) and are up in the air but the frontrunners are:

Sidearm: the really dumb skill on archers in 1.3 is significantly less dumb on a class that can actually use the weapon in question, and hidden is no longer part of the weapon triangle so it doesn't need a no wtp clause to avoid accidentally putting the user in more danger than they already were.

The tldr for those who aren't already familiar: this would let them counter with a hidden weapon if they get attacked while equipped with a bow

The other skill idea was to convert unspent move directly into damage, capped somewhere between 3-5 damage at first class and uncapped if it goes onto vigilante.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: June 14, 2019, 11:33:57 am »

I think that renders the only S Rank dagger class the Rogue though.

Also, do Outlaws currently have a Subcat specialty?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: June 14, 2019, 11:43:00 am »

Many weapons only get one class that S ranks them, so that's not a big deal I think.

And no, first classes with two weapons don't specialize until promotion.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! Handbook v2.3 is in the works!
« Reply #4359 on: June 17, 2019, 03:11:28 pm »

With 6-9 votes Outlaw wins! New poll is up.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: June 17, 2019, 03:33:39 pm »

So some veterans may note that this is a rerun of an old skl we took off archers. It is. However there are a few factors at play here that make it significantly less terrible.

Firstly, Outlaw has access to hidden weapons where Archers do not. Second, hidden weapons are no longer part of the sword category and don't present any weapon triangle shenanigans that need to be worked around.

Also maybe now you can switch to bows too? I dunno, we'll see how the poll goes.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: June 17, 2019, 03:36:28 pm »

Only longbows work at range 3 though. Likewise, there is the Pinwheel in the Hidden class that also works at that sort of range.

More specifically, the Pinwheel is 1-3 range, and is a B rank weapon in the Knife Class. While only longbows actually work in the 2-3 range.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 03:40:20 pm by TricMagic »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: June 25, 2019, 03:33:04 pm »

For those who haven't seen or otherwise weren't aware, I'm working on finalizing the first realized set of Third Tier rules for this game system. Part of that is going to be retouching a few skills/classes as I get closer to running Legacy Emblem after one of the games I'm currently running ends, but until then this is going to be a consistent work in progress.

It's a lot of work though and in some areas I am just exhausted of ideas, particularly for additional 'heavy weapon' types, which would be swell to have, and class fluff. I've set the settings for the google doc I'm prototyping in so people can leave comments, so feel free to drop any ideas you want to share in there.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c6FHBwh8Mho-AdIz9brCAYbSLyPM_UFtq6kQS6pOApA/edit?usp=sharing

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: June 26, 2019, 02:24:23 pm »

Due to the closeness of the poll and the ambiguous wording of Sidearm I'm restarting the poll with various different options.

The option of unused MOV to DMG will probably move to Vigilante, along with a modified Sidearm since they get swords too probably.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: June 28, 2019, 06:32:08 pm »

I still think the reworked Spy skill(Sacrificing damage for crit ratio) had plenty of synergy with Assassin's crit multiplier, so even if Spy gets cut out, that skill could go somewhere. And at least for now, hidden weapons are very underwhelming, so can't really give my opinion on slapping it on Assassins (Instead of being able to pick between S bows or S hidden).
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 06:34:04 pm by Praefectus Screptum »
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 300